I can not access to Sricam SP009 via Internet

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello
I have Sricam SP009, and I want to use it with any other android software. (I do not want use "sricam" application) So I try "ipcameraviewer" and "onvifer" with success... but only inside my local wifi area. Obviously, there is forwarding problem inside my router. So I forward following ports: 554 80 81 5000 5555.... because I found these ports in others emails on this forum. Without sucess. Inside wifi - everything works perfectly, outside my local network - no screen (android). BUT from outside network VLC rtsp:/xxxxxxxxx:554/onvif1 WORKS!(PC) This sentence (rtps://xx) copied(from PC) and paste to ipcamviewer on android - not working.
Could you please help me, and give me any suggestion how resolve my problem? Should I forward more ports, or use another Android program?
Best regards
Tomasz

Reaction score
I am working on the same Problem but with a SP088
It seems wew must start a server or better said join a server. But as this is all new to me and i am NOT an ip freak
i am finding it hard.
Like you my IP Cam works well on Smartphone, Tablet and PC.
Bit logging in from far away not yet pos for me.

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you check, how camera works, form far away, but using VLC, not a smartphone? (vlc. network stream, rtsp://[ip addres:port]/onvif1)

Reaction score
@Tomasz72
Sorry that i did not check, Using the VLC is not intresting for me.
But if you are telling me that it works i can try it.
More intresting for me is that it works on Smartphone and Tablet. Because i always have a login over Wifi on Holiday.
But as i stated as yet only working ( by me ) in and around the home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks a lot for tip. I install onvif client for android. Programm find my all of my cameras. But from outside of my local network, my sircam is ONLINE, programm can give me device information about sircam camera, but NO camera image... (no realtime video). Reason: Connect failed
So... still not working

Reaction score
Hello Tomasz72
Did you click on the top left hand corner ? There is a popup window and you can start the Camera.
Its not easy to find this but its there. You can also Right mouse click on several parts of the running app and you get more popups.
Hope this helps. As for me i have the SP008 and it works realy well. I also have ( active-x and VLC ) installed, maybe it needs it.

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On Personal Computer VLC rtsp:/xxx...... works, from inside and from outside my local network. but on ANDROID smatphone - only inside local network. I have 3 cameras, but only one Sircam. 2 works - one - sircam not. even if path is rtsp://[extaernal IP]:[forwarded port]/onvif1 - works from inside (wifi), but if I disconnecting wifi and starting gsm data transfer - there is no camera image.

Bubbah

n3wb
Reaction score
I've received this SP009 recently to publish a review. With just forwaring the port 554 and 5000, I can get the stream in VLC outside my network.
However I had to use the lower resolution rtsp:<ddns url>:554/onvif2
Same URL works in IP Camera viewer with "Generic URL" as Make and "Generic RTSP over UDP" for Model.

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've received this SP009 recently to publish a review. .
so please do the test. Can you get camera image via GSM network using IpCamView? ( or other program from android market (google play store))

Bubbah

n3wb
Reaction score
so please do the test. Can you get camera image via GSM network using IpCamView? ( or other program from android market (google play store))
That's what I did when I posted the instructions for Ip Cam Viewer 6.0.4.
Here's the picture of another test just this evening from outside my network:
ipcv604.png

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
could you please take screenshot of your settings inside Ip Cam viewer?
regards

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
with http.... I get error: camera/feed not avaliable, even inside local area network....

Bubbah

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, my mistake, the prefix must always be rtsp://, I don't know why mine changed to http before the screenshot, maybe I've been expanding the Model field just before by accident.
There's not http server on this camera, so only rtsp works (Mode: "Generic RTSP over UDP").
also, make sure that you gave a fixed IP address to camera in your DHCP router table and the port forwarding point to that.

Last edited by a moderator:

exporter56

n3wb
Reaction score
Bubbah, thank you 100 times, could not get my sp009 working with ipcamera viewer! I tried the rtsp .... Onvif2 and it works first time. I could never have worked this out in weeks ... So happy thanks again

Reaction score
... but only inside my local wifi area. ..
Best regards
Tomasz
Oddly I've struck the reverse problem - the (iOS) app will happily connect to the SP009 camera from outside my home network, but not when connected to the local wifi inside my (10.1.1.*) network. Infuriating!