I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris's overlay shows in live view only, when you record direct to disk. If you view a clip, it should be gone. Though I think it is supposed to also be embedded when you export from .bvr format, I'm not certain if that works.

Anyway you can delete BI's overlay. I think it is at the bottom of the second tab of camera properties.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yep, you have the option now of embedding the BI overlay info or not when you export from .BVR format. It works, I've used it.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK so I went into Blue Iris, picked a cam, properties -> record -> Format and compression -> Direct to Disc

Is this the only setting I need to change? I ask because my overlay of date and time is still there?
If you are seeing it in the recording it is coming from the camera. To be sure try turning it off in the camera.

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK so I went into Blue Iris, picked a cam, properties -> record -> Format and compression -> Direct to Disc

Is this the only setting I need to change? I ask because my overlay of date and time is still there?
Figured it out - overlays still work in live view, but aren't recorded.

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Streaming quality question

I have 9 cameras and I use the "ui2.htm" page to view them. I noticed that if I change the "current camera" setting from all cameras to my group of 4 cameras that I call 'front' the streaming quality is pretty poor. Is there a way to increase the quality when viewing a group?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Increase the resolution for the group, here. 3840x2160 is overkill and kills the frame rate, so don't use that value :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent - I didn't realize that was a Blue Iris setting, glad you posted that pic

Thanks
Yup, one of the things on my list of demands requests for Ken is to be able to set that resolution remotely so I can have the web UI ask the user for permission and then increase it as necessary with one click.

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I hate to be a bother today - but now that I've changed my setup that only 2 days of video is saved in the "new" folder, and the rest are moved to "stored" - the clips view of UI2 only show the clips in the "new" folder... is this a setting I can change to have it show all clips still, or will UI2 only show clips in the new folder?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
UI2 shows clips from both folders. If Blue Iris shows the clip in its clip list, UI2 should also be able to show it, assuming you select an appropriate date range in the date filter. Remember, UI2 will only load the most recent 1000 clips otherwise.

ChrisnAng

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there. I've noticed since just recently using UI2, that the interface becomes unresponsive to ptz commands. It usually occurs about 3 minutes after logging on. Prior to that time, the interface works as expected. Any ideas on where to begin troubleshooting?

Chris

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't imagine what part of UI2 would cause PTZ to stop working after some time. Does refreshing the page solve it?

ChrisnAng

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, as soon as I refresh the page, and log back, it works as expected...for a few minutes. I've tweaked all the settings that "make sense" to me, but nothing has corrected the issue.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well to figure out what is going on, you'd have to inspect the network traffic (all major browsers have built-in developer tools to accommodate this), but unless you are a web developer I wouldn't expect you to be able to discover out what is going wrong.

My thought is that a session got expired, but if that happened, then UI2 would detect it all on its own when the camera list or server status updates failed.

Reaction score
Hello bp2008,

We recently setup a Blue Iris server with about 64 cams and we are having issues with camera group cycling. We would like to see a 4-up on each group and cycle between group1, group2, and group3. Do you know how I would accomplish this with your UI2?

Hi all.

I never particularly liked Blue Iris's remote view web pages. They work, but they lack the simplicity and ease-of-use that I wanted. So I made better ones, and I would like to share them with all of you.

Feedback is very welcome. Just reply to this thread.

NOTICE: If you have updated to Blue Iris 4.1.3.0, you also need to update UI2!

Download custom Blue Iris web pages, including UI2:

For Blue Iris 3.60, 4.x, and later: (always links to the latest version)
http://ipcamtalk.com/bp08/bp2008_bi_webserver_files.zip

For Blue Iris older than version 3.60 with the old camera grid layout:
http://ipcamtalk.com/bp08/bp2008_bi_webserver_files_pre_3.60.zip

Installation Instructions

The zip contains a lot of files. Simply extract all of these into the "www" folder in your Blue Iris install. For basic usage, load the "ui2.htm" page:

http://localhost/ui2.htm - You will probably need to modify the URL to point at your Blue Iris machine.

Press F11 to load full-screen mode, if desired.

Updates

UI2 version 0.9.5 (published Sept 29, 2015) and newer will notify users if an update is available. The update check is performed only at the moment the page loads, no more than one time in a 12 hour period. I also reply to this thread to announce every update.

If you wish to disable update notifications globally for all users, you may find the option in the ui2-local-overrides-template.js file. This file is for advanced users only, and requires a technical mind to understand how to use it.

Features

The zip includes several older pages of my own design, but the recommended page is UI2.

UI2 is designed to surpass and replace all the other web interface pages.

• Click a camera to maximize its size. Click again to go back.
  • Roll the mouse wheel to zoom in and out
  • Collapse the Clip list for full-screen live viewing (press F11 to full-screen your browser too)
  • Advanced clip and alert playback controls, similar to what you get in Blue Iris. This is an ongoing project and may not yet behave well for some users*.
  • Images are loaded at lower resolutions when appropriate to save bandwidth that would otherwise be wasted. Now has support for displays of non-standard DPI.
  • All clips and alerts are shown with thumbnails.
  • Get and set up to 20 presets (dependent on your PTZ cameras). Click to go to a preset. Long-click to set a preset.
  • Each preset that you assign with UI2 gets a thumbnail stored for it, to help you remember what each preset is.
  • html5 audio playback for camera audio. Currently only works with live video streams, and browser support varies.
  • Change the stoplight, profile, and schedule.
  • Trigger, restart, and toggle manual recording on cameras.
  • Some aspects of UI2 are configurable, with settings stored in your browser.
  • Many more features planned.

*Open this spoiler for tips for getting the most out of the advanced clip playback tools, specifically the seek bar.
Tips:
* You need to manually enable the seek bar the first time you wish to use it by clicking on the Enable Seek Bar checkbox in the new playback controls panel. This panel appears while you are playing a clip or alert. In a future release, the seek bar will be enabled by default.
* Using the seek bar automatically pauses video playback. However if you double-click the seek bar, playback will resume from the position you double-clicked.
* Try all the buttons. You can speed up playback, slow it down, play clips in reverse, and have the playback either stop or start over when finished.

Blue Iris version 3 is incapable of providing completely accurate information about the duration of clips. The inaccuracy is usually only a second or two, which is fairly insignificant. However if you are using Combine and Cut options to merge multiple alerts into one clip, then UI2 may believe your clips are minutes or hours longer than they really are, and the seek bar will be wildly inaccurate. If this affects you, I recommend viewing recordings through the Alerts list whenever possible as I believe it is only the Clips list that is subject to this large amount of inaccuracy. Blue Iris 4 does not have this problem.

login.htm

A replacement login page is included. It can remember your user name and password and log you in automatically. Blue Iris may overwrite this when it updates, so you may need to re-extract it regularly.

Legacy page information (jpegpull2, etc) is in this spoiler block:

jpegpull2.htm

• Images are loaded at lower resolutions when appropriate to save bandwidth that would otherwise be wasted on a standard-DPI display.
  • Click a camera to full-screen it in full resolution. Click again to go back.
  • More efficient use of screen space.
  • Left menu is resizable.
  • Compatible with virtually any browser that supports javascript (like a smartphone).
  • More clip thumbnails shown (in a scrollable panel).

default2.htm

• Same as jpegpull2.htm above, but using Blue Iris' ActiveX control for higher frame rates and lower bandwidth usage in Internet Explorer
  • Click-a-camera-to-full-screen is not supported on this page

allcams.htm

• No menus, margins, or extra junk to get in the way. Just live camera views.
  • Click a camera to full-screen it in full resolution. Click again to go back.
  • Bandwidth-conservation mode: Enabled by adding a URL parameter named internetmode.

Example:
    http://localhost/allcams.htm?internetmode=1000 - Enables internet mode with a delay of 1000 ms (one second) between image requests.

Using this parameter enforces a configurable delay between finishing one image request and starting the next. Also, when this parameter is used, the image will automatically stop updating after 10 minutes and the user will be quietly instructed to refresh the page.

groups.htm

• Same as allcams.htm above, except you can use the number keys and the + and - keys (or on-screen buttons) to navigate between your camera groups.
  • In order to use groups.htm, you will need to open groups.js and modify the Group and Camera Configuration section at the top. Simply replace the example group and camera IDs with your own, being careful to follow the same formatting practices that appear in the example configuration. It should be pretty self-explanatory, but there are a few notes in groups.js to help explain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Live viewing over LAN? Try the Java app.

Full-screened on a high-resolution monitor, it is more responsive than any of the web-based viewers. It is a bit more complex to set up, uses a lot of CPU and network resources compared to the web pages, but it provides a better experience if responsiveness is of higher concern than efficiency.

The Java app includes an optional Instant Replay feature which you can use to easily look back through recently downloaded images and re-watch something you missed.

More information can be found in this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People won't stop asking how to donate.

Nobody has to donate. UI2 and all my custom Blue Iris pages are and always will be free. Seriously folks, put your money toward more cameras or a CPU upgrade or something.

If you really can't help but give me some of your money, use this link:

https://www.paypal.me/bp2008

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello bp2008,

We recently setup a Blue Iris server with about 64 cams and we are having issues with camera group cycling. We would like to see a 4-up on each group and cycle between group1, group2, and group3. Do you know how I would accomplish this with your UI2?
A 4-up? I don't know what you're talking about.

You can set up a cycle between groups of cameras though.

As of some recent BI update, the All Cameras group cycle will show entire groups instead of individual cameras. To set this up, first create group1, group2, group3, etc with the desired cameras. Choose each group in the dropdown in the lower left corner, and click the gear icon where you can check the box "participate in group cycle". Then when you view the All Cameras cycle, it will cycle between the groups you chose to participate.

PsyberEMT

n3wb
Reaction score
I registered on this forum for the sole purpose of saying THANK YOU! I've tried iSpy, Netcam Studio, and a couple other NVR applications before trying BI. My only complaint about BI was the crap web interface. Yours is slick, quick and great to look at. BI should be thanking you! :)

Reaction score
I have done the update and created the group but nothing happens. Will this work in UI2? I have users that want to see the cycle of camera groups on a viewer such as the web viewer.

A 4-up? I don't know what you're talking about.

You can set up a cycle between groups of cameras though.

As of some recent BI update, the All Cameras group cycle will show entire groups instead of individual cameras. To set this up, first create group1, group2, group3, etc with the desired cameras. Choose each group in the dropdown in the lower left corner, and click the gear icon where you can check the box "participate in group cycle". Then when you view the All Cameras cycle, it will cycle between the groups you chose to participate.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have done the update and created the group but nothing happens. Will this work in UI2? I have users that want to see the cycle of camera groups on a viewer such as the web viewer.
You need to have at least two groups, and then you need to make sure the "participate in group cycle" option is checked under each group's settings within Blue Iris (I think by default, groups are automatically selected to be included in the "group cycle" option...at least mine were). Then, in UI2, select "All cameras cycle" option from the camera groups selection drop down menu. It worked fine for me. Very cool and glad that new option in Blue Iris (and UI2) has been added.

Reaction score
I've thought I'd start experimenting with Microsoft Edge and UI2 seems to be giving a strange error. This is happening on three different PCs and Chrome, Firefox and IE all run without the error. It's just Edge that seems to be playing up.

Can any kind soul point me in the right direction here?

Capture.JPG