I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed that the last release of UI2 has a bug where it corrupts its own saved login credentials if you connect to other servers using UI2's server selection UI. I have fixed the problem and released a new version.

v0.17.4 - 2017-04-16
* Fixed bug from 0.17.3 where using UI2 as a client for multiple servers caused corruption of saved credentials. 0.17.4 should restore credentials that were corrupted by 0.17.3.

I am also making an effort to post new releases to github to serve as a history so people can grab old versions if they need to. GitHub - bp2008/ui2: A custom web interface for Blue Iris Video Security Software

iBirdview

n3wb
Reaction score
Since the last update (v0.17.4) I experience a strange problem. When connecting locally on LAN everything is working great... Butt.... As soon as I connect remotely (WAN) the BI server can't be found by UI2. With the previous version (v0.17.3) everything worked fine...

Regards,

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is odd.

I should be able to figure out what is wrong if you send me a private message (e.g. start a "Conversation") with login info for your server (address, port number, user name, password). Just make a temporary Blue Iris account for me. I can attempt to load the page and look at the browser's developer tools to see what goes wrong.

iBirdview

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just looked at the problem with the safari developer tools and the message I see a lot is:
"You don't have permission to access /json on this server"

The same messages don't appear when connecting on LAN...

Is this of any use for you?

Regards,

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I bet this is the same problem as some people had when they updated to Blue Iris 4.5.3.5, where their mobile apps (e.g. iOS or Android) stopped working. Their fix was to downgrade BI back to 4.5.3.0 or 4.5.3.2 or something, then upgrade to 4.5.3.5 again.

Anyway I suggest you let Blue Iris support know (via email) what is happening so he can be sure to fix it in the next patch.

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First, Thanks to @bp2008 for this amazing web UI upgrade. I'm currently tweaking BI for my use and the only thing I can't seem to figure out at this point is why I can only get about 5 fps in "all cameras" view. This happens on either the web UI or in Android app. In single camera view, I get the same fps my cameras are set to. I also get expected fps in cycle view, just not in all cameras. All camera view in the BI console works fine as well. Currently I only have 3 cameras configured. Does anyone know why this is happening or is this a BI limitation where it can only produce low fps when multiple cameras are displayed?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd guess it is just a BI limitation -- takes too long to build the view so it can't achieve a high frame rate. If you reduce the resolution of it, it will be faster, but nobody wants to do that.

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd guess it is just a BI limitation -- takes too long to build the view so it can't achieve a high frame rate. If you reduce the resolution of it, it will be faster, but nobody wants to do that.
Ugh.. I was afraid that was the answer.

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked in this 48 page thread. I view my videos remotely and at times there is one or two that I would like to download and view/share. I see that long pressing a video in the list on the left allows download of that video, but only in bvr format. Is there a way to have ui2 allow conversion/downloading to BI's specified download location. In my, case I have it set up to go to Dropbox and from there I can access it anywhere.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to have ui2 allow conversion/downloading to BI's specified download location. In my, case I have it set up to go to Dropbox and from there I can access it anywhere.
Blue Iris does not provide this ability through its web server, so there is no way to have UI2 initiate the process.

vialentvia

n3wb
Reaction score
So this update revamps the login page? If I have my users URL point to IP:81/ui2.htm, it will load the default login and take them to UI2 as it should. But if they log out and back in, it takes them to jpegpull or default.htm.
Will this update (by not putting it in the root) solve this? I'd like for UI2 to ALWAYS be used on login.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The new login page does not change where a user will go (behavior remains as you've described above). If you want people sent to ui2.htm, you can set it as the homepage for each user in Blue Iris options. Then when no other page is specified, a user will be sent to ui2.htm.

Edit: Actually, I don't remember if this is new or not, but if you use UI2's logout button it does embed the ui2 URL into the login page so you'd be sent straight back into ui2.

vialentvia

n3wb
Reaction score
That is the logout method for me at least (the logout in UI2). However, it would always return me to jpegpull. Not sure about my other users. I was not aware that you could set the home page by user.

vialentvia

n3wb
Reaction score
I went under each user and edited the home page. I simply put ui2.htm in the box and that is the page that is triggered after the login now without specifying ui2.htm in the URL prior to arriving at the login. Thank you.

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Man, the new server selection list is kicking my butt. I am using this on my home LAN and I no longer can get connected to BI.

Version .17.4

I tried the IP to the computer that BI sits on 192.168.xxx.xxx
I get the Green light on loading Web Content but then it errors out

I don't think I have a username or password.... :)

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Man, the new server selection list is kicking my butt. I am using this on my home LAN and I no longer can get connected to BI.

Version .17.4

I tried the IP to the computer that BI sits on 192.168.xxx.xxx
I get the Green light on loading Web Content but then it errors out

I don't think I have a username or password.... :)
How are you loading UI2 in the first place?

The server selection list has been in for quite a while now (a year maybe?) and you don't need it at all if you only have one Blue Iris server.

The "Web Content" is all loaded from the same server as you loaded ui2.htm from, so it should never fail.

I'm guessing maybe your Blue Iris web server uses a different port than port 80, in which case you need to put that port number into the address after a colon, like this:

Code:
192.168.xxx.xxx:port

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My shortcut on my client stopped working a while back. I never took the time to fix it. (server/ui2.html) While testing yesterday, I used 192.168.xxx.xxx:xx/jpegpull.htm and it worked. Sorry, I am not skilled in networking in general so I am sure that somewhere its explained but I didn't come across it or I didnt understand. :)

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There is not supposed to be a letter L in .htm

ui2 follows the same naming convention as the previously existing Blue Iris web pages (.htm instead of .html)