Huisun 1.3mp Speed Dome PTZ with Auto Tracking and wiper

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know I know :) How many days did the camera take to arrive Damien from the day you made payment?
From payment it took about 2 days to dispatch and then dhl took around 2 days to my door (may have been 3)

So in all I was well chuffed with the speed of delivery and the tracking was good also

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hearing all the good reviews on these, but still yet to see any video clips posted online. Are there any sample clips showing how these perform? Both the 1.3mp and 2mp.

My big complaint with dome PTZ's is the limited above-horizon range. They'll look straight down at -90 degrees, but only about +5 degrees above the horizon. I always loved this "vehicle" pan/tilt housing for my analog cams as it gave full vertical range (+90 to -90) so that you could look straight up, straight down or anywhere in between:

There's only one place I found on Ali selling 2mp IP versions using this housing and there's no reviews. I'd definitely be in the market to replace some of my analogs if I could find a good high def IP version with the pan/tilt ranges of that housing. Unfortunately, I don't see anything like that from Hik, Dahua or Huisun :sad2:

Attachments

skeet25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm very curious as to the auto-tracking feature myself. Look forward to seeing auto-tracking in action with the Huisun. Hopefully owners of this unit can provide some feedback:)

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The auto tracking works well just as well as more expensive brands

Just don't expect too much of it

It will:
Follow a subject (person) and zoom in to it

It won't:
Follow a subject and zoom into a full face shot (it's designed to keep the subject in proportion to the image)

Follow vehichles moving more than a few mph

It is a usefully feature anworks well
It doesn't need manning but if you are sat in front of it with the ptz controls it makes the function 100 times better

The tracking will return to its pre defined park position after a set amount of time (user defined)
The park position for auto tracking is set in its respective menu

A problem car arise IF the subject it's tracking stays still for that set amount of time the cam returns to its park scene
Which if the subject if off the scene at this point the camera can not see it to track further

In the cameras actual dsp there is the option to set the object to
Small
Med
Big

I've tried them but unsure what they relate to as I can't see any difference

dstarr

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anybody know if we can use any of the Hikvision Firmware on the 2mp camera? I remember reading somewhere that somebody did this and it worked. Thanks.

Just to clarify: mine is the Hikvision Interface

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anybody know if we can use any of the Hikvision Firmware on the 2mp camera? I remember reading somewhere that somebody did this and it worked. Thanks.

Just to clarify: mine is the Hikvision Interface
If it's the hikvision module it should load hikvision firmware without any special prerequisites as its effectively a hik cam anyway.

I might be wrong and am willing to be corrected

dstarr

n3wb
Reaction score
If it's the hikvision module it should load hikvision firmware without any special prerequisites as its effectively a hik cam anyway.

I might be wrong and am willing to be corrected
That's what I thought, but I don't know which camera model to select?

Marius-h

n3wb
Reaction score
Camera 1.3 wont get ip 192.168.1.128. I can see on my router it does not get an ip at all. How did you connect to your cameras? Its setup with gateaway 192.168.1.1 as in the manual provided here and the right subnet mask. Help!

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Camera 1.3 wont get ip 192.168.1.128. I can see on my router it does not get an ip at all. How did you connect to your cameras? Its setup with gateaway 192.168.1.1 as in the manual provided here and the right subnet mask. Help!
From the factory they are setup as 192.168.0.99

Use sadp to detect and put the camera on the correct address for your network

Marius-h

n3wb
Reaction score
From the factory they are setup as 192.168.0.99

Use sadp to detect and put the camera on the correct address for your network
Thanks. It worked. Now is there a plugin for mac? I can only download an exe file. Doesnt work with ivs4500 software. Whats the default port for the stream?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you found that as I've tested it on 4500 4200 5200 directly and through an nvr and it's all good.

Marius-h

n3wb
Reaction score
Skjermbilde 2015-11-06 kl. 22.42.46.png

Why does my setup look blank? And when i click save nothing happends? Does it look like this in your settings?

KhMeRA

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get firmware update for this camera?

Rick

n3wb
Reaction score
View attachment 6164

Why does my setup look blank? And when i click save nothing happends? Does it look like this in your settings?
Since the values are all blank, I bet you're using Safari on a Mac? I had this same issue and found everything is ok when I used IE under Windows.

Bigjebac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So how does the image compare to the mini ptz? 1.3speed dome v the 2mp ptz? Also is it worth getting x30 zoom in the 1.3mp I have no real need for extra zoom but has anyone compared the price difference? Just not sure if it will look silly under my second story eve!!!!!

KhMeRA

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone have motion detection problem with this camera? the "Notify to surveillance station" and "Upload to FTP" are not working for me, It seem like firmware bug. Could someone post a screenshot of your firmware information?