I think my IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M dual camera is dying..

Nickg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been losing the signal on my dual camera off and on for the last 6 months . For the last month it has been pretty much everyday .

what i tried...

..remove camera and clean(camera end) replace both connection of cat 6 wire
..upgrade camera to the newest firmware
.. reset camera and remove all connections(i have 6 cameras) and reset nvr. Connect all cameras one by one .
..finally, remove dual camera and swap with another and different line indoors(garage) .
The camera i swapped is working fine .. the 4231 cam with the problems put indoors (garage) failed again .

is there anything else i can try?

beels

n3wb
Reaction score
How does your camera pigtail look? Inspect the pins inside the camera connector for corrosion - with a magnifying glass.

I recently had this exact same issue, followed the same troubleshooting steps as you, and determined that the camera pigtail was damaged and/or corroded,

Nickg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How does your camera pigtail look? Inspect the pins inside the camera connector for corrosion - with a magnifying glass.

I recently had this exact same issue, followed the same troubleshooting steps as you, and determined that the camera pigtail was damaged and/or corroded,
What did you end up doing ?

Nickg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I replaced the camera.
Then later, I replaced the pigtail on the old camera and got it working. May deploy it elsewhere or keep as a spare.
did you just cut off the end and replace the female connector or is the pigtail complete with a connector to the board of the camera?

beels

n3wb
Reaction score
did you just cut off the end and replace the female connector or is the pigtail complete with a connector to the board of the camera?
On my camera, the other end is connectorized and connects to a socket on the circuit board. You could also splice on a new connector, but that isn't what I did, because it seems kind of hack to me.
Earlier today, I posted details about what I did.

Does your pigtail have any damage or corrosion? There are other issues you could have with your camera such as a cmos failure or water intrusion.

Nickg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On my camera, the other end is connectorized and connects to a socket on the circuit board. You could also splice on a new connector, but that isn't what I did, because it seems kind of hack to me.

Does your pigtail have any damage or corrosion? There are other issues you could have with your camera such as a cmos failure or water intrusion.
no damage or corrosion to pigtail..

Interesting observation..the camera is getting power. I see the IR lights are on and the camera is warm. But no picture on nvr( can’t find network host error).

i removed the 5421 (port7j and replaced it with an extra 5231 that I had. I plugged it in port 8 and got two feeds(D7 and D8) showing the same picture.

i don’t understand..

Nickg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

i just read your info from your recent post of the problem you were having with the 5231 . Some really good info there . Thank you!