I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

ChrisDav

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to change which streaming profile it uses? For example I want it to stream at a very low quality so as to not use too much data, and then I can change the streaming quality to a high profile if something is there that i want to actually look at?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on how you are viewing. If you are streaming jpeg images (as is default for UI2) then you could use the Low Quality mode:

The quality is then configurable in the UI2 Settings panel, Video Streaming category, at the bottom. You can also add a delay between jpeg refreshes to reduce bandwidth without reducing image quality. This option is at the top of the Video Streaming category.

If you are viewing H.264 (not the default for UI2) then you can simply adjust the bit rate setting in Blue Iris for streaming profile 0. I'm not sure if you can change which streaming profile will be used. In my experience it is always encoder profile 0. But if you can change it, it will probably be in the bandwidth limiting options built in to Blue Iris in the Edit user dialog.

ChrisDav

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome. That's exactly what I wanted to do. I'll just use the default jpeg streaming. That works perfectly.

Thanks for your work on this.

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Another issue Im having I have 5 servers listed in UI2 and all work fine except for 1. When I pull the main page and it only shows me 1 camera? I can pull up clips and playback from "all camera" but it only shows the one camera view...tks agin in advance..........

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Another issue Im having I have 5 servers listed in UI2 and all work fine except for 1. When I pull the main page and it only shows me 1 camera? I can pull up clips and playback from "all camera" but it only shows the one camera view...tks agin in advance..........
BUMP....

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably, you need to find the "Current Camera" label at the top of the UI, and just under it select "All cameras". Chances are you accidentally selected a group with only one camera in it.

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Probably, you need to find the "Current Camera" label at the top of the UI, and just under it select "All cameras". Chances are you accidentally selected a group with only one camera in it.
I thought of that also but as you can see I currently have all cameras selected.....any setting I may be missing in BI? I even deleted the one group....

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you PM me access info for your Blue Iris (make a temporary user account) I can log in and look at the API responses to see if I can figure out what is wrong.

Soepkip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible to trigger an alert sound in this web interface? I noticed that Blue Iris itself has this option, however I am only viewing it remotely and there are no speakers connected to the Blue Iris PC.

Soepkip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Alright, thanks. It would be a nice feature but I will survive without it :D

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Click my name, then there should be a "Start a Conversation" link. This forum calls PMs "Conversations".

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When reviewing alerts clips via a WAN connection I'm having a hard time finding the sweet spot for smooth playback and decent quality. What do you suggest? My BI server is on a hard-wired 75 down/6 up internet connection and when accessing it from work on a 100 down connection, it stutters a great deal when reviewing clips. Awesome interface, thanks!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When reviewing alerts clips via a WAN connection I'm having a hard time finding the sweet spot for smooth playback and decent quality. What do you suggest? My BI server is on a hard-wired 75 down/6 up internet connection and when accessing it from work on a 100 down connection, it stutters a great deal when reviewing clips. Awesome interface, thanks!
The best streaming performance will come from default.htm or default2.htm in the Internet Explorer browser, because this uses an ActiveX plugin for all video playback and therefore it can handle more advanced compression than jpeg.

UI2 can only stream clips as a set of jpeg images for now. There are a few tricks to make it work better but nothing will make it perform as efficiently as the ActiveX plugin. Go to UI2 settings and under the "UI Behavior" category scroll down to the "Clip preview animation enabled" option and uncheck it. You can also use the Low Quality mode as I described in post #1365, to trade resolution and quality for speed.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The best streaming performance will come from default.htm or default2.htm in the Internet Explorer browser, because this uses an ActiveX plugin for all video playback and therefore it can handle more advanced compression than jpeg.

UI2 can only stream clips as a set of jpeg images for now. There are a few tricks to make it work better but nothing will make it perform as efficiently as the ActiveX plugin. Go to UI2 settings and under the "UI Behavior" category scroll down to the "Clip preview animation enabled" option and uncheck it. You can also use the Low Quality mode as I described in post #1365, to trade resolution and quality for speed.
Thanks @bp2008... I use a Mac so IE is not an option. I can use Safari, Chrome or Firefox... any chance one of those would offer nice playback? Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks @bp2008... I use a Mac so IE is not an option. I can use Safari, Chrome or Firefox... any chance one of those would offer nice playback? Thanks
Currently, no. IE is the only one that can do better than jpeg streaming, because Ken built a plugin for that back in the day and it still works. All other browsers are stuck with the ancient jpeg format for now. I'm working on a cross-platform H.264 solution, but it requires Ken's support in Blue Iris to get around certain limitations in the web standards. The best I've been able to do without his direct help is the H.264 live streaming in UI2 in Chrome (UI2 Settings > HTML5 Canvas section). I can't do the same with clips yet.