I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

skarragallagher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does it work properly coming from the inside?

That certainly isn't what you should be seeing. It should look like your previous screenshot

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For whatever reason, I cannot even reach the BI server if attempting to use a device that's coming from the internal LAN.
So...fired up the VPN. Got the login...and the UI looks correct now.

So the $64K question. Why does the UI look like it does from my phone? (Both Chrome and Firefox)

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't read any of today's posts yet, and will get to them later. But I have an update for you all.

v0.14.0 - 2016-04-04
* Replaced the "UI2 Settings" and "Logout" buttons with a new main menu which contains these and other items.
+ Added a System Log viewer to the main menu.
+ Added System Configuration dialog to the main menu.
+ Finally implemented camera properties dialog (in the context menu when long-left-clicking a camera).
+ A message box should now appear if any unexpected script errors occur, whereas previously these typically caused a silent failure.
* Bugfixes

Most of what was added requires you to be logged in to Blue Iris as an administrator. Here are screenshots:

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
For whatever reason, I cannot even reach the BI server if attempting to use a device that's coming from the internal LAN.
So...fired up the VPN. Got the login...and the UI looks correct now.

So the $64K question. Why does the UI look like it does from my phone? (Both Chrome and Firefox)
You are being redirected to /mobile.htm somehow. I suggest you go to Blue Iris options and change your homepage to ui2.htm as this may help get you to the right page.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are once more on fire with the updates, @bp2008. Thanks for all the hard work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Very nice @bp2008. I assume the Disable button in camera settings is a sign of things to come? I guess you'd have to add a hide/unhide disabled cameras button with that though eh. Anyways UI2 is still running great even with the added complexity! Maybe you could add a "make me breakfast" button while your at it since that's on my mind lol.
Thanks for all you do.

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
this has been running fine for a while. today i updated to .14. I get the following:
loading web content: OK
loading server status: BUSY
checking session status: OK
loading camera list: BUSY
unable to contact server

any ideas? builtin ui works fine.

Reaction score
It sounds like maybe you are trying to access your external IP address from the inside. In many cases this doesn't work depending on your firewall, etc.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this has been running fine for a while. today i updated to .14. I get the following:
unable to contact server

Sometimes this happens with an update and most of the time can be fixed by placing the update files into the directory once more and over riding the previous ones.

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use a folder called /www2. i leave the /www as it was. i set my web server settings to point to /www2. been working fine for a long time.

I deleted everything in /www2. I copied all the default /www files into /www2. then i copied/replaced the ui2 files into /www2. i've done this a few times. i still get the same ...

unable to contact server

....but the jpegpull normal page works fine.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are doing something different than the dev says to do you may be breaking a reference in the new code. Why don't you place the files in the www folder? @bp2008 doesn't make any changes to the BI www files, just adding to them I believe.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
unable to contact server

Funny, this version should be popping up an error message if anything went wrong. Try CTRL + F5 to force a full refresh. If that does not work, re-download and re-extract all files again, then CTRL + F5 once more. If still unsuccessful, try F12 or CTRL + SHIFT + I to open developer tools in the browser, and look at the console to see what errors you have. It is normal to not find /ui2/ui2-local-overrides.css or /ui2/ui2-local-overrides.js, but any other message in the console could be relevant.

If you are doing something different than the dev says to do you may be breaking a reference in the new code. Why don't you place the files in the www folder? @bp2008 doesn't make any changes to the BI www files, just adding to them I believe.

I change login.htm and the nothumb.jpg file, but all the other files remain the same. It is fine using a different folder for the BI web server.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice @bp2008. I assume the Disable button in camera settings is a sign of things to come? I guess you'd have to add a hide/unhide disabled cameras button with that though eh. Anyways UI2 is still running great even with the added complexity! Maybe you could add a "make me breakfast" button while your at it since that's on my mind lol.
Thanks for all you do.
Disable and Pause buttons both require significant additional work before they are usable :)

For Pause, there needs to be a way to select how long you want to pause for, and some indication on-screen if a camera is "paused". Likely a yellow circle in the upper right corner of the paused camera, like in the desktop Blue Iris GUI.

Before disabling, there needs to be a way to re-enable cameras. In this case it will likely be a simple list of all cameras with ON/OFF buttons next to them, and you will access this list from the main menu. UI2 will also need to periodically update the camera list in the background, so it can detect when cameras are added, removed, disabled, enabled, paused, unpaused, etc, same as it does with the server status information.

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I normally use safari on a mac. i loaded chrome on the mac and immediately got this:

An unexpected error has occurred in UI2 (version 0.14.0).
A full refresh may solve the problem (CTRL + F5).

If you wish to report the error, please SCREENSHOT the browser now.

Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to read the 'localStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document.
URL: http://192.168.2.149:8071/ui2/ui2.js
Line: 1265
Char: 11

However, ui2 works fine on the BI PC (which I never use...runs headless in a closet). So the issue is on my mac with safari and chrome.

anyone know how to do the full refresh on mac safari/chrome?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I normally use safari on a mac. i loaded chrome on the mac and immediately got this:

An unexpected error has occurred in UI2 (version 0.14.0).
A full refresh may solve the problem (CTRL + F5).

If you wish to report the error, please SCREENSHOT the browser now.

Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to read the 'localStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document.
URL: http://192.168.2.149:8071/ui2/ui2.js
Line: 1265
Char: 11

However, ui2 works fine on the BI PC (which I never use...runs headless in a closet). So the issue is on my mac with safari and chrome.

anyone know how to do the full refresh on mac safari/chrome?
Silly security setting:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24456891/iframe-in-chrome-error-uncaught-securityerror-failed-to-read-the-sessionstora

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can force the refresh in Chrome by holding Shift and click on the refresh icon.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I will see to it that having localStorage disabled will not cause this type of error. It will instead warn the user that settings will not be saved.
The next version should be able to function with localStorage disabled (settings will not survive, though). I am not sure it matters because it turns out if localStorage is disabled, then cookies are more than likely disabled too. UI2 will not function without cookies.

This will be in the next version: