Human / Face detection

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When adding a cam, you should enter the user/pass in BI BEFORE you use find/inspect.
If you don't enter the user/pass first then BI can not connect to the cam and properly probe it for capability's.

SouthernYankee BI Allocation

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you try the ethernet driver? Change to brand to generic or vice versa whichever you are using.

If it still crashes then try the same with the video driver.

If it still crashes, then go in to BI and revert back to a stable version - maybe being a NOOB you are on essentially a beta version that is conflicting with something in your system.
I am almost certain i chose the most recent stable option when I installed, but I will try to check if I can be fast enough before it crashes.

Im a little lost on the ethernet driver though - your saying find/use an ethernet driver for the hard drive and/or/both the graphics card?

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When adding a cam, you should enter the user/pass in BI BEFORE you use find/inspect.
If you don't enter the user/pass first then BI can not connect to the cam and properly probe it for capability's.

SouthernYankee BI Allocation
OK shoot, well maybe I did that on the three cameras that it was able to find the substream on. I bet thats what happened. So is it worth deleting all the cameras and adding them back? I actually cant get Blue Iris to stay open long enough to do anything at the moment.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so i was able to quickly switch the database to be on the same drive as the new and alerts. it crashed, but next time I opened it found the clips and it stayed up.

i am using version 5.8.2.0 x64 (12/12/2023). I for sure chose the latest stable version on instal. But would that be a version that came out the day I installed it?

I did notice all the cameras are kicking an events: subscription 8000ffff error which I am sure is something I forgot to tick when I added the cameras but that shouldnt be crashing BI right?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The day of versions would be beta. When you go into the BI main page on the console, it shows if you want to update to current version or last stable version (screen looks a little different based on version, but something like that)

That events: subscription error isn't really an error and wouldn't be causing this - we can fix that later.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well making the database be on the same drive as the new/alert clips seems to have fixed the crashing issue. the event subscription errors also stopped on their own.

i know the screen you are talking about, but i've restarted blue iris probably 150 times today and am not getting that screen.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think there is something wrong with your SSD.

Yeah the subscription error usually stops on its own.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
maybe, but the OS / BI is on the SSD and opperating fine now that I have both the alerts/new and database on same drive.

so maybe its something with the update...or...I was thinking maybe in jerking the location of these back/forth it was looking for files it couldnt find - looking to the ssd when they were moved to the hhd and vise versa.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i restarted BI this morning and got the version screen pop up this time, so I was able to revert back to latest stable version.

Everything seems to be stable, it was up overnight, hasnt crashed since I moved the database onto the same drive as alerts/new. it was immediate, so either

1) there is something wrong with my ssd
2) that beta version wants everything on same drive
3) i created confusion for BI by changing the location of the db/new/alert a few times

I think number three is most plausable. There might be some procedure for changing the location of these that didnt follow.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The alerts were not working, so I also deleted, and added back all the cameras by putting in the password BEFORE find/inspect - confirmed that it found all the right substreams. That made the alerts start working .

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well. I went to rename the cameras - and renaming a camera causes BI to crash. It comes back and new cam name sticks, and everything seems OK. Is that a known issue?

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
actually, renaming 2 of the 15 cameras caused it to crash. 13 were AOK, but two camera renames caused a crash.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are trying everything possible to crash it LOL :lmao:

While in theory changing names shouldn't be an issue, I simply delete the camera, make sure it is gone in the registry, then add new.

Every time you make changes like that, little bread crumbs are left in the registry that can sit idle for years and one day show up and cause issues....or in your case immediately :lmao:

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While you are in there, turn off auto-updates and ONLY update when BI adds a feature you want or need!

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
things are acting a little funky. froze ptz, etc. BI reporting this on the hdd:

2023-12-14 17_20_59-Blue Iris.png

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
but i guess it levels out and says this, so all good?
2023-12-14 18_05_32-Blue Iris.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is either a fluky thing or it is showing that the drive isn't going to be capable as it fills and gets closer to the capacity of the drive.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I allocated 25% less than drives capacity so it shouldnt get close to full. Ill keep an eye on it.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so I guess when I deleted the cameras and added them back the right way, by putting the username/password in before find/inspect to find the camera - doing that caused my CPU usage to go back up - its now around 50%.

I checked all the substream settings on the cameras, and they are all similar to this:

1702656804109.png

substreams are on (not sure why its not picking up cam4 sub, but:
2023-12-15 11_24_01-Blue Iris.png

i am also getting the yellow triangle in all cameras next to red record circle, but nothing in log.

i am also having frozen cameras when I go to view the cameras in the web version of BI and in the mobile app. when i open one of the froze cameras in only that camera view, it cuts me out (but bi stays open). The cameras are not frozen in BI. But I see this error in log live.sem stuck:
2023-12-15 11_26_33-Blue Iris Status.png