Huisun Shipping Strategies

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wonder if they have one person making these cams... It's not like they have been swamped with 1000s orders.
You are probably right. They may only have one or two people building these cams. I thought I saw a picture of their company employee's somewhere and there weren't very many. Maybe a small company just getting started, although I think they've been around since 2014.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine arrived DHL today ordered 11/15 from Monica.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wonder if they have one person making these cams... It's not like they have been swamped with 1000s orders.
Could be many different reasons, but it's difficult to say because I don't really understand who/where this "Monica" works...I can't quite understand if she works at the real Huisun manufacturing company or if she is simply a reseller of the Huisun brand or if she has a company that makes "knock off" Huisun cameras.

What I understand to be the manufacturers website lists no "Monica" as a contact person. It says they started in 2013 and have 2 headquarters. One in Tianjin, China with the contact person being Melody Wang...The other in Shenzhen, China with the contact person being Lucy Zhai.....Alibaba profile says they employ between 11 and 50 people with a total annual sales volume of $2.5 to $5 Million dollars. Also says they produced 100,000 units in the previous year.

Someone that knows what they are doing could easily screw the parts of a PTZ cam together in 10 minutes....but if this really is the legit Huisun manufacturing plant and they're producing 100,000 cameras a year on other distribution lines outside of Aliexpress, then I could understand the production delay...Could also understand the production delay if it's a "knock off" company with one or two people putting generic parts together with similar specs to Huisun brand cameras.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Since this new Huisun sub thread was opened more and more negative information has been coming out since the original - "this is the best 2015 camera" review was published by a single user... Now, numerous early adopters jumped on that users bandwagon and have ridden it into the sunset. Which, there is nothing wrong with that - you need early adopters so others know exactly what to expect or so the manufacture can improve early mistakes. Also for the image quality some of the reviews show the $150 price is a bargain if it lasts more then a year. However, more and more "issues" are starting to show in the forum. More and more "shipping problems" as well as several "technical issues" are popping up. There seems to be a lot of deception occurring on the part of the seller in order to buy additional time. As @wxman points out numerous valid points - this entire thing just seems a bit off, but hey, what do you expect from AE...

My guess is your dealing more with a reseller then a manufacture at this point, if not a rented factory space with small staff using "huisun parts" and branding the camera "huisun"... Regardless I think anyone moving forward just needs to realize this is a gamble and should have lower hopes then the original poster - go into this with low expectations so that you are overly thrilled if everything works out.

My "Glass is half empty" thought of the day. Now back to providing actual helpful and positive answers to other threads.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Could be many different reasons, but it's difficult to say because I don't really understand who/where this "Monica" works...I can't quite understand if she works at the real Huisun manufacturing company or if she is simply a reseller of the Huisun brand or if she has a company that makes "knock off" Huisun cameras.

What I understand to be the manufacturers website lists no "Monica" as a contact person. It says they started in 2013 and have 2 headquarters. One in Tianjin, China with the contact person being Melody Wang...The other in Shenzhen, China with the contact person being Lucy Zhai.....Alibaba profile says they employ between 11 and 50 people with a total annual sales volume of $2.5 to $5 Million dollars. Also says they produced 100,000 units in the previous year.

Someone that knows what they are doing could easily screw the parts of a PTZ cam together in 10 minutes....but if this really is the legit Huisun manufacturing plant and they're producing 100,000 cameras a year on other distribution lines outside of Aliexpress, then I could understand the production delay...Could also understand the production delay if it's a "knock off" company with one or two people putting generic parts together with similar specs to Huisun brand cameras.
I don't think they Huisun in general makes cams, they probably order from one supplier and slap their own firmware on these cams (or maybe it's a generic firmware). This cam doesn't have any branding and sold by many different sellers at AE at a higher price:

($170 shipped)
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-SunVision-New-model-2-0MP-10X-Waterproof-CCTV-Camera-Night-Vision-IP-Bullet-PTZ-P2P/32526119508.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.37.rRyzr0&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7_79_78_77_80_61,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_10

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cAwwdfwg

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Professional-Bullet-PTZ-Camera-POE-2-0MP-10X-IP66-Waterproof-1080P-Special-Use-For-Observing-livestock/32512020148.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.109.lTQUlb&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7_79_78_77_80_61,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_10

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/w2v0wsY

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cS8dlMYY

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cSgRgIUg

Last edited by a moderator:

dalepa

Reaction score
After spending a week with my 1st Huisun 10x, I just placed another order via DHL, so the clock is ticking.

Other than having to switch to POE+ due to intermittent power dropouts while panning, this $160 cam has been a bargain. I have been waiting for a 10x PTZ in this price range and form factor since my 1st camera 3 years ago. The Huisun 10x, while unproven, sure meets my expectations.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Well, knowing that cheaper 2nd gen is coming I would wait a bit. Monica keeps promising to provide more info, but nothing yet. Perhaps someone else can try to interrogate her? :)

My Hikvision NVR POE doesn't have power issues with 3 of those cams, so I doubt you need POE+.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine is working fine with a standard PoE switch also. I was testing it early this morning when the outside temperature was 9F (-13C). Did a lot of PTZ with the camera and didn't have any problems. Focus looks good too.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Monica reply:
"[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]this month there are several big order,so there not are in stock.we are trying my best to produce camera.[/FONT][FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Thank you for your support"[/FONT]

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Either the 1st, 2nd, 4th or 5th in the first row. She's definitely not the one in the center. :D

Hopefully that snapshot wasn't taken with one of their IP cameras. Not very sharp at all.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The last two Huisun's I ordered on the 9th are in San Francisco as of the 28th. They should be here this week. It's taking about 3 times as long as it did with the first order which was shipped by DHL.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The last two Huisun's I ordered on the 9th are in San Francisco as of the 28th. They should be here this week. It's taking about 3 times as long as it did with the first order which was shipped by DHL.
While shopping at Aliexpress in the past 5 years, with 100s of orders I learned to be patient :) Although, Amazon prime does spoil you with their fast delivery, especially when they offer free same day delivery on some items.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The pictures above shows the adults working at the factory... next two pictures (not shown) of many children working 12 hrs a day making the cameras cheap for us.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
While shopping at Aliexpress in the past 5 years, with 100s of orders I learned to be patient :) Although, Amazon prime does spoil you with their fast delivery, especially when they offer free same day delivery on some items.
Yeah, three or four weeks isn't too bad considering I had to wait 10 to 12 weeks for a camera I ordered from Ali a couple years ago.

We sure do get spoiled with Amazon Prime. I'm always looking for something to order from them. Love that one and two day shipping. I've never had anything delivered on the same day ordered though. :)

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Had both same day order and 1 day order from Amazon. I ordered a hard disk before I went to bed, while I was in bed. It was by my door when I woke up! How crazy is that? And that wasn't even the same day order. A lot of hardworking people behind the scene to make it happen.