I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

KNPN

n3wb
Reaction score
We can make focal adjustments through the Blue Iris Viewer on our server, though the Blue Iris App (iOS), and the web interface for our camera (IPCC7210W).

Reaction score
Hi!, you 've made a great work!!
well, but i have a problema with the new interface, because i have some hour difference, between list of records, and the real time stamp i mean, the list says :"1:00AM", but the video stamp"00:00 AM". The correct time it the time stamp into record. I´ve saw the regional setting into BI server and client, both are ok.
please let me know what happened.

regards.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I suspect the time zone or daylight savings time flag is wrong or different on one device or another. If you show a screenshot it may help narrow it down.

Reaction score
yes!, was a regional setting, flag daylight saving, but was necessary restart the server. but now is OK!
thanks

dexterdom

n3wb
Reaction score
IE is still supported :)

Usually when that sort of thing happens it is caused by the browser caching files when it should not. My next update includes logic that (should) perform an automatic reload when necessary, but I haven't finished that update yet so it is not published. In the meantime, try CTRL + F5 to force a full refresh, and if that doesn't help then redownload the files from here and extract them again, just in case something got messed up.
Hi BP - I've tried refreshing as you suggested, plus clearing out the cache completely (from within IE and also using ccleaner) but still no luck. I noticed that you posted an updated version (0.9.3) so I downloaded that and installed it (stop BI service, copy files into www, restart BI service) and now when I open it in IE I can't get past the login screen. I enter my userid and password, click Log In and nothing happens. It still works fine for me in Chrome. One interesting thing I noticed in Chrome is that it's still reporting as version 0.9.1 instead of 0.9.3. Is there any chance you forgot to update the "about" screen? I've cleared the cache/history in Chrome many times (from the beginning of time) so I'm not sure what else to try.
Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi BP - I've tried refreshing as you suggested, plus clearing out the cache completely (from within IE and also using ccleaner) but still no luck. I noticed that you posted an updated version (0.9.3) so I downloaded that and installed it (stop BI service, copy files into www, restart BI service) and now when I open it in IE I can't get past the login screen. I enter my userid and password, click Log In and nothing happens. It still works fine for me in Chrome. One interesting thing I noticed in Chrome is that it's still reporting as version 0.9.1 instead of 0.9.3. Is there any chance you forgot to update the "about" screen? I've cleared the cache/history in Chrome many times (from the beginning of time) so I'm not sure what else to try.
Thanks
Okay, apparently I forgot to copy over the latest ui2.htm file in the 0.9.3 release. My bad. Before that I had forgotten to update the version number to 0.9.2 for that release. Too many manual steps.

However just about the only problem this would have caused is that the update notifications I supposedly launched in 0.9.3 do not work. They will in 0.9.4 which I have just released. I don't think this will solve your problem, but you might as well update just to be sure.

Try pressing F12 and looking at the console output when you load ui2.htm in Internet Explorer. It might show a javascript error or something to indicate what the problem is.

By the way, there is no need to stop or restart the BI service when you update UI2.

- - - Updated - - -

I have just updated my file release again.

v0.9.4 - 2015-09-29
* Fixed automatic update notifications, which were broken in v0.9.3 due to one of the files not being updated.

dexterdom

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay, apparently I forgot to copy over the latest ui2.htm file in the 0.9.3 release. My bad. Before that I had forgotten to update the version number to 0.9.2 for that release. Too many manual steps.

However just about the only problem this would have caused is that the update notifications I supposedly launched in 0.9.3 do not work. They will in 0.9.4 which I have just released. I don't think this will solve your problem, but you might as well update just to be sure.

Try pressing F12 and looking at the console output when you load ui2.htm in Internet Explorer. It might show a javascript error or something to indicate what the problem is.

By the way, there is no need to stop or restart the BI service when you update UI2.
Thanks for the quick response on this :) I've updated to 0.9.4 and I see that version in the Chrome/About screen. In IE I checked the console as you suggest and I get the following error once I log into UI2 (it now gets past the login screen and just hangs on BUSY):
SCRIPT5009: 'JSON' is undefined
ui2-util.js, line 263 character 2

EDIT: I also noticed in the console window that compatibility mode was turn on. I disabled it and the problem went away. I'm back to being able to use UI2 in IE! Sorry for the trouble on this one, but I'll keep the console in my back pocket for future issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
IE 7 and older I believe do not include JSON code, so that would explain it. Recent versions of IE can emulate back as far as IE 7 (released around the same time as Windows Vista! LOL). Why it was using that mode is beyond me though.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have uploaded another small update.

v0.9.5 - 2015-09-29
* Improved initial loading speed of the clip list. Clip tiles now load dynamically when you scroll to them, instead of all 1000 clips loading at the start.
+ Added a hotkey for fullscreen mode (default: CTRL + tilde)
* Slightly improved reliability of the Frame Rate Boost option.

