I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I should be able to add that pretty easily. I'll make it stop streaming video (and audio, too, I guess) when the browser is no longer visible. The browser only reports its own visibility as "hidden" when the window is minimized or a different tab in the same window is active. If you have the browser window still open but hidden behind another window, then the UI will have no way of knowing this and it will keep on streaming. Another thing: Status updates and whatnot will continue happening in the background. If I disabled those too, the session would expire after about 1 minute and that is no good. Status updates don't use a lot of bandwidth but it is not something you'd want to leave on 24/7 on a metered data plan.

You might also consider hunting down the idle timeout option in UI2's settings, so you can have it automatically leave the page if UI2 receives no input for a number of minutes.

Jury

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You might also consider hunting down the idle timeout option in UI2's settings, so you can have it automatically leave the page if UI2 receives no input for a number of minutes.
Timeout would be really nice. About status updates on hidden tab, maybe it's possible to reduce updates frequency in that case? Let's say 1 time in 45 sec?

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Conceivably, someone might want the audio to continue even tho the video is not visible.

Perhaps the new behavior could be configurable somehow? So folks who want/like/need the current behavior can keep it...
ie, default behavior remains the same, but can be changed for those who want/need it ("principal of least astonishment", whatnot...)

I'll look for the "idle timeout option in UI2's settings". Thanx!

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
having found the idle timeout setting (duh), I'm thinking my previous suggestion to stop streaming when hidden may not be necessary,
or at least more trouble than it's worth.

as Rosanne Rosanna-Dana used to say: "Never mind..." :)

(I also picture her saying "What's this I hear about 'Clown Computing'?"...)

checho

n3wb
Reaction score
I copied the files in the directory, however, when I login to the server, it is still the old interface. Where should I change to jpegfull2/default2? I don't see such setting in the web server settings

checho

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, we can add this to the first post.

How do we get sound with this - this is the main reason I switched - lack of sound

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
UI2 only supports sound for live cameras, and you'll need to use Chrome or Firefox to get it. Firefox is able to start the audio with less delay. A big speaker icon will appear in the upper left when you are viewing an audio-capable camera or group.

If UI2's sound playback abilities are insufficient for you, you will need to use Internet Explorer on default.htm.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I apologize if this was already covered, I'm not having much luck with the forums search engine tonight. Is there a way to show only alert clips that are flagged?

Reaction score
Silly question here, and I appreciate it may be cause I haven't read something .. when I log in to UI2, I only get a single camera even though I have multiples. When I click on the current camera, all I get is all cameras with none of the cameras listed even though there is in the Blue Iris App.

I can see all the alerts from multiple cameras, just not the live view which is slightly frustrating :(

It may be down to I'm still using the evaluation version of Blue Iris but wanted to check :)

Also forgot to say, many thanks for your hard work on this as it's awesome!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

Make sure your checkbox for "Enable group webcast stream" is enabled for the "All cameras" group

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^^^^ thanks!

A week or two ago, the image quality on my UI2 "All Cameras" page became pretty grainy. Seeing the post above made me investigate the "Specify frame size:" setting in BI, which was 1024 x 768. Changing it up to 1600 x 1200 made everything awesome looking again. I'm not sure how that setting got changed; I have that part of the BI toolbar normally hidden. Just glad to have the image quality back! :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what would have changed a week or two ago. I tried to get Ken to increase that default resolution to look decent on full HD screens, and he did (I think it was months ago now) but then when it started producing streams that were incompatible with the Android app, he reduced it again.

jmunchel

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently setup BI in Demo mode on a Windows Server 2012 machine. I then installed your new Web Interface (which is much nicer by the way). Now I'm suddenly getting the following error when I try to login to the webpage. If I reset the www folder back to the original and remove ui2.htm as the default homepage from the user accounts I can login fine. I was testing this just fine for almost a week on a Windows 10 machine with no problems. When I installed BI on the server I noticed it was a newer version of the software that just recently released. Any ideas?

gif upload 20mb

Reaction score
i had that error when i upgraded to that version that was messed up a couple weeks back.. i did the patch that was posted but BI came out with new versions since then and all have worked fine.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you install this into its own subdirectory and point the BI web server to look there or does it need to be installed in the BI www subdirectory per the instructions?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have Blue Iris using a different web server root directory you can use that. Or you can put it in a subdirectory. Heck you can even run UI2 without a web server these days, just opening ui2.htm in a browser and it will function like a client app.

jmunchel

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't been able to get this error on my own systems yet so I don't know the cause. Likely a bug in Blue Iris.
I just wanted to point out, I updated my BI installation with the update released yesterday June 29th and this error has since gone away.