I broke my DS-2CD2232?

VRC

n3wb
Reaction score
Happy new year everyone!
So I figured I'd try to upgrade an old grey market cameras I had because of the vulnerabilities, and tried the
DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced instructions from the video.

The camera was working normally when I started so maybe I tried a brick fix for a working camera.
First the TFTP server wouldn't start because it said couldn't find tftprc_cn.dll, well I had tftp_en.dll as in instructions, so I renamed it and it opened right up. Then I couldn't get the camera to show up in TFTP until I set it to default settings, where it connected and started immediately upon it's own reboot. But then just got stuck at transferring digicap.dav for a half hour or so, so finally closed and rebooted cam to try again. Now can't get it connect of course. Shows up in SADP as attached photo. IR's are continuously lit. Tried SSH but says connection refused. Can anyone steer me to saving this?

Also if these cameras are behind Blue Iris on networks, how vulnerable are they? Is it only cameras directly port forwarded to the internet that were affected, or through Hik NVR's?

Thanks for any helpCapture.JPG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There are many threads discussing how to recover..
If the cameras are not port forwarded and upnp is turned off, there is no risk with respect to the hacks..they all required access to the camera.

VRC

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I guess I was looking for a 'where do I go from here' , what should I try next since the tftp isn't picking it up (tried both subnets), and if someone saw the state the camera is in, not responding to any changes with SADP but reporting that info, what would be the next best step. Thanks again.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera was working normally when I started so maybe I tried a brick fix for a working camera.
That's OK, won't cause any problems doing the brickfix on a working camera.
But then just got stuck at transferring digicap.dav for a half hour or so,
So it didn't get to 'file transferred'? Or it did get to transferred but didn't show 'system update completed'?
Shows up in SADP as attached photo.
It's in the 'min-system recovery mode' as indicated by the 4.0.8 firmware version.
But, unusually, it's showing the default IP address of 192.168.1.64 instead of 192.0.0.64
This might be because the bootloader environment variables have been changed from the default.

The 'brickfixV2' version of the recovery mode has telnet and tftp available, that's how the process operates.

A suggestion to try:
Set the PC IP address to an address in the 192.168.1.x range if it's not already using one, such as 192.168.1.128
Using PuTTY or other telnet client, try a telnet access to 192.168.1.64 with admin/12345 logon.
If you do connect, try this command to see what results:
ls -al /dev/fix*

*edit* Oops - typo:
ls -al /dav/fix*

Last edited: