Huisun Camera Order Delay or Cancelled

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you had an order delayed or cancelled? Please let everyone know about it here.

I placed an order on January 2, 2016 for what would be my third Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ camera from Ali Express. I paid by credit card. On Monday I got a message from Monica Wen asking for a 2 day extension. She said in her message that they had several big orders recently and needed to update all software and test cameras before delivery. I gave her the extension. Today I got another message asking for another extension. She said she can send me a camera on Monday. I've decided not give her another extension and I'll see if Ali cancels the order when the current extension expires. Since they appear to be in the process of introducing a new model, I figure it might be best to wait until the new model has been shipping a while before I order again. I'd rather not be the first to get a new camera and run into problems with new models as they have a tendency to have bugs that are later corrected in product updates.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds like Monica may become a victim of her own success. I have noticed that early reports were promising but later purchasers are reporting delays and poor quality control.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Monica is just point of contact for Aliexpres, I doubt she is in control of their entire operations. They have more folks at Alibaba that handle things for larger orders. Perhaps you are right they just can't meet the demand and quality control and shipping time frames are suffering as a result.

dalepa

Reaction score
I had the same problem, my order on Jan 3rd was canceled yesterady... Im ok with it since I would rather wait for the 2nd gen anyway...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Heck, I guess that means that 20 hours from now, my order will be cancelled as well. Oh well, it looked promising...

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Monica is just point of contact for Aliexpres, I doubt she is in control of their entire operations. They have more folks at Alibaba that handle things for larger orders. Perhaps you are right they just can't meet the demand and quality control and shipping time frames are suffering as a result.
I think these statements require clarification because people who have no choice but to use Aliexpress could be mislead.

Monica is just point of contact for Aliexpres, I doubt she is in control of their entire operations.
This statement is the equivalent to stating that one Ebay seller is a point of contact for Ebay. Monica is not a contact for Aliexpress (AE), "she" is a representative of an enterprise that has a “Store” on the Chinese online trading platform called Aliexpress. The store Monica represents (Shenzhen Huisun Technology Co., Ltd.), may or may not prove to be reliable but this in no way reflects on Aliexpress, they are just of many stores. I consider any AE store to be like pop-up stores, they may or may not become viable, but no great loss if business fails they just phoenix under a new name. Many retailers on AE have multiple stores and this makes it tough to know who you are truly dealing with.

They have more folks at Alibaba that handle things for larger orders.
This is not an accurate statement. Alibaba is the name of the parent company that has multiple subsidiaries, which include various portals for e-commerce, with the original portal named Alibaba.

Alibaba was established for business-to-business transactions, Aliexpress came much later and is for business to consumer transactions and then came Taobao for consumer-to-consumer transactions.

Perhaps you are right they just can't meet the demand and quality control and shipping time frames are suffering as a result.
The thing is that it is very difficult to work out how far removed any "Store" is from the manufacturer of the goods.

Logistics are cheap and efficient in China. Quite easy to claim that you are the manufacturer of product when in fact you could bulk purchase from the manufacturer and claim the product as your own.

All is fair in business in China. I don't think that a representative's name on a AE store means that you are dealing with one individual. It certainly provides a warm fuzzy feeling to Non-Chinese customers but at the end of the day it is just about the $$$.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I think these statements require clarification because people who have no choice but to use Aliexpress could be mislead.

This statement is the equivalent to stating that one Ebay seller is a point of contact for Ebay. Monica is not a contact for Aliexpress (AE), "she" is a representative of an enterprise that has a “Store” on the Chinese online trading platform called Aliexpress. The store Monica represents (Shenzhen Huisun Technology Co., Ltd.), may or may not prove to be reliable but this in no way reflects on Aliexpress, they are just of many stores. I consider any AE store to be like pop-up stores, they may or may not become viable, but no great loss if business fails they just phoenix under a new name. Many retailers on AE have multiple stores and this makes it tough to know who you are truly dealing with.

This is not an accurate statement. Alibaba is the name of the parent company that has multiple subsidiaries, which include various portals for e-commerce, with the original portal named Alibaba.

Alibaba was established for business-to-business transactions, Aliexpress came much later and is for business to consumer transactions and then came Taobao for consumer-to-consumer transactions.

The thing is that it is very difficult to work out how far removed any "Store" is from the manufacturer of the goods.

Logistics are cheap and efficient in China. Quite easy to claim that you are the manufacturer of product when in fact you could bulk purchase from the manufacturer and claim the product as your own.

All is fair in business in China. I don't think that a representative's name on a AE store means that you are dealing with one individual. It certainly provides a warm fuzzy feeling to Non-Chinese customers but at the end of the day it is just about the $$$.
Forgive me for omitting the word "storefront" from Aliexpress/Alibaba, I thought we are all adults here and discuss the one and only seller for Huisun.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Forgive me for omitting the word "storefront" from Aliexpress/Alibaba, I thought we are all adults here and discuss the one and only seller for Huisun.
Then why didn't you say so. :p

The sweeping generalisations in this sub-forum are astounding, almost fanatical. Please don't allow the facts to stand in the way of a good story.

Carry on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Then why didn't you say so. :p

The sweeping generalisations in this sub-forum are astounding, almost fanatical. Please don't allow the facts to stand in the way of a good story.

Carry on.
Sorry, but it was pretty obvious that klasipca was referring to Monica being the point of contact for that specific vendor. If anything is fanatical its your response to his post. He has done a great job reviewing this and other cams.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The literal, pedantic reading comprehension is astounding in the reply from ... Oops, pardon me.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Not everybody here even speaks English as a first language, let alone has a doctorate in English specializing in technical communications. Even those with fantastic communication skills and near-perfect knowledge of every aspect of the subject matter can sometimes tap things out quickly on their phone while finalizing their joint Nobel-and-Pulitzer acceptance speech and, gasp, make mistakes. Chillax with some Ex-Lax and the stress will fade away...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Careful, I sent uber a similar one and he went mental and edited all his previous posts!

I knew what you meant. Monica is the representative for Huisun on Aliexpress, the same was as klasipca is the representative for Huisun on ipcamtalk :toung:

Only kidding :cool:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I could be wrong in many things, but here I am just sharing and spreading the love for the best [night time] camera I could find. :) I may have been overly excited about discovering Huisun mini PTZ, after all this has been my first PTZ camera ever, but it didn't disappoint. (except issue with 2nd gen...) Also English isn't my first language, so I am not that good at writing essays on political situation in China.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@klasipca: I appreciate all your input on the cam and the vendor, both positive and negative. (and your english is better than a lot of my relative's english)...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well, the processing time came and went. AliExpress has canceled the order. Hopefully they refund my money promptly (their site says 7 to 10 days).

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@klasipca, you know I'm only joking :cool:

Everyone really appreciates your input and it is the best mini ptz camera you can buy... also the ugliest ptz camera you can buy and pretty much the only mini ptz camera you can buy...

Last edited by a moderator: