I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

Raikkok

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok thanks bp2008.

Yes I got it.. in page number ¿12? there is one user explaining http://ipblueserver:port/ui2.htm

I have another two questions:

- When I access outside the lan, is there any way to connect o redirect http://blueserver:port to http://blueserver:port/ui2.htm

- In remote view, how can improve the live view quality? for blueiris i have it at 15 fps for not consuming a lot of cpu load charge, i don´t know if that influences..

- The final one is, i bought blueiris app for android.. I suppouse I can´t access to the customize page no?

Thanks!

Reaction score
bp2008, thanks so much for your awesome hard work on this. BlueIris better be taking notes,, or should hire you or something. Anyways, I finally registered here with a few questions to ask. First, i tried searching but apparently no one has run into this -- apparently the login button on the new login.htm page is broken for Safari/iPhone users. I installed the ui2 interface on our Blue Iris system at work. I have Android and everything works as it should. Can I just replace the new login page with the stock one for now? I'm about to try that as a temporary fix.

Secondly, is there any way to replace the whole stock UI with your interface, so that it loads by default? Thanks again!!

tom95521

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Purchased a few Amcrest HD 1080 indoor cameras to replace my old Foscams. Video quality and low light sensitivity much improved.

I really prefer the ui2 interface except the zoom and pan/tilt step amount is much greater than in the BI 4 application control and also the default BI web interface control. I do not have fine control when trying to point the camera or zoom in on an object. I notice ui2 uses json but the default jpegpull does not. Not sure if that is related to the problem.

UI2 0.8.3

Thanks,
Tom

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok thanks bp2008.

Yes I got it.. in page number ¿12? there is one user explaining http://ipblueserver:port/ui2.htm

I have another two questions:

- When I access outside the lan, is there any way to connect o redirect http://blueserver:port to http://blueserver:port/ui2.htm

- In remote view, how can improve the live view quality? for blueiris i have it at 15 fps for not consuming a lot of cpu load charge, i don´t know if that influences..

- The final one is, i bought blueiris app for android.. I suppouse I can´t access to the customize page no?

Thanks!
You might be looking for the user-specific homepage setting in Blue Iris. View the properties of a user and you will see a text box where you can enter a homepage for that user. Enter ui2.htm there.

You probably are talking about the frame rate being low. There is not really anything to be done about that. Use Internet Explorer on default.htm if you require a better frame rate.

The Blue Iris app for android has nothing to do with my pages, and is not compatible in any way.

bp2008, thanks so much for your awesome hard work on this. BlueIris better be taking notes,, or should hire you or something. Anyways, I finally registered here with a few questions to ask. First, i tried searching but apparently no one has run into this -- apparently the login button on the new login.htm page is broken for Safari/iPhone users. I installed the ui2 interface on our Blue Iris system at work. I have Android and everything works as it should. Can I just replace the new login page with the stock one for now? I'm about to try that as a temporary fix.

Secondly, is there any way to replace the whole stock UI with your interface, so that it loads by default? Thanks again!!
Yes, you can replace the login page with the stock one. The only thing you lose is the automatic login / remembering credentials. I'm not sure what is broken in Safari but I'll try to remember to check it out.

The best way to "replace" the stock UI is to set the homepage for all your users as described above.

Purchased a few Amcrest HD 1080 indoor cameras to replace my old Foscams. Video quality and low light sensitivity much improved.

I really prefer the ui2 interface except the zoom and pan/tilt step amount is much greater than in the BI 4 application control and also the default BI web interface control. I do not have fine control when trying to point the camera or zoom in on an object. I notice ui2 uses json but the default jpegpull does not. Not sure if that is related to the problem.

UI2 0.8.3

Thanks,
Tom
I know what you are talking about. Much earlier in UI2 development I had the PTZ implemented the "fine control" way but it was not quite as reliable as I wanted and it was easy to get a camera stuck in a moving state. I'll think about revisiting this.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know what you are talking about. Much earlier in UI2 development I had the PTZ implemented the "fine control" way but it was not quite as reliable as I wanted and it was easy to get a camera stuck in a moving state. I'll think about revisiting this.
+1
Looking forward to an update for this if possible.

