identify

Nothyme

n3wb
Reaction score
Found this looking over my fence. Can't find the make and model. Anyone recognize it. Wireless.

new camera.jpg

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
That's really creepy. Do you have a way of covering it without leaving your property or trespassing?

lifeatredline

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like an Amcrest camera. That is super creepy and totally unacceptable. If I saw that at my place, and wanted red handed evidence I would take my tplink cpe210 and point it right at the camera and stream youtube through it. monitoring the local 2.4ghz networks and switching to his channel every time he switches. Id have one of my cams pointed at the camera in the tree. When the idiot climbs up there to see why his frame rate is 0-2fps, and crashing constantly then give video to LE.

lifeatredline

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another thing you can do is order this infrared illuminator and mount it pointed right at the camera from the center of it's field of view. As soon as it gets dark and he looks at the video feed, he will be taking the camera down, lol. JC Infrared Illuminator 4 Led High Power LED IR Array Illuminator IR Lamp Wide Angle for Night Vision CCTV and IP Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D73XM24/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uq.JCbRTSNYMJ

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

lifeatredline

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is how bright that little $12 illuminator is, when the camera wasnt dimming down from it reflecting back off objects, it easily would reach the next block over and will certainly blind a camera.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I assume the camera is NOT on your property? Have you thought about calling the police and filing a formal complaint? What about putting something on your property that blocks the view. Or point some spotlights / IR lights at it to blind it.

Either way you may want to call the police. I know it's not illegal to record your neighbors property if the intent is to record yours and some of theirs in in your view, but I'm not sure if it's legal to patently record your neighbors.

Call the police, report it on Facebook and that neighbors website (I forgot what it's called), knock on some of your neighbors doors and tell them what you are dealing with. This is stalker'ish

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HI @Nothyme

What view do you think the camera is directed at?

Sunset? Sun rise? back of your house?

Can we guess at intent?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
looks like a foscam or clone. Its likely dead or providing a crap image anyway..

hikwpg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Green high intensity laser pointer.
Shine right into lens for awhile.
Does wonders to the cmos sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Given that the camera appears to be angled down, I doubt it's a "skyview" for WeatherUnderground. My preference would be the "ballistic" solution but that has legal implications. The laser would do wonders for it. Extending a piece of plywood up from the fence would do the trick quite easily without destroying the camera, someone else's property.