I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
How about being able to move and/or resize the bar? Grab it and drag it as needed to get away from areas of interest (i.e. the time/date overlay)?

Just an idea...
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I will do this. It is fairly complicated to code such a thing, and I don't see much benefit over what is already available. I will definitely be adding the playback controls to the top bar though, as this should be the perfect solution for most users.

It just occured to me that the top bar area would not work when the user has selected the fullscreen option
UI2 gets forced into live view when you fullscreen anyway, so that is not a problem. That is a really nice picture by the way!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Updated.

v0.8.2 - 2015-06-15
+ The playback controls will now appear in the top bar when there is room, so it doesn't have to overlap the video.

molimelight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used this a while back when it was first posted but I had a hard drive crash on my main work computer at home, the one I brought BI up on the most, and forgot about it, so I was using the stock one for a while. You've done a great job on this. Like others have said, a big thanks for all of your work on this. It looks great in Chrome. :)

tuffcalc

n3wb
Reaction score
Just installed today, great upgrade!

Question though. Sound works fine on my Axis cameras, but not on my Mobotix cameras. Any idea what's up?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If the sound works in Blue Iris, it should work in UI2... in theory... Remember sound only works for live view. I don't have access to an audio stream from recordings and even if I did there would be no way to keep the sound in sync with jpeg video playback.

tuffcalc

n3wb
Reaction score
If the sound works in Blue Iris, it should work in UI2... in theory... Remember sound only works for live view. I don't have access to an audio stream from recordings and even if I did there would be no way to keep the sound in sync with jpeg video playback.
Sorry - false alarm. It seems to work, just takes a bit to load in. My axis cameras we're instantaneous.

Awesome upgrade.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've noticed Chrome has quite the delay to start audio. Try Firefox, as it loads audio much faster.

Reaction score
I've been using UI2 for about 4 or 5 months now, it's awesome, thanks for programming this and making it available.

One odd thing I noticed, recently (within the last few weeks) I upgraded Blue Iris to latest 4.0.9.14 x64, and Firefox to latest 38.0.5, and UI2 to latest v0.8.2. Prior to these upgrades, when I clicked on a particular camera, the audio would start streaming immediately, and was relatively in sync with the video. Now when I click on a particular camera, I hear a brief burst of near-real-time audio, then 12 or 13 seconds of silence, and then the audio starts up again, but now 12 or 13 seconds delayed from the video. This problem was present in Chrome even 5 months ago, but now it happens in Firefox as well, on both PC and Mac. Same problem also in Opera. No audio at all in IE11 or Safari on the Mac, but I don't think that ever worked.

Also, another problem that has cropped up in the last month or so is a flickering of the video feed when using the default JPEG mode. Doesn't happen in Opera on JPEG mode, but does in Firefox 38. Doesn't happen if I enable MJPEG mode in Firefox, but then switching cameras is slower, and that doesn't help the audio issue.

I fired up my old BI 3 system, and got the same problem, so I decided to check and see if it was something that came in with a Firefox update, I had an old Win 7x64 virtual machine with Firefox 31.0 on it, and sure enough, audio works fine. So at some point here Firefox changed something that broke the audio. Any ideas what that might be? Maybe an advanced setting in about:config ? I did a brief stare-and-compare and tried toggling a view settings that were different from Firefox 31 to 38, but they didn't seem to help either problem. Firefox 31 also had a little bit of the flickering, but not nearly as much.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I knew about the flickering in Firefox (and sorry, I have no idea how to fix it). Sorry to hear about the audio problem. I don't have any control over the audio stream, really, except to play/pause it, so I can't do anything about it either. I just create an html5 audio element and point it at the live audio wav stream that Blue Iris provides.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
bp - if and when Ken integrates the missing clip time stamp information your interface needs to correctly control the playback seek bar, is that something you then need to update in your code? Or will it just start working on its own? I ask because the last few 24-hr combined clips I've pulled up have worked flawlessly. The beginning (left-most) part of the seek bar is the beginning of the clip, and the end (right-most) part of the bar is the end of the combined clips.

Before, the clip repeated for every 1/2" of seek bar. It may just be me, as about a week ago, I finally enabled 'record image alert' (under record tab) for each camera. I don't know if that had anything to do with it, or if his time code is just playing nice.

Either way, I can now use the search bar just like the one on the stock player.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If he fixed it, it should just start working. It kind of looks like he might have, because my clips no longer begin repeating at the end. Will take further investigation to be sure it is accurate now but it does appear to be better!

Reaction score
I saw some release notes about Firefox 37 having big improvements regarding HTML 5 video, so I went back to Firefox 36, but the problem was still there. I rolled my machine back to Firefox 31.0 - and now audio works fine, and no flicker on the video. Whatever change they made was somewhere between 31 and 36, and it now works the same way Chrome and Opera work (i.e. doesn't work that well - lots of audio lag). So most likely this change is here to stay in these browsers since they are all doing the same thing now.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats tricky, because it will forever be (partly) broken for users of BI 3 since obviously the update to improve the timing will never reach BI 3. I will put the checkbox in the options window and make it on by default. And I'll also change the name of the setting so anyone who has a stored preference will be updated to the new default value. Anyone who wants it to be off by default will just have to use the ui2-local-overrides.js file.

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is no alternative or equivalent. Some laptop trackpads have scrolling features that emulate a mouse wheel, but without that you're out of luck.
Bummer. Though it seems to me there's room for + - buttons on the bar with the schedule and current camera area. Just sayin' :)

Reaction score
Firefox 35.0 works fine with the audio, minimal flickering (on a Mac on 10.10.3). So the change that messed up the audio is most likely somewhere between 35.0 and 36.0. Release notes don't reveal anything obvious. Maybe someone with more developer knowledge on the HTML5 side can look them over and see if anything sticks out that might have broken the way audio works with UI2? https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I can't get ui2.htm to respond to touch on iPads, with bi4 any idea how to fix this? Thanks