I bricked my DS-2CD3142! lol

Kidney514

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so after reading everything here I really thought I had it figure out, but apparently not...
I bricked my cam completely.....
It powers up, IR led light up, seem like there networks activity but can out of 1200 pings only got about 20 random success.

I just can see it on my network, so did I succeed in bricking it for good?

Kidney514

n3wb
Reaction score
One would think that you could put a boot code a flash card and save it, after all there is a flash card slot!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I bricked my cam completely.....
What exactly did you do to it?
out of 1200 pings only got about 20 random success.
If you are getting 2-3 pings right after power on, then nothing for maybe 20 seconds, then 2-3 again, repeating, it's in a boot loop.
They are rarely bricked for good - usually just needs the right firmware applied.
And there may be a need to access the bootloader, via the serial console connector on the camera board.
What firmware did it have initially, and what did you apply (including the site downloaded from)?

Kidney514

n3wb
Reaction score
What exactly did you do to it?
I uploaded IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.4.0_160603 with the chinese flag via the web interface..... and then radio silence!
It was downloaded from hikvision uk site i think.

If you are getting 2-3 pings right after power on, then nothing for maybe 20 seconds, then 2-3 again, repeating, it's in a boot loop.
They are rarely bricked for good - usually just needs the right firmware applied.
And there may be a need to access the bootloader, via the serial console connector on the camera board.
What firmware did it have initially, and what did you apply (including the site downloaded from)?
No it's not that clear it's way more random than that! it's honestly looks like it's booted, i see the network activity led blinking like there is traffic, led light up when it's dark. It has the appearence to be running but can't see it in any network!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I uploaded IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.4.0_160603 with the chinese flag via the web interface
If this was using Hiktools to change the Language flag - this will not work on that 5.4.0 firmware as the firmware header is encapsulated in a newer, incompatible way, it will just corrupt the firmware.

Here is another version of R6 firmware - what I don't know though is if it's been tweaked to run on a CN camera.
Maybe @montecrypto would comment, or provide a more useful suggestion.

*edit*
Ooops - forgot the link : [MCR] R6 EN camera firmware 5.4.3 repack +SSH -PSH

Last edited: