Huisun Camera Order Delay or Cancelled

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
also the ugliest ptz camera you can buy
...and that's a good thing, don't you think?

It's a security measure against thieves that prefer nicer things :)

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, the processing time came and went. AliExpress has canceled the order. Hopefully they refund my money promptly (their site says 7 to 10 days).
Sure doesn't take that long to accept our money!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
FWIW, I msg'd Monica telling her that while I was still interested in their product, I don't want to order until such time as their "processing time" meets the time frame that they list on their site and asked her to msg me back when they are able to meet that time frame.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey, this is the risk of paying with Aliexpress. But if the risk is that you pay and get a full refund, that is low risk!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hey, this is the risk of paying with Aliexpress. But if the risk is that you pay and get a full refund, that is low risk!
No doubt about it. If you're going to play ball with Chinese companies, you need to fully understand the risk/rewards factor. I'm not too worried with this one...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No doubt about it. If you're going to play ball with Chinese companies, you need to fully understand the risk/rewards factor. I'm not too worried with this one...
I heard that a chinese camera company went bust when the owner walked away with all the money last year. The supplier who told me luckily didn't get done but is now very cautious. Glad aliexpress is much safter than that.

Bit of a shout-out to gearbest for a refund. They didn't deliver my phone protector. Was a pain and took ages but in the end, they credited my $5 back. Does mean I need to buy from them again though, but hey ho.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I heard that a chinese camera company went bust when the owner walked away with all the money last year. The supplier who told me luckily didn't get done but is now very cautious. Glad aliexpress is much safter than that.

Bit of a shout-out to gearbest for a refund. They didn't deliver my phone protector. Was a pain and took ages but in the end, they credited my $5 back. Does mean I need to buy from them again though, but hey ho.
Gearbest my favorite after Aliexpress, btw here is a video what it looks inside:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you still want the order, you can extend the processing time by any amount you choose. It takes effect immediately, no other involvement but yourself.
I've done this a few times while a seller was awaiting a stock delivery.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you still want the order, you can extend the processing time by any amount you choose. It takes effect immediately, no other involvement but yourself.
I've done this a few times while a seller was awaiting a stock delivery.
Understood. But, when I see others getting the same message about extending the processing time (one extended an extension), it sort of raises a red flag for me. I'll take my refund and wait for a better time/deal...

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
The order that I placed back on January 2, 2016 for a Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ got cancelled today by Ali Express. I had extended the processing time already once at the request of Monica Wen. I like the 2 Huisun Mini PTZ cameras that I have. I have one in the front of the house and a second installed on our deck in the back of the house. I wanted a third one to replace a Hikvision camera in the front of the house. That would give me one on each side of our garage. I think I might go in a different direction and get a 20x PTZ for the back of the house and then move the Huisun from the back of the house to the front of the house.

Bigjebac

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So your telling me Monica doesn't own alliexpress!!!!! I was under the impression she owns all products sold on there, no wonder she never replied to my inquiry about a life size silicone girl modelled after her

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wonder if the problem is exacerbated from their impending holiday!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Seriously, (speculating) I think they found a QC problem with the cam and are attempting to fix it and catch up. I'm trying to get some concrete "processing time" information from Monica now. We'll see.

They have to realize, even in China, that a good reputation is built over time but can be lost very quickly...

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seriously, (speculating) I think they found a QC problem with the cam and are attempting to fix it and catch up. I'm trying to get some concrete "processing time" information from Monica now. We'll see.

They have to realize, even in China, that a good reputation is built over time but can be lost very quickly...
Hopefully you have better luck! Although she seems very friendly, (and seems to like using a lot of emoticons) she has not been very consistent with answering questions. I'm sure part of it is the language barrier. She was supposed to get back to me a day or two ago about availability. Have not heard from her. At this point, I will probably cancel my order and wait until they have resolved their issues.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am in China about 5 times a year and have been doing business there for well over a decade.

What you need to realise it is China and they don't give a shit.

If Monica goes down because they burn some people, they won't lose any sleep and will be back in business the next day via another entity they are probably already running.

The devotees of this product are recommending it to everyone for everything. Some of the Monicas probably have a pair of nuts.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am in China about 5 times a year and have been doing business there for well over a decade.

What you need to realise it is China and they don't give a shit.
I don't know how old you are (and not using age as a negative), but I can remember when we used to say the same thing about Japan. Not "giving a shit" only works for so long, and then they have to adapt or die (collectively).

If Monica goes down because they burn some people, they won't lose any sleep and will be back in business the next day via another entity they are probably already running.

The devotees of this product are recommending it to everyone for everything. Some of the Monicas probably have a pair of nuts.
I completely understand, and I only use the name, "Monica", as that is the front name that is used for their site. Owning numerous brands/models of cams, I'm not a "devotee" of any. I just like the features of this one at the price point that they've put it out. Once (if) I get one, I'll post my observations about it, whether positive or negative...

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know how old you are (and not using age as a negative), but I can remember when we used to say the same thing about Japan. Not "giving a shit" only works for so long, and then they have to adapt or die (collectively).
Yes people in the west held similar views about the inferiority of Japanese products for many reasons. However, justified or not Japan had to please the west as it did not a population that could absorb all of it's domestic products. China is nothing like post war Japan. China is exploding domestically, with arguably the largest affluently mobile population (domestic market) in the world. It is impossible to piss off all your potential customers in a market like that.

Aliexpress just exists to overcharge stupid westerners for products that are available much more cheaply in China. The Aliexpress traders main strength and high margins come from tolerating westerners, their language and customs.

I completely understand, and I only use the name, "Monica", as that is the front name that is used for their site. Owning numerous brands/models of cams, I'm not a "devotee" of any. I just like the features of this one at the price point that they've put it out. Once (if) I get one, I'll post my observations about it, whether positive or negative...
Any of the Monicas may have testicles but that is only to allow western customers to feel comfortable.

Some posts hear state things like I don't know when Monica gets to sleep. It reads as if these people really believe there is some young Chinese beauty ready to satisfy their urges for untested products. These people then post about their fantastic relationship with a fantasy business rep.

Who knows if these cameras are going to stand the test of time. I hope they do because it is only good business. If Huisun does not live up to the hype and they all start crapping out some time the track, my money is on the fantasy girl shutting up shop and starting again calling herself something more Chinese, like Cherry.

BTW Englisg is not my first or second language either but thanks for the compliments. You have been warned.