Also, just as a reminder about the update notifications:
  • UI2 v0.9.3's update checking ability is broken. 0.9.4 and later is working.
  • Automatic update checks have a 12 hour "cooldown", meaning automatic update checks won't occur within 12 hours of another update check. As such, it might take a day or so for you to get notified of an update.
  • You can trigger a manual update check at any time from UI2's settings, Misc category.
  • Automatic update checks only occur when UI2 loads. If you open UI2 once and leave it open for the next year, it will not perform periodic update checks.
  • If you want to disable update checks globally, you need to use ui2-local-overrides.js.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When using UI2 and viewing all my cameras in a single browser window I can see a red border around any camera that is recording. If I select the camera in single live view, the red border disappears. I've looked in BlueIris and UI2 options, but can't seem to find a way to enable the red border for a single camera when in full browser view. Is there a way to enable this function? If not, could it be possible for a future UI2 update to be able to toggle this ability?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When using UI2 and viewing all my cameras in a single browser window I can see a red border around any camera that is recording. If I select the camera in single live view, the red border disappears. I've looked in BlueIris and UI2 options, but can't seem to find a way to enable the red border for a single camera when in full browser view. Is there a way to enable this function? If not, could it be possible for a future UI2 update to be able to toggle this ability?
This is something Blue Iris does, so I guess it is intentional that it only adds the border in the grid view. If you want it on fullscreen cam views in the browser, you will have to ask the Blue Iris developer if he will add it as an option. Me personally, I don't think I would use it. But it isn't a bad idea. http://blueirissoftware.com/contact/

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just upgraded to Blue Iris 4.1.9 and it appears to have broken the UI2 viewer.
Any idea if it is just me or anyone else?

EDIT:
Reboot after installing updates appears to have cleared my issue.
It is now showing up correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

dexterdom

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi BP

When I'm viewing a camera I know I can zoom in/out using the - and= keys on the keyboard. Is there a way to pan around the image by keyboard? I don't mean actually panning the camera, I'm just talking about moving the zoomed image around once it's zoomed in. At the moment the only way I can do it is by clicking the mouse and dragging the image around and it would be great if I could do it via keyboard.
FYI - I'm trying to create some macros on my home theater remote control to display and navigate UI2 on my family room TV, and I'm trying to do it by sending kb commands to the Chrome window. If you know of a better or more reliable way your thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers... Dom

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi BP

When I'm viewing a camera I know I can zoom in/out using the - and= keys on the keyboard. Is there a way to pan around the image by keyboard? I don't mean actually panning the camera, I'm just talking about moving the zoomed image around once it's zoomed in. At the moment the only way I can do it is by clicking the mouse and dragging the image around and it would be great if I could do it via keyboard.
FYI - I'm trying to create some macros on my home theater remote control to display and navigate UI2 on my family room TV, and I'm trying to do it by sending kb commands to the Chrome window. If you know of a better or more reliable way your thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers... Dom
This is not currently possible, but I will put it on my list. Maybe you would appreciate an "air mouse" instead of a standard remote control for this.

dexterdom

n3wb
Reaction score
This is not currently possible, but I will put it on my list. Maybe you would appreciate an "air mouse" instead of a standard remote control for this.
Thanks for considering this. I didn't want to introduce another input device just for this function. For now I can workaround this with nircmd (mouse down, move cursor, mouse up)

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to get an individual stream link per camera on Blue Iris? Just like how its possible on Foscam? I understand that each Foscam Camera has a built in web server. But instead of streaming all cameras connected to blue iris, if I want to stream just a single camera via a web link, then would that be possible? Any suggestions/ideas are appreciated.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to get an individual stream link per camera on Blue Iris? Just like how its possible on Foscam? I understand that each Foscam Camera has a built in web server. But instead of streaming all cameras connected to blue iris, if I want to stream just a single camera via a web link, then would that be possible? Any suggestions/ideas are appreciated.
Yes, this is possible! Look in Blue Iris' help file under The Web Server chapter. Scroll to the bottom for a list of video streams Blue Iris provides.

Reaction score
Great! Thank you very much. I was able to get it to work. However, I have another question. Can I pass the username and password in the link itself, so that I dont have to enter the username and password after opening the link? The link I am using now is http://ipaddress:port/mjpg/{camerashort name}/video.mjpg. How can I pass the username and password in this link?