I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems likely that something changed with regard to the login process, but whatever it is it didn't affect my configuration. I am still unable to reproduce this myself.

Anyone with this problem, can you tell me what are your BI authentication settings? e.g. Non-LAN only, secure only, User limit #. Also do you have a user named "Anonymous" in Blue Iris Options > Users ? I have that user but I'm not sure how it ended up there; I don't think it is explicitly listed by default. Could be related.

cody00

n3wb
Reaction score
Anon and admin are predelivered with BlueIris from what I remember. I deactivated those and created my own account and gave it admin permissions. It does not have LAN only checked.

IMG_2711.jpg
IMG_2709.jpg

cody00

n3wb
Reaction score
However, I looked at the other options you mentioned. Under "webserver", it was said to "Non-LAN" only. I switched to "All Connections" and now it works on LAN. Thanks for the help bp2008. Not sure if it got set on a BI update or if it was always set and the system never really honored it until now

cobra2

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe that resolved my issue, Web Server->Authentication, change from non-LAN, to 'All connections'

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm. Well having the Anonymous user disabled should have had basically the same effect as requiring authentication for "All connections". That is how it works for me anyway. I disable the Anonymous user, and I'm immediately sent to the login page when I try to load ui2.htm. Unless ui2.htm loads from cache I suppose.

One more question for you guys @cody00 and @cobra2, do you have login credentials stored in UI2? (you can check this by going to UI2 Settings > Misc and if the "Remember Me" box is checked then you have stored credentials). I'm guessing neither of you did have this set?

cobra2

n3wb
Reaction score
"Remember Me" was NOT checked in Settings (but was in login UI fyi).

I may have disabled Anonymous previously.

Thanks, great tool and support!

cody00

n3wb
Reaction score
One more question for you guys @cody00 and @cobra2, do you have login credentials stored in UI2? (you can check this by going to UI2 Settings > Misc and if the "Remember Me" box is checked then you have stored credentials). I'm guessing neither of you did have this set?
I DO NOT have the remember me box checked.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, this helps. I've now been able to reproduce the problem.

It would have helped if I realized you guys were going through the login page to get to UI2 in the first place...

I believe the initialization step in UI2 where it checks the session status is broken. It is amazing what bugs you can get away with when the server you are talking to doesn't enforce certain expectations...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Update posted.

v0.17.3 - 2017-04-12
* Replaced the login page with a new, more modern one (needs "Secure only" to be enabled in Blue Iris Web Server settings).
* Fixed an initialization error that could downgrade you to an anonymous session, or worse, an inactive/broken session, if you came from the login page and had already entered valid credentials there.
* Fixed snapshot button on some operating systems that needed the snapshot to be opened in a new tab.
* UI2 can now be loaded directly from the file system and still be somewhat functional via its ability to connect to other servers.
* UI2 no longer loads server status before it finishes messing with the session/authentication, which may solve some rare issues when UI2 loads from the browser cache.
* UI2 can now be run out of a subdirectory, and is not required to be in the www root.
* Misc bugfixes

WingnutR32

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone else come across an issue where in ui2, you could click on a camera on the live view side to make it larger, and the clips sidebar would also then change to only the camera you have made larger? This no longer works for me, the clips sidebar just stays on "All cameras" when I choose a camera on the live view.

Have tried it with IE and Chrome (canvas and no canvas too).

I noticed v0.17.3 was just released, so I tried that as well (was using v0.17.2). No difference, although the new login page looks snazzy.

EDIT: Solved, my bad. I must have unticked the auto camera option on the clip list... ALL GOOD, nothing broken :)

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update posted.

v0.17.3 - 2017-04-12
I'm having an issue with the latest update to UI2. I can log onto my Blue Iris server remotely but attempting to logon within my LAN causes errors. I am using the latest version of Chrome browser.

Before the logon page is displayed the error in the Capture.jpg file attached occurs. After clearing the error message the login screen is displayed but clicking on the Log In button displays the error in the Capture1.jpg file attached.

Can you suggest what may be causing this issue or what I might do to resolve it. Thanks for any help you can provide. And thank you too for UI2 -- it is certainly a superior web server page.

Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG

bobfather

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BP, you're awesome as usual, but I get the same error as srglassw. I'm using Edge to view UI2, but the new version definitely has a login error when trying to login from LAN that does not occur when trying to login from WAN. I'm sure you'll sort it out - thank you for the continued updates to this amazing interface!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Try a full refresh, ctrl f5. Those missing functions are in a helper file that gets loaded whether you are connecting remotely or locally so it must be a cache problem.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I should have updated version numbers in that login page as that would have avoided the issue for folks who have used a preview of the login page in the past.

bobfather

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah, so that was the trouble? I had switched over to your new login a couple months ago when you posted the preview files. Thanks again, anyway!

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try a full refresh, ctrl f5. Those missing functions are in a helper file that gets loaded whether you are connecting remotely or locally so it must be a cache problem.
Well that was easy... should have thought of that before bothering you. Thanks very much for the assistance.

cobra2

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but looks like a BI change pushed last night made ui2 STOP enforcing per user CAM GROUPS.... ??

jpegpull works correctly (for cam grps!)

bp, tell me if u need URL to exhibit this

(tried w/ui2 17.2 and .3)

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like you are right, cobra2. I will let the developer know.

This bug is also affecting mobile apps, as they use the same API. Consider the "Limit to camera groups" option in BI user settings to be completely broken right now.

Last edited: