Huisun PTZ bullet cameras still made/sold?

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I purchased a Huisun 10x PTZ bullet camera (IPCX-SCB405IP-V10P) a couple of years ago and really like it. I wanted to get another but cannot find them anywhere. Does anyone know if they still exist, in particular, this specific model?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased a Huisun 10x PTZ bullet camera (IPCX-SCB405IP-V10P) a couple of years ago and really like it. I wanted to get another but cannot find them anywhere. Does anyone know if they still exist, in particular, this specific model?
They are garbage with a high failure rate, the sellers have likely moved on to another product after the left users holding the bag.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hrm. Guess I got a good one out of the batch, been working flawless for 2+ years now :)
Thanks

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a couple of the original Huisun V2's still running strong for LPR duty on their own internal PoE after 2+ yrs in California weather.

If you care to take a chance, the same cam (or very similar) is available on AliExpress.
I just installed a new 2MP from here and it seems the same as Huisun V2's from a couple years back:
US $103.5 25% OFF|2018 YUNCH 1080P 10X 4X Waterproof zoom cctv camera with POE IP Bullet PTZ Camera Onvif 1080P MINI PTZ IP Surveillance Camera -in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
and a buddy is very happy with the 4MP version from here:
US $159.2 20% OFF|4MP (2560*1440) 3MP Mini PTZ IP Camera outdoor PoE 10X optical zoom IR 80M SD Card slot onvif P2P Network cctv security Camera-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
He claims the low-light sensitivity is better on the newer 4mp than the original 2MP,
but I have yet to compare them in person myself. (i have one coming, will post comparo when I can)

Nor can I speak to the reliability or durability of these later versions...

YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a couple of the original Huisun V2's still running strong for LPR duty on their own internal PoE after 2+ yrs in California weather.

If you care to take a chance, the same cam (or very similar) is available on AliExpress.
I just installed a new 2MP from here and it seems the same as Huisun V2's from a couple years back:
US $103.5 25% OFF|2018 YUNCH 1080P 10X 4X Waterproof zoom cctv camera with POE IP Bullet PTZ Camera Onvif 1080P MINI PTZ IP Surveillance Camera -in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
and a buddy is very happy with the 4MP version from here:
US $159.2 20% OFF|4MP (2560*1440) 3MP Mini PTZ IP Camera outdoor PoE 10X optical zoom IR 80M SD Card slot onvif P2P Network cctv security Camera-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
He claims the low-light sensitivity is better on the newer 4mp than the original 2MP,
but I have yet to compare them in person myself. (i have one coming, will post comparo when I can)

Nor can I speak to the reliability or durability of these later versions...

YMMV
Those links don't seem to work, can you try again? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
These cameras are crap and should be avoided like the plague. Tons of failures.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thei were loads of failures with these cameras and not really worth your money.

Hikvision ptz are now down loads in price and worth that little bit more.

wilhelmus

n3wb
Reaction score
ikk ben op zoek naar configuratie software voor de huisun mini bullit camera voor win 10 waar ik het ip en cameratype en opnametijd kan configureren
wie heeft hier een oplossing voor

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Seem to be Onvif compliant to some extent, as my Huisin V2 PTZ's are manageable using ODM (Onvif Device Manager.)

huisun_ODM.PNG

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have 4 of them if anyone is interested. One of them has a PTZ problem and needs to be taken apart and adjusted.