I know nothing....

hikup2332

n3wb
Reaction score
But I am learning. Been a steep learning curve the past two weeks. I figure I've done about 40 hrs of reading and am still lost.
I purchased an HP 600gi sff with I5 4570 cpu, 1t WD blue HDD, Blue Iris and 5 Hikvision 2332i(5.2.0 english box).A new router was added plus bridge/extend the old to make a wired Gigabit lan upstairs to downstairs I have SADP loaded and can see my first cam.I now have to figure out how to match numbers between BI and the camera setup.
Amazing what goes into all this stuff.It is NOT plug and play and it will kick you in the.... But with the help of this forum, I am making slow progress.Thanks people!

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome, I, and many others are learning too with the help of this forum and the helpful people in it.

hikup2332

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I hope things get better. Does anybody know if SADP is a waste of time? I can't get it to work but it sees the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I hope things get better. Does anybody know if SADP is a waste of time? I can't get it to work but it sees the camera.
It works perfectly.. What is the issue? It's a tool to simply change the ip address..

Sent via Taptalk

hikup2332

n3wb
Reaction score
thought I could access password changes with sadp. Struggling now with getting the cam on IE to work.I can ping it but when I try to bring it up, no deal.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thought I could access password changes with sadp. Struggling now with getting the cam on IE to work.I can ping it but when I try to bring it up, no deal.
Don't try to change the password via SADP.. You can easily do it in the camera interface No need to use SADP for that ... I believe You will need to reflash the firmware..... Be careful that you don't brick the camera with the wrong firmware...
The the default http port is 80
Sent via Taptalk

hikup2332

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting,for some reason the 2332i did not like the single poe set up for power up. When I changed to multi poe switch the camera came up.I was close to bagging it until the hardware change. Yes,now I can move on to bricking the camera(snark). Ain't this fun.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it's not exactly plug and play and I had some sleepless nights trying to set it all up myself. But nice to learn something new!

Reaction score
I'm on day 3 of my 15 day trial and so far I'm impressed with the software (Blue Iris Version 4.1.62 64 bit and 2 Agasio M105I Outdoor Wireless Wifi Waterproof Bullet IP Camera with IR-Cut Filter, Two-way Audio, Night-Vision hard wired.

I'm having trouble with the email alerts. They work when I click TEST but only worked once with a live trigger?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Micro

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Post images of your alert settings

Sent via Taptalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Micro Maniac Its is most likely your "wait until triggered at least" settings.
"In order to reduce the likelihood of a false alarm (as by shadows, insects, wind, etc.) you enable the Wait for motion at least X times in Y seconds option. For purposes of this feature, the camera must be in the triggered state, and motion (or external trigger source) must alternately begin and end."
See posts 24-28 in this thread.

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3413-All-alerts-quit-working/page2

Reaction score
Can you suggest actual numbers for X & Y? I changed them to 5 out of 7 with no change...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you suggest actual numbers for X & Y? I changed them to 5 out of 7 with no change...
You can leave the x at 2 but bring the y to at least 5-10...it varies by scenario...
Also as a side note, stay away from low end low resolution cameras like agasio..there are MUCH better options.

Reaction score
Ok I think it's working now.... Intermittent but better than before. Thanks for your help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I think it's working now.... Intermittent but better than before. Thanks for your help!
its not intermittent...its simply responding to your settings..if you want an alert each time there is a trigger you need to disable that option altogether...also, disable object detect reject in the motion settings tab or you will completely miss valid events.

Reaction score
No I don't think I want to do that. I want to get real triggers. Both cameras are facing south west so they get afternoon blasts of sun. I also live in an area of home invasion so I'd rather they be more sensitive than not.

I notice though that there is a lot of pixelation . I have the quality set at 90% and FPS at 29. Is there something else I should set?

Thanks for your help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No I don't think I want to do that. I want to get real triggers. Both cameras are facing south west so they get afternoon blasts of sun. I also live in an area of home invasion so I'd rather they be more sensitive than not.

I notice though that there is a lot of pixelation . I have the quality set at 90% and FPS at 29. Is there something else I should set?

Thanks for your help!
A more effective way to accomplish this is by setting up cloned cameras in blue iris and set the clone for alerts...increase the threashold and mask more area on the clone...then hide the camera so you dont see double.
As far as pixelation are you running the camera wifi? Reduce the frame rate - this must be done in the camera. If the camera offers a keyframe or iframe setting match it to the fps.
Since you are in an area with home invasions, get better cameras. Also get cameras with SD card storage as a backup. You might also consider cameras with alarm inputs so you can attached a pir sensor (hikvision alarm works with blue iris) or user something like this sealevel device that will allow you to trigger cameras and/or alerts using an external PIR.
http://www.sealevel.com/store/120e-ethernet-to-4-optically-isolated-inputs-4-form-c-relay-outputs-digital-interface-adapter.html