I have the Loryta IPC-B54IR-ZE and having noise issues at night

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The faster the shutter, the more light is needed.

The slower the shutter, the less light is needed, but more chance for motion blur.

That is why the camera went into B/W because it believed for the shutter speed and available light that there wasn't enough for color.

So if you can live with some blur, slow the shutter down. Try 1/60

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The faster the shutter, the more light is needed.

The slower the shutter, the less light is needed, but more chance for motion blur.

That is why the camera went into B/W because it believed for the shutter speed and available light that there wasn't enough for color.

So if you can live with some blur, slow the shutter down. Try 1/60
It seems crazy that I have to do anything. Two weeks ago I didn't have issues with noise. The only thing that has changed is the weather. It went from 65 to 6 degrees. All this noise came up when the weather turned cold. I'll see about 1/60... There is really quite a bit of light on the barrel. Enough to cause a shadow on the ground and the barrel is 16' off the ground. This is frustrating.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If this is a live stream the quslity hasnt changed in 2 days. Almost as if none of your changes are being applied to the stream
Nest Cam – Okie Bird Cam
Look at this from last year. I don't mess with the settings. The video isn't as good now as it was last April. Let me know what you think...thank you! And look at how much more you can see below the barrel in the video. And I actually raised the barrel about 6" Thanksgiving day so the barrel is a tad closer to the light.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So these are my final settings. Can I apply these settings to my 360 cam so it will be in color? I will add a screen capture showing my settings before I do anything. And BTW I don't receive an email when someone posts to this thread. I checked my email address and it is correct. I did a screen capture. Thank you everyone for your help. I appreciate your time. I will let you know when Carol lays her first egg. That is when it gets busy around here :)

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just added a video of Jack coming in this morning and evening. I'm thinking there might be too much blur when my owl moves in low light. These are the settings for this cam in the web UI Please let me know if there is anything you suggest to improve my video. Thanks again for all your help.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You now have the exposure on auto so the shutter could drop as low as 1/3s, thus causing the blur.

You need a min 1/30 shutter but preferably 1/60s or faster.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just added a video of Jack coming in this morning and evening. I'm thinking there might be too much blur when my owl moves in low light. These are the settings for this cam in the web UI Please let me know if there is anything you suggest to improve my video. Thanks again for all your help.
Also you need to turn on 3D NR and set it to about 40-50