Human / Face detection

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This may or may not help. But try contrast at 50 and brightness at 42. Daytime set gain to 30.
thanks for suggestion but no joy

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah try moving the fixed cam a bit or try a different location.

I wonder if the seal to protect the lens from extraneous light got moved during transit or maybe if you put an SD card in?

It is just a rubber gasket to prevent IR from bleeding across the lens or any little lights in the PTZ from bleeding in.

Post a video or image showing what you are experiencing.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, photo 1 is from the sun. It happens to both PTZ's. When its from the sun during the day its not that big of a deal, it dosent last long, but it sucks at night as its pretty much constantly there depending on where its pointed (from street light, landscape lights, house lights, etc). Between the reflection coming/going and the resulting exposure changes, It makes like a strobe effect on the footage when the camera pans, that gets even more amplified if there is any wind moving plants in front of lights. Since its an internal reflection, not much to be done right? Kind of seems like a design flaw honestly.

The fog in photo 2 is all the time day or night, rain, shine, etc. WDR and SSA off. Daytime exposure set to auto, no compensation. Contrast bumped from default of 50 to 57. I can turn the defog on, or bump the contrast up, but by the time the haze goes away camera isnt usable.

It does look like the camera is trying to do somthing with the dynamic range - but its there at dusk/dawn/night too when the light is flat. I think the camera might just be faulty.

On the fixed cam haze, I wonder if "Auto" exposure is allowing the camera to do stuff (obviously) to try and compensate for light conditions. I'd try setting a manual exposure value, (I do on most all of my cams even for daytime) of something like 0-3 or 0-4 and see if taking it off AUTO helps?

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
its exactly this, the reflection of the camera lens from the protective lens/cover. Both of my PTZ's do this. Like I was saying when its from the sun its not too big of a deal it lasts for about 1/2 hour each day. But at night its bad, because there are several sources of light pointed at the PTZ. So whenever the camera pans, and crosses a light, this reflection presents.

As far as I can tell there is no gasket like your talking about. Do you see the gasket you are talking about? I see what looks like a very short lens hood. I would imagine if there was a gasket between that lenshood and the protective lens that it would probably reduce the reflections.

2023-12-18 16_09_46-.jpg

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the fixed cam haze, I wonder if "Auto" exposure is allowing the camera to do stuff (obviously) to try and compensate for light conditions. I'd try setting a manual exposure value, (I do on most all of my cams even for daytime) of something like 0-3 or 0-4 and see if taking it off AUTO helps?
unfortunatly no difference on manual mode.
2023-12-18 16_16_08-.jpg

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
for reference, this is the same model camera facing the other direction. that white wall is the same white wall. this camera is never hazy.
2023-12-18 16_25_08-537 UI3.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeahbut a lot more sun reflection on the other scene. I wonder if it will clear up in April/May or so? ;)

PIA but swapping them would tell the tale

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Different angle, different exposure.

The problematic camera still has a big ole white reflector on it top left on the part of the house that comes out. Look how washed out that is - and that then impacts the image. That is no different than the IR bounce we see, except it is the sun on a bright white wall.

1702935190943.png

The spot in red is the foam gasket. I will have to look at mine but yours looks pushed back.

1702935155425.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Also forgot to mention on the PTZ, I set a time task for Nov/Dec that from 3:30pm to 5pm each day it makes its home Preset #2, a different home than its normal Preset #1

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just checked my other PTZ and both look the same.

I repositioned the haze camera so there is no white wall. There is now zero sun in the frame. The light is completly flat. Haze still there. I know if I moved the other camera to this position there would be no haze one it. There must be something wrong with the camera.

2023-12-18 17_06_16-.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe some moisture on the inside of the plexiglass? Have had some of that recently with a buddy’s 5231-Z12 with the dramatic temp/humidity changes we’ve had….

That white area is moisture
IMG_3726.jpeg

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thats what I assumed to start with. Checked that and cleaned the lens this morning. But I just went out there, really scrubbed the lens, and it seems to have fixed the haze. So it must have been really really dirty this morning. Sorry to bug yall with that jeez.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so everything has been going smoothly, the cpu usage issue resolved with swaping out hard drives in cpu. the issue i'm having now is.....blue iris filled up the NAS drive and its not deleting the files on the NAS. It is set to delete in blue iris but for some reason its not deleting. I'm thinking its a rights issue. Its actually a little weird because. There isnt credentials to be stored in blue iris for the NAS. So I assume blue iris is inheriting the admin rights I used to access the NAS via file explorer.

that has also caused the new to not record either? I guess it makes sense if the new is set to a drive in the cpu blue iris is on. Maybe since it cant move the files to the stored NAS, and is set to move not delete when it fills up it just sits stuck?

Also - I view the stream over the web UI at my desk. There is no idication that the drives are full or there is a problem. it says disk is 23% full? now I know there is a problem, I went into the UI and looked at the logs, but there must be some other way to notify?

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LOL pretty sure it was the recycle bin on the NAS drive. I set a schedule for it to delete the recycle bin hourly, hopefully that solves the issue.