Huisun 10x PTZ 2MP mini PoE bullet camera inside testing in complete darkness

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I mounted the camera inside my house on the end of a table about 1 meter above the floor to do some testing before mounting it on the garage. The camera is running off a standard 802.3af TP-Link PoE Injector. The short test was done in complete darkness.

So far I really like this mini bullet. Might have to order a couple more. The price is right. :)

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. Looks nice. :)
The image quality does look very good with the Huisun. I'll install it on the front of my garage which is about two meters from a low traffic neighborhood side street (maybe 10 to 20 cars a day). Neighbors will be able to see where it's pointing, whereas my 12x PTZ dome is tinted, so they can't see the direction I have it aimed. :) So far no neighbor complaints on any of my cameras. I'll have 5 installed on the outside of the garage after I get this one mounted. I know, it's overkill but also a fun hobby. :peaceful:

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Id like to see it without all the reflective stuff in the house aka the white walls the highly reflective dishwashers etc etc etc. IN a real world test outside where it matters the most. IMO any camera can look good in a 8x 10 room.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I always prefer to test a new camera inside the house for a few days before mounting it in its permanent location. I'll probably get it mounted on the garage today, since it's not raining for a change. :)

I'll post a couple of videos, one at night and one during the day after I'm finished installing it.

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look forward to the new videos and thanks for sharing. Quick question, do you know if you can use a Dahua NVR?

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Lare
I am trying to order one of these cameras from Monica which Sensor Size you selected when ordering you camera.
Please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep, as acvb stated, the Sony CMOS sensor size is 1/2.8. Focal length of lens on that model is 5.1mm to 51mm. Go for it chewie. :peaceful:

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The camera is running off a standard 802.3af TP-Link PoE Injector. :)
Are you still running POE with it mounted outside? A bit of research shows the camera pulls down 16W max (claimed) but 802.3af is only rated to 15.4W at the source and a little under 13W at 100m.

I've never hooked up anything that draws more than about 7W in the worse case scenario to POE so it hasn't been an issue. I'm assuming the 16W figure is night with IR on panning tilting and zooming all at the same time and most of the time you won't go anywhere near that. Do you know if it is compatible with the 802.3at (POE Plus) standard as well? Have you noticed any difference between the day PTZ performance and the night PTZ performance when you have the extra load of the IR's on? If there is a difference does it really matter?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you still running POE with it mounted outside? A bit of research shows the camera pulls down 16W max (claimed) but 802.3af is only rated to 15.4W at the source and a little under 13W at 100m.

I've never hooked up anything that draws more than about 7W in the worse case scenario to POE so it hasn't been an issue. I'm assuming the 16W figure is night with IR on panning tilting and zooming all at the same time and most of the time you won't go anywhere near that. Do you know if it is compatible with the 802.3at (POE Plus) standard as well? Have you noticed any difference between the day PTZ performance and the night PTZ performance when you have the extra load of the IR's on? If there is a difference does it really matter?
Yes, running the camera off of a standard 802.3af TP-LINK 8-port (4-port PoE) gigabit switch with all ports being used. Cable length is about 35'. So far no problems. PTZ works fine at night with the LED's on. I don't know if it's compatible with PoE+ but I would think it would be. I haven't noticed any difference between daytime PTZ and at night performance when the IR LED's are on.

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any new videos to post? Would love to see it in action outside...

PRC_Save_Me

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow, amazing quality. Let's hope the components last, I just might buy one in the future.

By the way, what is this company, Huisun? Are these actually Hikvision PTZ bullets that are only available for the Chinese market for now?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any new videos to post? Would love to see it in action outside...
I'll post another video soon. Not too much action out here where I live right now. Very few cars and not many people walking down the street recently with all the rain. :)

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow, amazing quality. Let's hope the components last, I just might buy one in the future.

By the way, what is this company, Huisun? Are these actually Hikvision PTZ bullets that are only available for the Chinese market for now?
So far have been happy with this camera. I'm seriously considering ordering a couple more. Quality is excellent. I hope the motor(s) that control the PTZ will last for a long time.

The brand is Huisun but seems to use a limited version of Hikvision firmware. I don't know if the company is associated with Hikvision or not. Here's a couple screen captures of the web configuration.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope the motor(s) that control the PTZ will last for a long time.
I would not be too concerned about the PT motors, even foscam has figured out how to make them reliable...My concern would be with the autofucus and the IR leds....Lots of these companies overdrive the leds leading to premature failure after 6 months to 1 year....kind of like what we see with cheap IR illuminators...

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My concern would be with the autofucus and the IR leds....
Hopefully these Huisun cameras are built well enough to last a few years. If anything fails, I would hope it would be the IR LED's instead of having PTZ or focus problems. Can always add IR illuminators but might not be so easy to repair PTZ or focus failures.