Reaction score
blue iris updated itself and it seems to have resolved the issue. im on 4.2.6.0 now... i hope this update also fixes my BI crashing periodically. its only acted up since the last couple updates. before that stable as can be.

Try with jpegpull.htm. What version of Blue Iris are you using?

Raikkok

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone, when I try to play one of the clips from alerts I only see black screen, nothing appears, only the play bar moves, counting the minutes of the clip

have any idea of what happens?

thanks

Reaction score
First off, I absolutely love your new web interface for Blue Iris. We had all but abandoned the original built-in version. I was delighted to find your version. We also were already using your Blueiris viewer for our LAN connections. We are having a problem where non admin accounts are still able to change settings on the ui2 page. The checkbox to remember administrative credentials is not checked. Are there any known issues with this and a way to fix it? We really need to prevent non admin accounts from tampering with the settings.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
First off, I absolutely love your new web interface for Blue Iris. We had all but abandoned the original built-in version. I was delighted to find your version. We also were already using your Blueiris viewer for our LAN connections. We are having a problem where non admin accounts are still able to change settings on the ui2 page. The checkbox to remember administrative credentials is not checked. Are there any known issues with this and a way to fix it? We really need to prevent non admin accounts from tampering with the settings.
Are you talking about the UI2 display settings? Those are browser-specific settings that are not shared with other computers or even with other browsers on the same computer. They are not Blue Iris settings at all.

Blue Iris admin users have the ability to change the stoplight state, change the active profile or the schedule, trigger the motion detector for cameras, and that sort of thing. Are you saying people are able to do these things with a limited BI account??

Reaction score
Are you talking about the UI2 display settings? Those are browser-specific settings that are not shared with other computers or even with other browsers on the same computer. They are not Blue Iris settings at all.

Blue Iris admin users have the ability to change the stoplight state, change the active profile or the schedule, trigger the motion detector for cameras, and that sort of thing. Are you saying people are able to do these things with a limited BI account??
I'm sorry. I thought you had to have admin rights to change any of the settings. Is there a way to change it to where you do have to have admin rights to change the default settings?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BP2008, is it possible to have BRLV to display "current server processor usage?" While it's probably not possible to provide real-time CPU load percentage, perhaps such a display might be updated every 60-seconds or so?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I thought you had to have admin rights to change any of the settings. Is there a way to change it to where you do have to have admin rights to change the default settings?
No, not really. You can hide the settings button using the ui2-local-overrides.js file if you want. It would be hidden for everyone this way.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
BP2008, is it possible to have BRLV to display "current server processor usage?" While it's probably not possible to provide real-time CPU load percentage, perhaps such a display might be updated every 60-seconds or so?
What do you mean? UI2 already shows this by default and it updates every 5 or 10 seconds or something.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Aha! I must have hidden it in the settings parameters. I'll check that. Thanks!
Opps. In my effort to control every little bit of what my users see I hid it by default, so sorry for my stupidity BP. Another question, is there a "language file" which will allow me to change "CPU" to "Server CPU Load"? Or do I simply need to edit one of the .js files...or ui.htm?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Opps. In my effort to control every little bit of what my users see I hid it by default, so sorry for my stupidity BP. Another question, is there a "language file" which will allow me to change "CPU" to "Server CPU Load"? Or do I simply need to edit one of the .js files...or ui.htm?
There is no "language file" and I wouldn't recommend modifying ui.htm directly because it wouldn't survive if/when you update to the newest version of my files.

Throw this in at the bottom of your ui2-local-overrides.js file:

Code:
$(function()
{
	$("#cpumem").html($("#cpumem").html().replace(/CPU:/, "Server CPU Load:"));
	$("#cpumem").css("width", "190px");
});
Feel free to modify that however you like. You could even hide the memory usage part if you don't care about it, by adding

Code:
$("#cpumem").html($("#cpumem").html().replace(/MEM:/, ""));
$("#memusage").hide();
And then you could reduce the width of the "#cpumem" element some to allow the text to wrap. Or just take away the line that sets width and it will return to the default width which is 100 pixels.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Question, what's with the blue "big & small tree on a hill with the sun shining?" I click on it and (1) it turns red and (2) all of my camera streams get fuzzy and look Qrappy? Screenshot posted below...

The_Tree_Screenshot.jpg