I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Easily done. Open your www/ui2 folder and create a text file named exactly ui2-local-overrides.css

Open this file in notepad or whatever and paste in:

Code:
.cliptile.selected {
  background-color: rgba(0,255,0,0.4);
}
UI2 is coded to load that file if it exists. That will turn the selected clip a medium shade of green. You can put any valid CSS color value there instead of rgba(0,255,0,0.4). For example #660000 for a dark red or Purple for purple. The best part is, because I don't include a ui2-local-overrides.css file in the distribution, it won't be replaced when you update so your change should survive for the foreseeable future.

You can, in Blue Iris, and it will also affect UI2. That is the only way to do it.
Worked great - thanks

sonup2000

n3wb
Reaction score
for some reason i keep on losing connection after maybe 20min or so. hitting f12 . i see "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://10.0.23.10:81/ui2/ui2-local-overrides.css " . i did upgrade to 4.0.2.3 . i am on windows 7 64bit. ofcouse once i hot F5 it reloads and everything is fine. btw everything else looks like its working fine. BI didnt crash or anything.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That might be related to another bug I've been seeing where chrome keeps crashing with its "Aw, Snap! Something went wrong ... " page.

I will try to figure out what causes it, and hopefully it is the same cause for both our problems.

By the way the 404 for ui2-local-overrides is perfectly normal; everyone gets that error message in their console, unless they manually create the file. The idea is you can create the file and put your own css style rules in it and they will affect ui2 and the file will not get wiped out when you download an update from me. But no harm is done by not having created that file.

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was getting that as well in Chrome. have since switched over to Firefox on a single machine and it no longer happens

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to blame Chrome for this one. I have been running ui2 in IE 11 for hours and it has not crashed. Chrome crashes all the time.

So I have no idea what is causing sonup2000's problem.

sonup2000

n3wb
Reaction score
no big deAL bp2008 i will deal with it:) i use java app most of the time anyway.

James DiBernardo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I maybe a little late to the game on this one (i tried searchign the forum with no avail) but i was wondering how does one setup the BI webserver with a Dyndns name? i am also running IIS so i can redirect.

i can pull the login page but i can never login. Is this a BI restriction?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I maybe a little late to the game on this one (i tried searchign the forum with no avail) but i was wondering how does one setup the BI webserver with a Dyndns name? i am also running IIS so i can redirect.

i can pull the login page but i can never login. Is this a BI restriction?
The web server does not need to know anything about your dyndns name. Not sure why you would need IIS for BI's web server.

Are you asking if BI doesn't allow you to log in from the login page? I'm confused.

James DiBernardo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ahh yes i should have mention that part... I have a "home" page first then the BI web page as a link in it.

Dashboard

click on the camera icon.

In IIS i was able to redirect to my dyndnsname:port/ui2.htm --> the login page kicks in --> cant login past this.

if i switch to the the computer host name i can login no problem.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Everything looks normal to me (i.e. login fails in exactly the expected way because I don't have a valid user name and password, lol). BI provides the session cookie and everything.

Some things to try:

* Different browser.
* Different BI account with a simple user name and password. Maybe, just maybe, some character in your current un/pw is failing to encode properly or something.

Edit: Is the connection to BI perhaps being proxied through IIS? If so, maybe the session cookie is not being forwarded.

djordan

n3wb
Reaction score
bp2008, many thanks again for your much improved BI web interface. I recently setup a few Foscam FI9831w cameras along with BI4. Everything has worked out well except that I was very displeased with the included UI. Now wiith your improved web interface, it makes things just that much better.

As a long time contributor to the various *nix communities such as the FreeBSD project, OpenBSD, etc etc, I realize the time and effort it takes to design and implement a community project such as this - and it is much appreciated.

I look forward to further updates/features on your interface.

Many thanks again.

D.
=======================

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Lately when viewing my cameras it has been crashing. Any ideas?

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same, and unfortunately I have no idea except I think it only happens in Chrome!
lol that's good to know. I will try firefox then.

I've never really heard that before... Usually it's "it only happens in IE" lol

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Same problem - but it is on Chrome OS (Chrome Box) so there is no other browser lol
Has anyone found out if this happens on other pages besides ui2? Like jpegpull2.htm? Or plain old jpegpull.htm that came with BI? Could help narrow down the problem. It is pretty hard if not impossible to cause that kind of crash with clientside script, so I am suspicious that it is a bug in Chrome or something related to BI's jpeg encoder.

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I will start using the other pages and let you know. Usually when I am out in my garage/shop working, I pull up UI2 to look at and an Iheart radio station to listen to on my chrombox and then they will both crash

edit #1 - tried it with just jpegpull.htm and my radio page, and it just crashed - it was running for about 1 hour

edit #2 - tried it with just the jpegpul.htm and no other page open and it just crashed after about 1 1/2 hours

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I will start using the other pages and let you know. Usually when I am out in my garage/shop working, I pull up UI2 to look at and an Iheart radio station to listen to on my chrombox and then they will both crash

edit #1 - tried it with just jpegpull.htm and my radio page, and it just crashed - it was running for about 1 hour

edit #2 - tried it with just the jpegpul.htm and no other page open and it just crashed after about 1 1/2 hours
Interesting. That at least narrows it down by indicating the crash isn't my fault. Oddly the same day I ran ui2 fine all afternoon in Chrome, and have not seen it crash since.