I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ken said he could accommodate by adding the necessary clip length information. If this works out, then I should soon be able to overhaul the entire clip playback experience in UI2 so that reverse playback makes more sense and a seek bar will be possible. Some of the enhancements won't work in older BI versions (like 4.0.6 or 3.66), but some will.
Yeh baby!

Attachments

Umbongo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi bp2008
AWSOME WORK!

But...
Can you please hep me?
After copying your files into the "WWW" directory in Blue Iris, I can still get into the standard Blue Iris Web interface ok, but if I try and log in using your new interface (/ui2) then I get the login screen ok, but then after entering the correct credentials I get a default web page up saying "The website declined to show this web page" HTTP403 forbidden.
Weird thing is with previous versions of your software it has worked fine!
Thanks for your help!

Umbongo

Umbongo

n3wb
Reaction score
More than likely you entered the address wrong. it should be /ui2.htm
Oooops!
You are absolutely right!
Thanks for the fast and spot-on response!
Cheers bp2008 and keep up the excellent work!

Umbongo

Last edited by a moderator:

adimw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
bp2008, your fast forward / rewind and pause tools are invaluable. thankyou!

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That made my heart skip a beat. Oh, now it's time for an ice-cold shower... :)

Umbongo

n3wb
Reaction score
Nearly.... N E A R L Y ......! :cool:

(BTW - anyone know what was changed in V4.0.6.0?)

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not sure if it's been mentioned as suggestions for when you make changes. But on the clip playback and the fast forward and pause options you have (which are great BTW); if a progress bar or indicator could be added say at the top or bottom of the screen to kind of give you an idea of where on the clip you are in relation to the starting and stopping points would be awesome, kinda like when watching a YouTube video, you can see where you are in the video and clicking to a specific time, well that would be awesome as well, but the indicator bar would be a really nice feature. Hope I am not duplicating another suggestion.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am not sure if it's been mentioned as suggestions for when you make changes. But on the clip playback and the fast forward and pause options you have (which are great BTW); if a progress bar or indicator could be added say at the top or bottom of the screen to kind of give you an idea of where on the clip you are in relation to the starting and stopping points would be awesome, kinda like when watching a YouTube video, you can see where you are in the video and clicking to a specific time, well that would be awesome as well, but the indicator bar would be a really nice feature. Hope I am not duplicating another suggestion.
Read back a bit Overcon and I believe that you will read that ther is an issue with creating such a progress bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Overcon, I agree completely with what you are saying. That is exactly what I'm aiming to do with the "seek bar" I mentioned in the last page or two. I really look forward to having this feature.

Before I can start, I have to wait for the next Blue Iris update which is supposed to provide backend support to make this possible.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, BI 4.0.7 which came out last night did not meet expectations. It included a clip duration field that is more precise than the previously available duration, but the duration is still inaccurate (precision and accuracy are two different things) so the result of using it to build a progress/seek bar would range from "strange" to "disastrous" depending on people's recording settings. I let Ken know and we will see what he does with it.

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have another request for the reconnect stuff pleeeeaaaasssseeeee :) lets say I have 3 different browsers open on the same computer and each is opened to a different group. if the connection drops, when it reconnects they don't go back to the groups they were on before.. usually all 3 will go back to the same group D: anyway to easily add that functionality in?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have another request for the reconnect stuff pleeeeaaaasssseeeee :) lets say I have 3 different browsers open on the same computer and each is opened to a different group. if the connection drops, when it reconnects they don't go back to the groups they were on before.. usually all 3 will go back to the same group D: anyway to easily add that functionality in?
They would actually have to be different browsers, not 3 windows of the same browser, otherwise they will all go back to the same group. The last visited group is remembered in the browser's local storage.

Alternatively you could assign your Blue Iris machine 3 different static IP addresses (LAN Properties > IPv4 > Advanced) and then restart Blue Iris and connect to each of the 3 addresses individually. The browser will think each is a different web site and will not share the settings between them.

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what if you add the group to the url? then you can just do

Code:
var params={};window.location.search.replace(/[?&]+([^=&]+)=([^&]*)/gi,function(str,key,value){params[key] = value;});

if ( params[group] != ''  )
{
    load_group(params[group])
}
no? maybe? :numbness:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
what if you add the group to the url? then you can just do

Code:
var params={};window.location.search.replace(/[?&]+([^=&]+)=([^&]*)/gi,function(str,key,value){params[key] = value;});

if ( params[group] != ''  )
{
    load_group(params[group])
}
no? maybe? :numbness:
Almost.

Have a look at the ui2-local-overrides-template.js file. If you rename this file to ui2-local-overrides.js then UI2 will load it during startup, so you can include whatever extra scripts you like in this file and they won't get overwritten when you update UI2 from this thread. If you don't want any of the functionality provided by the template file, you can just create a new empty text file and name it ui2-local-overrides.js so that UI2 can find it. Regardless of how you decide to create the file, add this script to the bottom:

Code:
var params = {}; window.location.search.replace(/[?&]+([^=&]+)=([^&]*)/gi, function (str, key, value) { params[key] = value; });

if (params['group'] != '')
{
	OverrideDefaultSetting("ui2_defaultCameraGroupId", params['group'], true, true, 0);
}
Then just add the "group" argument to your URL. e.g. /ui2.htm?group=garage

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That last post makes me realize how dependent I am on you guys who actually paid attention in school. I feel really dumb, but am grateful you guys know what you're talking about!

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is there a simple way to add an option to make the red border around the currently recording camera image more bold or larger, or maybe the option to change the color (like to yellow)? For some reason I have a difficult time seeing the red and just thought if the border line was wider or thicker, or maybe a different selectable color that it might be an option as a check box or color palette under the UI2 Configuration page. Doable?