I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't get ui2.htm to respond to touch on iPads, with bi4 any idea how to fix this? Thanks
If it stopped working after updating ui2, try reloading the page to make sure the scripts are up to date. Otherwise, I have no idea. I'll try and remember to try it myself.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
bp2008, I'd like to hide Options access from my ui2 users. How about a "ui2_hideOptionsMenu" setting in ui2-local-overrides.js?

And please don't forget this...

Thats tricky, because it will forever be (partly) broken for users of BI 3 since obviously the update to improve the timing will never reach BI 3. I will put the checkbox in the options window and make it on by default. And I'll also change the name of the setting so anyone who has a stored preference will be updated to the new default value. Anyone who wants it to be off by default will just have to use the ui2-local-overrides.js file.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
BP - just had an idea. There are only a couple remaining "would be nice to have" functions that remain exclusive to Ken's stock webpage that are keeping me from making the exclusive switch to yours.

The one that I find most useful for reviewing a specific camera (or group of cameras) is the alert window. On the stock page, after selecting the desired camera/group, I go to a specific time of interest, select it, and then use my keyboard cursor key (up/down) to skip to the next alert. This works particularly well, as it lets me see the same specific time from multiple camera angles with no other input other than the cursor key.

Right now, with yours, using the cursor key up/down simply makes the list of clips scroll up and down, but does not select/play the next alert.

To be most useful (for me), the clip should continue playing even after the specific alert clip has ended (like the stock player). Further, by incrementing up to the next alert, it should start playing automatically and not require user to click play.

I know, I'm needy ;)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
bp2008, I'd like to hide Options access from my ui2 users. How about a "ui2_hideOptionsMenu" setting in ui2-local-overrides.js?

And please don't forget this...
I think there is already a flag in the overrides file for you to disable the options menu. Look more carefully.

BP - just had an idea. There are only a couple remaining "would be nice to have" functions that remain exclusive to Ken's stock webpage that are keeping me from making the exclusive switch to yours.

The one that I find most useful for reviewing a specific camera (or group of cameras) is the alert window. On the stock page, after selecting the desired camera/group, I go to a specific time of interest, select it, and then use my keyboard cursor key (up/down) to skip to the next alert. This works particularly well, as it lets me see the same specific time from multiple camera angles with no other input other than the cursor key.

Right now, with yours, using the cursor key up/down simply makes the list of clips scroll up and down, but does not select/play the next alert.

To be most useful (for me), the clip should continue playing even after the specific alert clip has ended (like the stock player). Further, by incrementing up to the next alert, it should start playing automatically and not require user to click play.

I know, I'm needy ;)
I agree, and it is one of the next things I intend to enhance. I will make up/down move through clips like you suggest, and I will also add clickable buttons for previous and next clip. I may also add a toggle button for automatically moving to the next clip when the current one is finished playing. That will be mutually exclusive with the loop toggle button since the two behaviors are incompatible. So you will be able to start at the beginning of the day, speed up the playback, and just let it roll through one clip after another if you desire.

Can you clarify what you mean when you say "To be most useful (for me), the clip should continue playing even after the specific alert clip has ended (like the stock player).". In the stock players, when you play an alert you just end up playing the entire clip, starting at the time the alert was triggered. But in UI2 I have it stop playback after the alert is over. Is this what you are referring to? You prefer the old behavior? You know you can always just play from the Clips list instead of the Alerts list. Or am I missing the point here?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Can you clarify what you mean when you say "To be most useful (for me), the clip should continue playing even after the specific alert clip has ended (like the stock player).". In the stock players, when you play an alert you just end up playing the entire clip, starting at the time the alert was triggered. But in UI2 I have it stop playback after the alert is over. Is this what you are referring to? You prefer the old behavior? You know you can always just play from the Clips list instead of the Alerts list. Or am I missing the point here?
When clicking on an alert in the stock player works essentially like a bookmark - taking you to a specific point in time on a clip (all of which, on mine, are combined into 24 hour clips). While the seek bar shows the entire 24 hour clip, and places the time marker at the point where the alert occurred, once the specific alert time has ended, the clip continues to play. That's useful if you want to loiter on the same camera and just sit back and watch the clip continue (without requiring any further user input)

By contrast, on yours, once the alert event has expired, the clip stops. While I'm sure many may prefer that, to me it is a bit too disruptive. More often than not, I would like to see the clips immediately preceding the alert clip I've chosen.

