I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great app, appreciate the hard work.
I can't seem to get audio playback on recorded clips.
Live video, no problem. What am I missing? I have the play audio automatically turned on, but can't play audio on recorded clips, the audio speaker icon has the X there.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Great app, appreciate the hard work.
I can't seem to get audio playback on recorded clips.
Live video, no problem. What am I missing? I have the play audio automatically turned on, but can't play audio on recorded clips, the audio speaker icon has the X there.
That is normal for UI2. Its audio support is extremely limited.

I suggest you try UI3: Blue Iris UI3

UI3 supports a new method of streaming that provides H.264 video and audio for both live and recorded playback. Internet Explorer and Firefox do not support this method, but most other modern browsers do. Firefox should support it within its next few major updates.

Last edited:

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is normal for UI2. Its audio support is extremely limited.

I suggest you try UI3: Blue Iris UI3

UI3 supports a new method of streaming that provides H.264 video and audio for both live and recorded playback. Internet Explorer and Firefox do not support this method, but most other modern browsers do. Firefox should support it within its next few major updates.

Thanks. I missed that.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, I've scoured the posts but can't find the answer to a question I have...
I have a neighborhood login setup to view my owlcam but I don't want anyone to get into the UI settings.
Is there a way to restrict access to that area?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think there is a flag in the local overrides file, but don't worry about it... all those settings are stored in the browser, not shared between users.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ahhh. I think I just now read that in the help file but appreciate the response.

Trond

n3wb
Reaction score
So, great add on to Blue Iris!
Question, how do I delete the clips listed on the left side?
I know I should RTFM, but this thread is 64 pages long ;)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There's a help file too, built in to UI3 (not really searchable though).

To answer your question though, right-click (or long press if you use a touchscreen) and there will be a delete option in the context menu. If you select multiple clips (with CTRL, SHIFT, or both) then you can delete multiple items at once.

Trond

n3wb
Reaction score
Thx for the quick reply!
I´m embarrassed to say that I was running UI2.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
:)

UI2 has deletion too, available only via the long-press context menu which ironically doesn't work on touchscreens. UI2 doesn't have multi-select though.

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BP2008 - thanks for all your years of hard work on this. I see UI3 is available with the latest version of blue iris. Will you be discontinuing UI2 development then? The "Blue Iris Tools" program also removed the button to update the UI2 files now... In our business we have six blue iris servers and use the snot out of the multi server part of UI2... I don't see that in UI3. So either I'm missing where to find the feature in UI3, or we'll be staying on UI2 indefinitely. Thoughts?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
BP2008 - thanks for all your years of hard work on this. I see UI3 is available with the latest version of blue iris. Will you be discontinuing UI2 development then? The "Blue Iris Tools" program also removed the button to update the UI2 files now... In our business we have six blue iris servers and use the snot out of the multi server part of UI2... I don't see that in UI3. So either I'm missing where to find the feature in UI3, or we'll be staying on UI2 indefinitely. Thoughts?
I'm no longer actively developing UI2. If something breaks in a BI update I'll probably fix it, but I'm not planning to add any new features.

The main reason I gave UI2 that server select thing was that most BI servers don't have UI2, or have an old version, and it was getting to be a pain always having to install or update UI2 everywhere.

UI3 comes with Blue Iris now, so just keeping Blue Iris up to date will keep UI3 up to date and available on every server. A server select menu in UI3 would be little more than a glorified bookmarks toolbar folder. One that doesn't even sync between your devices. Do you really want that?

I mean, there is no technical reason it can't be done. But there will be times in the future where a UI3 update will make it incompatible with all the Blue Iris versions that came before it. I'm not going to go out of my way to ensure backwards-compatibility.

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can see where you're coming from. It just felt like a complete solution to have all the servers tied together and the login process being automatic without delay, etc. The bookmark/cookies never carried between devices anyway - but once it was setup for our users, everyone was quite happy.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is fair, the server-select thing is a little faster thanks to not having to go through the login page again for every server.

You might be interested to know that in later versions of the login page, the automatic login delay can be turned off via a context menu (right click) on "Log in automatically". If you need to adjust saved credentials later, use the "Log Out" button in UI2 or UI3 and it will temporarily suppress the automatic login.

Speaking of which, I'm probably going to remove the login page from UI2 releases now since there's no way I'm going to be keeping it up to date in the UI2 release zip.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello @bp2008, I really want to thank you for all the hard work you have put forth over the years with UI2. I like UI3 and it is a definite improvement over what was there. However, in my POV UI2 is pretty much perfection, I just can't imagine it any better, and it's very difficult to improve on perfection. :) I just want to say we really do appreciate all the hard work and effort you have put into both these amazing interfaces.

Iain

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @bp2008! I'm another one of your grateful fans using UI2/3.

I currently use Rpi3's for remote viewing in Chromium which works really well on UI2. Unfortunately, UI3 is too resource intensive for that little box :-(

Any ideas for modding the Pi, or configuring UI3 to allow it to work?

Thanks again!!

ocyberbum

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, i also wanted thank bp2008, UI2 has been my go to since i bought blue iris, and until it no longer works i will be using it since UI3 doesn't load on my tablet browser, UI2 has worked great on my tablets and android boxes around the house since it is easier for others to use. I know its not probably designed for this and there is a mobile app for android but that app is another story, and really the only good option when mobile. The UI2 for my family has made it simple and easy to set up access for all the tablets/android boxes, so ill be using both for now