Huisun 10X PTZ and Blue Iris PTZ Preset settings

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know this info already exists in segments spread across several fora (Huisun and BI forum) but I just took an update to BI, both Windows app AND the Android app, and now my PTZ Presets functions are hosed again..second time this has happened. While I await smarter folks than me to tell me what to change vis-a-vis the Presets, I thought it might be a good idea to have a dedicated thread on the subject, since it is a unique quirk on this cam/BI combo. Yes, the presets still work on the actual cam, just neither app.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
AHA! It was me! I saw a post a few hours ago about TinyCam Pro requiring port 80, and I was using a different port, so I changed it, not realizing I was affecting THAT function too.../sigh. The updates to both BI apps was incidental, not causal. Carry on! :miserable: (If I fart around long enough, I can break things pretty good!)

tahoegeek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, so I am also still messing around with this camera. I can control PTZ fine when I access the camera at the IP address of the unit and use the embedded software. However, the PTZ feature doesn't work via Blue Iris. If I select Huisun for the MAKE type, the only option under the MODEL dropdown is RTSP... no choice for OXML. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so I am also still messing around with this camera. I can control PTZ fine when I access the camera at the IP address of the unit and use the embedded software. However, the PTZ feature doesn't work via Blue Iris. If I select Huisun for the MAKE type, the only option under the MODEL dropdown is RTSP... no choice for OXML. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
The oxml has been replaced with onvif in the drop down

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I use Huisun/RTSP for make & model in the video/configure pane.

In the PTZ/control pane, use either OXML or Hikvision/abus/Swann in the 'network IP' picklist.
both work, but the latter may require enabling 'reverse left/right'...

tahoegeek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, folks. Still no go.. when I go through the camera discover process in BI, I notice an error. I wonder if that has something to do with this. Here is the log file:

Opening port 80...
HTTP request...
OK
HTTP 401
Requesting device information...
Bad response
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging
Has media services: /onvif/media
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/event
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 1
InputConnectors: 1
Has Device IO services: /onvif/DeviceIO
AudioOutputs: 1
Has PTZ service: /onvif/ptz
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

Here is the info from the 'Configuration' tab in the camera interface:

Model
Serial No.10D6605718B34A62C4
Program VersionV2.0.1 Build 201603031830S
Control Version MiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201603031541
Web Page Version1.1.1 Build 20160303
Plugin Version1.0.4.41
Number of Channels1
Disk Quantity0
Number of Alarm Input0
Number of Alarm Output0
CPU5%
Memory99/120

tahoegeek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do the s/w versions look like the current versions to you? Have you had any luck obtaining and updating f/w?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
yes, sw is from March this year and nothing wrong with it.

here are settings that work for me:
mini ptz video tab.PNGmini ptz control tab.PNGmini ptz presets.PNG

tahoegeek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow... that's the darnedest thing. Your settings and mine are the same. If PTZ didn't work at all, I'd assume it is the camera. However, since it does work when accessing the camera directly, it seems that it likely something I did wrong in BI. I'll keep tinkering. I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me with the screen grabs.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, let's go back and clarify what you mean by 'not working'.

when you've selected the ptz cam in the console,
does it NOT show the PTZ controls?
or does it show them greyed out (disabled)?
or does it appear to work but not actually move the cam?

a couple other things to check:

- make sure the user you log in to BI as has PTZ permissions: in BI options/users/<select user>/edit

- If BI is logging into the cam as a user other than 'admin', check that user's permissions in the cam UI.
i think it supports 'admin', 'observer', and 'user' settings. 'observer' may not allow ptz...

tahoegeek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are a genius! Problem fixed. It was the username/password issue. When I add a new camera to my system, I always start with editing the login credentials in the camera. I change the admin password and create an additional username - also with administrator privileges. Then I add the camera to BI. I have to say I've been curious how BI can access the camera with the default admin password that appears when a camera is added. Although each of the 13 cameras have new logins, I never bothered to update the BI user/password settings for any of my cameras since they seemed to be working fine in BI using the default settings. After updating the credentials in BI, I can now PTZ to my heart's content! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hmmm My Huisun PTZ defaulted to Generic as the make. In PTZ/Control I have Hikvision/Abus/Swann. Everything seems to work very well except at night with IR on and at 1X the focus isn't staying sharp. Any help on that would be helpful. Not to jack a thread, wanted to post what has been working on mine.

Update, I am presenty switching to the Huisun make which works too. I did have to reverse the PTZ up & down which I changed for Generic and maintained in Huisun also.

Last edited by a moderator:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
your BI settings (generic vs Huisun or ONVIF vs Hik/Abus/Swann) are not the cause of focus issues.

early mini-ptz's had some focus problems, but i think most of that was resolved by later firmware.
just be sure to load the proper firmware for your cam. uploading the wrong thing will brick it.

are you using auto-focus, semi-auto (re-focus on ptz) or manual?

tahoegeek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I haven't noticed the issue with my camera, but then I haven't used it very long. I'll keep an eye out for that, though.

viziers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey all, I novice here. I have a similar issue with getting the PTZ feature to work in BI. It works just fine on the web page.

I have made sure all admn settings were enabled in the Huisun page as well as in BI. I tried ONVIF as well as the HIK ptz in settings in BU as well as made sure ports were all lined up weather it was ports 554, 80, 443 and so on. the PTZ controls in BI are functional (not grayed out) but there is just no cam movement.

Anyone have any additional advice that I may have missed?

UPDATE: I got it to work but the brean auto selects to gereric in the Network IP Camera Config section? WHy is that?

Thanks,
vizi

tahoegeek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you point me to a good link where I can check to see and download the latest firmware version for the Huisun PTZ cameras?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score