Huisun 10x PTZ 2MP mini PoE bullet camera inside testing in complete darkness

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any new videos to post? Would love to see it in action outside...
Here's a short motion activated BI capture. I have the camera set at a shutter speed of 1/180 in order to capture license plates at night. FPS is 10.

The fan noise in the background is from a 12 volt battery charger inside my garage that I use to charge a 12 volt battery that powers my gate opener.

Last edited by a moderator:

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Lare
How long did it take for the cameras to get to you house after you order them, I order mine 4 days ago and no sign of tracking number or nothing, my camera is shipping DHL.
Regards.
Chewie

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello Lare
How long did it take for the cameras to get to you house after you order them, I order mine 4 days ago and no sign of tracking number or nothing, my camera is shipping DHL.
Regards.
Chewie
Hi Chewie,

It took a total of 8 days from the day I ordered it. I think it sat in Hong Kong for 3 or 4 days before it was shipped to L.A. At some point DHL transferred it to USPS and it arrived by Priority mail. Since it had to be signed for, I missed the morning delivery and had to go to the Post Office in the afternoon to sign for it and pick it up.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Lare,
well Looks like a few more days for me.
Regards.
Chewie

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
One last capture showing the Huisun doing its PTZ functions. Towards the end I turned on the auto-cycle patrol in BI. Recording lasts about 3 1/2 minutes. Audio included.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you, Lare, for getting me here
You'll be an inspector, have no fear
I don't want to cause no fuss
But can I buy your Magic Bus?

I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it...

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, Lare, for getting me here
You'll be an inspector, have no fear
I don't want to cause no fuss
But can I buy your Magic Bus?

I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it...
The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith
You take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how much longer ePacket takes compared to DHL. I would guess it might take at least twice as long. The two that I ordered today will be coming by ePacket. First one I ordered a while back was shipped by DHL and arrived in 8 days.

Don't worry guys, you'll have yours before next year, maybe around Xmas.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how much longer ePacket takes compared to DHL. I would guess it might take at least twice as long. The two that I ordered today will be coming by ePacket. First one I ordered a while back was shipped by DHL and arrived in 8 days.
Never can tell. I've had epackets arrive in as little as 7 days to as long as a month. A lot depends on how quickly the seller actually ships the item and then how long it takes to get through customs.

Also, your exact location in the U.S. can change the delivery date by several days. The epackets first arrive at one of the international hubs (like New York City) and are then transported as first class mail. So if you live near one of the international hubs, you'll get it sooner. If not, then you'll have to wait a few extra days for it to ride around the mail routes until it reaches your city. I've had some that took almost as long to get to my house from NYC as it took it to get to NYC from China.

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Larebaer, thanks for sharing. I'm going to buy one and see if I can get it to work with my Dahua NVR.

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got a mini dome huisun on a dahua Nvr with no problems, motion detection and ptz controls work.

fcanete

n3wb
Reaction score
One last capture showing the Huisun doing its PTZ functions. Towards the end I turned on the auto-cycle patrol in BI. Recording lasts about 3 1/2 minutes. Audio included.

Hi, Larebear... So, the camera has a built-in mic? Or you had used an external mic? I'm very interested in the equipment you used, please, if you can post her the exact models used and their links will be a great help!!

Thanks in advance, and best regards.

Fernando, from Southern Spain.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum fcanete. No, this camera doesn't include a built-in mic. I'm using Blue Iris which allows a camera to share another cameras audio. I have an old VGA camera in my garage that has terrible video but great audio. I have a mic attached to the old camera and have it mounted outside under the garage eave near the other cameras that don't include audio. I have 5 cameras on the outside of the garage sharing the audio from the old camera. Blue Iris is fantastic software.

Here's a link to the camera that I purchased. I have two more on order.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-arrival-rotary-bullet-PTZ-camera-2mp-10x-night-vision-IR-80m-IP-camera/32437446186.html

And here's a link to the Blue Iris.

http://blueirissoftware.com/

fcanete

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, Larebear!! It's a great idea to share the audio from another camera; in my case, I'm using a Synology NAS with a Surveillance Station package, actually I have 4 Hikvision cameras outside of my house; I'll try to connect a mic to the Huisun camera with audio and alarm I/O.

Thanks again!

Fernando.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Larebear thanks for sharing. I've put your sample videos in the first post of the main thread, let me know if you don't want them there.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sure, you're welcome to put it in the main thread klasipca. No problem at all.

And thanks for starting the main thread on this camera. It's been mighty popular and I believe Monica probably thanks you too. :)

tom95521

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Would like to see exterior night video of moving object at different zoom levels to judge blur, noise, IR projection distance.

Thanks
Tom

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, Larebear!! It's a great idea to share the audio from another camera; in my case, I'm using a Synology NAS with a Surveillance Station package, actually I have 4 Hikvision cameras outside of my house; I'll try to connect a mic to the Huisun camera with audio and alarm I/O.

Thanks again!

Fernando.
Let us know how well the mic works with the Huisun model that includes the audio/alarm Fernando. I'm not sure but you might need a amp for the mic. Will be interesting to find out how well it works.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Would like to see exterior night video of moving object at different zoom levels to judge blur, noise, IR projection distance.

Thanks
Tom
Tom, will try to post a night time video using the zoom and moving cars, people, etc. We don't get much traffic out here at night though. These cameras seem to do very well in low light, even without the IR's.