I Frame Interval value won't update

tonyp72

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had my Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS for a few days and have had quite a bit of trouble trying to fine tune it.

The only way I can get access to the advanced image options is through setting the NVR to virtual host and accessing the camera through :65001, which isn't an issue now I know how!......the problem I have is when I change the I frame Interval value it almost immediately returns to 50 even though it says the save was successful. Other options that I change like resolution stay changed, I've tried changing it through IVMS4200 and that also has no effect.
What am I doing wrong?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try accessing the camera through the cameras web interface using IE. I have found using chrome sometimes gives problems with getting settings to stick.

phoenixone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem as tonyp72. Iframe keeps reverting back to 50. I tried changing it using IE and same thing happens....reverts back to 50.

tonyp72

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried Safari, Chrome and IE but all revert straight back to 50 when I log out then back in again.

phoenixone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Bumping with hopes someone has some ideas on how to fix this.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just to make sure we are on the same page, you are accessing the camera through IE on the cameras IP address and not trying to configure it through the NVR, right? I would guess that the camera settings for something like I-Frame are coming from the camera and setting the NVR based on the camera. You would have to change the setting directly at the camera first?

phoenixone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes. Used IE, Chrome and FF through the cameras...not through the NVR.

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had my Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS for a few days and have had quite a bit of trouble trying to fine tune it.

The only way I can get access to the advanced image options is through setting the NVR to virtual host and accessing the camera through :65001, which isn't an issue now I know how!......the problem I have is when I change the I frame Interval value it almost immediately returns to 50 even though it says the save was successful. Other options that I change like resolution stay changed, I've tried changing it through IVMS4200 and that also has no effect.
What am I doing wrong?
I am not sure what you are saying here, You should be able to open IE and type in the IP Address of the camera and it should bring up the camera settings page. The default port for the camera is port 80 so you don't need to include the port# after the IP address but if you changed the port# you would need to include that at the end of the IP address when trying to access the cameras web page for example in IE you would type 192.168.1.150ColonKeyPort# replace the IP I used here with your own IP. Sorry about the mess with my example above but every time I pressed the colon key on my keyboard it replaced it with a smiley. I just tested this in IE 11 and I even rebooted the camera and my setting saved so I don't no whats going on for you. What version of firmware is on the camera? I am on v5.3.0 Build 150513. One more thing make sure your using the admin account when you login to the camera & not a user account you created.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Whilst not actually stated, the implication is that the cameras are connected to PoE ports on the NVR, so are only accessible by using the 'Virtual Host' facility (hence the NAT port) or some fiddly workaround.
By default they are not directly accessible as the PoE ports are on an isolated network segment internal to the NVR.

Mel42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After changing the I frame value reboot the camera and the setting should stick

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After changing the I frame value reboot the camera and the setting should stick
No disrespect but you should not have to reboot the camera in order for most setting to stick, my settings stick regardless of reboot, I only rebooted as a test to make sure the I-Frame setting stuck & it did.

tonyp72

n3wb
Reaction score
Whilst not actually stated, the implication is that the cameras are connected to PoE ports on the NVR, so are only accessible by using the 'Virtual Host' facility (hence the NAT port) or some fiddly workaround.
By default they are not directly accessible as the PoE ports are on an isolated network segment internal to the NVR.
That's correct, the camera is connected to the NVR via the built in PoE ports, no access to the camera's ip address directly.

I did eventually find a workaround which was to connect directly to the NVR with my laptop via the PoE port and changing the value that way. It's just strange that some settings stick but not others using the web interface.

Last edited by a moderator:

tonyp72

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not sure what you are saying here, You should be able to open IE and type in the IP Address of the camera and it should bring up the camera settings page. The default port for the camera is port 80 so you don't need to include the port# after the IP address but if you changed the port# you would need to include that at the end of the IP address when trying to access the cameras web page for example in IE you would type 192.168.1.150ColonKeyPort# replace the IP I used here with your own IP. Sorry about the mess with my example above but every time I pressed the colon key on my keyboard it replaced it with a smiley. I just tested this in IE 11 and I even rebooted the camera and my setting saved so I don't no whats going on for you. What version of firmware is on the camera? I am on v5.3.0 Build 150513. One more thing make sure your using the admin account when you login to the camera & not a user account you created.
I don't have access to the camera's ip as i'm using an NVR with built in PoE ports. I have since found a (somewhat messy) workaround but it would have been much easier to be able to change via the web interface.

Mel42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No disrespect but you should not have to reboot the camera in order for most setting to stick, my settings stick regardless of reboot, I only rebooted as a test to make sure the I-Frame setting stuck & it did.
From my experience certain setting on the camera are overwritten by the NVR, for my NVR (7816 non-POE) when I change some settings on the cam through the web interface they will change back to the value in the NVR.
If changed in the NVR it will change on the cam and stick. For me I-Frame is not an option in the NVR menu so it must be changed on the cam and upon reboot the NVR recognizes the change and it sticks.
This probably depends on the type of NVR, cam and firmware.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have since found a (somewhat messy) workaround but it would have been much easier to be able to change via the web interface.
If you are a bit network-savvy and feeling adventurous - you could have a go at this: It works just fine for me. Just watch the caveats.
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/1604-Hikvision-POE-LAN-segment-access-to-cameras-without-virtual-host-or-extra-wiring?highlight=ipv4