The problem (or rather inconvenience) with playing the clips from the clip list is that finding a specific event on the clip (using the FFW or seek bar) is not nearly as precise as the alerts. So I find myself going back and forth between alerts and clips - which is tedious.

I think a perfect solution would be to make the 'resume clip after alert event expired' and option so that those (like me) who want the clip to resume, can do so - while others who see value in the clip stopping can also have that feature.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When clicking on an alert in the stock player works essentially like a bookmark - taking you to a specific point in time on a clip (all of which, on mine, are combined into 24 hour clips).

I think a perfect solution would be to make the 'resume clip after alert event expired' and option so that those (like me) who want the clip to resume, can do so - while others who see value in the clip stopping can also have that feature.
Ok. I can make this an option!

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Awesome! You need a donate button...

If you can, have the cursor key focus move the alert selection to previous/next alert, you'd be awesomer!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think there is already a flag in the overrides file for you to disable the options menu. Look more carefully.
Opps :sad2: There it is...

Code:
// If true, an Options button is shown next to the Logout button in the upper right corner of UI2.
// If false, the Options button is removed and the settings contained within are unavailable.
allowUserToChangeSettings = false;

phatpuckz

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there audio support for this? I did see the check box in options specific to browsers, but does live video have the audio support? Can't seem to get audio playing. Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Audio in the live view should work in Chrome and Firefox. It will not work in Internet Explorer as far as I know. It can take around 10 seconds to start hearing anything (not my fault, can't fix).

If you see this icon in the upper left, it is muted/not playing:

Here is what you see if it is unmuted:

If neither icon appears, then your current selected camera isn't configured to have audio in Blue Iris.

Also, audio will not play for recordings, for a number of complex reasons, but most notably that Blue Iris doesn't provide a stream in a compatible format except for live view.

phatpuckz

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't see that image in Chrome or Firefox, but my camera audio does work with BlueIris in Internet Explorer Activex. I check BlueIris and i do have audio capture enabled on this camera. Is there somewhere else I need to configure audio in BlueIris?

BTW, i really like the interface, thanks.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You do need to have the specific camera that has audio full-screened. Have you done that?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, from your camera grid, click on the one that has audio and it will go full-screen.

However if by chance you only have one camera then perhaps the audio feature is not being handled properly. Is that the case? Single-camera setups are full of quirks like this but I thought I had most of them fixed by now.

phatpuckz

n3wb
Reaction score
That could be it. I'm trying out blueiris for the first time with a foscam fi9826p (just a single camera) before purchasing more cams...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, ok. I don't know when I'll get around to fixing this for you but in the meantime if you add the same camera again (as a duplicate) then you'll effectively have "two cameras" as far as the web interface is concerned.

phatpuckz

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, that seemed to be the issue. Created another camera using the same foscam and refresh the browser. Options came in with audio. Thanks!

Reaction score
I love this interface! i haven't the time to read all 22 pages of this thread but is there a way to completely remove the original BI interface and only have this one. sometimes users get the old one and get confused.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can remove the original pages, but I would not recommend it since they are nice to have around in case something happens to not be working in my pages.

Perhaps all you need to do is go into each user account properties (especially the Anonymous account if you are using it!) and set the homepage to ui2.htm so that way if someone is entering your address they would be directed to ui2 by default. This would not affect anyone's bookmarks though.

If you want to completely replace the original pages, there are a few ways to do this.

1. Replace the original pages with ui2.htm. In other words, delete the originals and make copies of ui2.htm, renaming the copies to default.htm, jpegpull.htm, jpegpush.htm.

or

2. Open each page and insert logic to redirect to ui2.htm. Just put this among the other meta tags near the top.

HTML:
<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=ui2.htm">