Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would never buy another Huisun Now as it was when they first showed up on the market 2 years ago and never knew they would become so unreliable as you are saying but fingers /toes crossed mines a 1.3mp 20x PTZ and what I have read the small 4x and 10x was having failure problem. I did read the thread you linked above to the wiper just 10 mins before you posted it :)

Being honest I don't give a rats shit if it fails now as I have a proper Camera sat in the dining room ready to replace it.
That's exactly myself train of thought as well.
All my huisin are first generation both ptz and bullet.

Do I feel sorry for people having failure? Definitely do as it's not nice when they just dissappear with no support into the dead of night.

At the same time people have to be aware that anything new can go that way

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Same here. I have 4 Huisun's/Imporx (and only one has died, and that was on the hottest day of last summer. I replaced my deck Huisun with this Dahua 25x PTZ camera. I'm really liking the Dahua so far. The PT is a whole lot faster than the Huisun and IQ is great. Well the SD59225U-HNI does cost a few pennies more though. :)
I can't wait to get mine and have a play with it.

It certainly does cost a few pennies more but from the demos you are getting a lot more.

And let's be honest the price range I surveillance terms is still budget compared to some of the big guns gear price!!!

That's my treat to myself for the year anyway!!

I got to invest a lot of money into the business this summer to move up a level in terms of what I do so it will be hand to mouth for a few months then whilst I get that side on its feet.

At least I can dream of the stars oh starlights if it all goes Tits up and falls flat on its arse.

I'm sure you can judge from my previous posts I like to take risks lol and on the business side this is a massive risk.
I've put it off for 2 years whilst the daughter got a bit older to take some strain off of it just in case. But in order to compete I've got to do it

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You Sold that Old Rusty Lexus yet :)
Got a new one mucka or did I have that 1 before when you were peeking through my cam lol (the white IS300h F Sport)
Got a new van as well lol

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Was laying in bed and looking at the ptz on my phone and noticed it keeps changing from night vision to color, it's in a dark room with only some light coming in the door way but does it even when I point it away from the door into pitch black, anyone else experience that? If I force it onto night mode it works fine of course.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The plot thickens
You can say that again. I decided to gather all the specifications and put them onto a spreadsheet to compare and was quite suprised to see that the PFB300S has a lower load bearing capacity than the PFB303W which doesn't make sense considering the SD59225U-HNI is heavier than the SD49225T-HN.

pfb300s-vs-pfb303w.jpg

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I feel like I am doing deeper down the rabbit hole in search of an answer to this compatibility question. I thought, what do Dahua list as a compatible wall mount for the stonking ~$1600 Ultra SD6AL240-HNI a PFB303W with a PFA111 mount adaptor... what?

Is the pro series the odd one out or something to use this mukkinese battle horn wall mount.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I feel like I am doing deeper down the rabbit hole in search of an answer to this compatibility question. I thought, what do Dahua list as a compatible wall mount for the stonking ~$1600 Ultra SD6AL240-HNI a PFB303W with a PFA111 mount adaptor... what?

Is the pro series the odd one out or something to use this mukkinese battle horn wall mount.
I wish I was over there as I'd just order 1 to physically try myself
I'm confident it would fit but being in the UK it would work out expensive if it didn't.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wish I was over there as I'd just order 1 to physically try myself
I'm confident it would fit but being in the UK it would work out expensive if it didn't.
100% agree with you there. I have sent an email off to Dahua international, waiting to see what they have to say.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have one coming. I'm in NY so it will be here tomorrow. It was ~$24. I'll keep you posted. I'll have to disassemble the PFB300S and try it.

If it works, I'll send it to someone. I have the original that came with the SD59225U-HNI, a new one coming from Andy and this one. I don't need two extra mounts.....

SD

Attachments

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have one coming. I'm in NY so it will be here tomorrow. It was ~$24. I'll keep you posted. I'll have to disassemble the PFB300S and try it.

If it works, I'll send it to someone. I have the original that came with the SD59225U-HNI, a new one coming from Andy and this one. I don't need two extra mounts.....

SD
Huge props @Solar Deity for jumping in the deep end and giving this a crack to answer the question once and for all! It's certainty a lot cheaper for you compared to myself when you include the shipping cost to Australia which alone is $30USD via Andy and DHL.

Thanks and please keep us updated :).

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On a much brighter note, I successfully set up auto tracking, and a Bosch PIR in to the alarm block to activate a PTZ preset!! I don't have the best test environment, but the tracking is awesome.

@Arjun, I can confirm that you are able to assign any of the alarm channels to any camera channels. My NVR5208-8P-4KS2 has 4 alarm inputs. I used the two Bosch PIR sensors in to Alarms 1 & 2 and set two presets, both to camera channel 2, (where the SD59225U-HNI resides). It works like a charm.

This camera rocks. Will be sad when I install it on my friends pole barn on 3/18. I've had many late nights and much fun learning and playing.

I'll let everyone know if the new wall mount PFB303W accepts the adapter, PFA110, from the PFB300S.

SD

Here is my original mount when plumb. I can make it work. About 3/4" off.

Attachments

Last edited:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On a much brighter note, I successfully set up auto tracking, and a Bosch PIR in to the alarm block to activate a PTZ preset!! I don't have the best test environment, but the tracking is awesome.

@Arjun, I can confirm that you are able to assign any of the alarm channels to any camera channels. My NVR5208-8P-4KS2 has 4 alarm inputs. I used the two Bosch PIR sensors in to Alarms 1 & 2 and set two presets, both to camera channel 2, (where the SD59225U-HNI resides). It works like a charm.

This camera rocks. Will be sad when I install it on my friends pole barn on 3/18. I've had many late nights and much fun learning and playing.

I'll let everyone know if the new wall mount PFB303W accepts the adapter from the PFB300S.

SD

Here is my original mount when plumb. I can make it work. About 3/4" off.
Definitely keep us all posted as I've convinced myself it should fit going off the specs.

If it does fit and you want to sell on and willing to post to uk (I don't know how much international shipping is from the states) I'd be happy to take it from you

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I successfully set up auto tracking, and a Bosch PIR in to the alarm block to activate a PTZ preset!! I don't have the best test environment, but the tracking is awesome.
Excellent. I am planning on using some sensors in my install so I appreciate the feedback.

Cure that sadness and buy one for yourself!

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

SD
did the ebay seller have more?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
China QC not the best in the world especially if out sourced, more on volume and profit. I have to agree with the above you must be completely blind if you can not see the bracket is out of square just by looking at it alone.

*EDIT**
Post #21 Looney's pictures look the opposite and bent to far so the camera leans inwards.

Just checked and My bracket is square. The board in my test rig wasn't plumb apparently.