Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the old 12x Black Face PTZ I have on my house is certainly square.. this seems to be a recent development because we had lot of ppl using these mounts for years and it was not until these new starlights hit the streets that its been seen.. brand new cameras that were just manufactured are not old stock laying around.

Metal Fab is most certainly outsourced, Dahua factory wont have pipe benders, welders, powder coating/painting booths and stuff.. just people assembling cameras from batches of circuit boards, optical components, etc.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
the old 12x Black Face PTZ I have on my house is certainly square.. this seems to be a recent development because we had lot of ppl using these mounts for years and it was not until these new starlights hit the streets that its been seen.. brand new cameras that were just manufactured are not old stock laying around.

Metal Fab is most certainly outsourced, Dahua factory wont have pipe benders, welders, powder coating/painting booths and stuff.. just people assembling cameras from batches of circuit boards, optical components, etc.
I'm waiting on Andy's reply to see if he's gonna send me one, I guess if the worst case scenario is me having to buy a bracket from B&H for $20 it's not the end of the world.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
said he's gonna send one a long with my ultra bullet, go dahua go, I wanna mount that bad boy out front something fierce lol.

Gilles0181

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
... I can confirm that you are able to assign any of the alarm channels to any camera channels. My NVR5208-8P-4KS2 has 4 alarm inputs. I used the two Bosch PIR sensors in to Alarms 1 & 2 and set two presets, both to camera channel 2, (where the SD59225U-HNI resides). It works like a charm. ...
So would you advise buying a NVR5208-8P-4KS2? And does it also work with for example Foscam cameras?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So would you advise buying a NVR5208-8P-4KS2? And does it also work with for example Foscam cameras?
For my solution, the 8 port was double what I needed. This is for a customer/friend and I went with the onboard POE model for ease of use.

In hindsight, I will get the 5208 for my home, but without the POE on baord. I prefer the stand alone POE switch on the same subnet for administration purposes. A little harder to administer, but really negligent if you've ever done any networking.

I only have experience with Dahua cameras. they set themselves up basically, plug and play.

SD

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
For my solution, the 8 port was double what I needed. This is for a customer/friend and I went with the onboard POE model for ease of use.

In hindsight, I will get the 5208 for my home, but without the POE on baord. I prefer the stand alone POE switch on the same subnet for administration purposes. A little harder to administer, but really negligent if you've ever done any networking.

I only have experience with Dahua cameras. they set themselves up basically, plug and play.

SD
So are you saying it's negligent to have cameras on the same subnet as anything else?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Huh? That's some serious deductive reasoning.....
I will be honest, I was confused about what you meant and if you were saying you'd have the camera system on the same subnet as the rest of the network or not. Although as far as I know all NVR's make you run the cameras on their own little subnet and it handles dhcp and all for the cameras. I personally don't think it's a big deal to have the cameras on the same subnet as everything else, if someone wants to hack your shit, having stuff on a different subnet isn't going to help you much, if they got into your main vlan, they already owned your shit and can go to any other vlan lol.

Gilles0181

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well i would be only using it for this cam and a cam which i monitor up front, so i only need 2 (or 4 max) ports. I don't need POE either since i am always more of separation of concerns and powering the cams directly.
This runs Linux right? Means it doesn't run Blue Iris software? And the 5208 looks like i have to run video cables to it. I rather have it record straight from my the network cables.

I am in IT (software architect) so setting up a network is no problem; i have wired my own house with 1GB network.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@hmjgriffon I thought it would be easier to get the onboard POE from reading here. The system is for a friend. Once I "handed" the system off to him, and he decides to add cameras, that would be easiest for everyone.

In hindsight, after setting 2 cameras up, and playing with everything for a couple weeks now, I prefer a stand alone POE switch. I am not using the POE ports from the NVR as we speak. I just have the cams attached to my home network with external power. It's easier for me. YMMV I don't want to "teach" my friend the nuances of networking.

I just picked up a Microsemi PD-9012G/AC on ebay for $100. Way overkill, but I like nice shit.

SD

I do use a VPN.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
@hmjgriffon I thought it would be easier to get the onboard POE from reading here. The system is for a friend. Once I "handed" the system off to him, and he decides to add cameras, that would be easiest for everyone.

In hindsight, after setting 2 cameras up, and playing with everything for a couple weeks now, I prefer a stand alone POE switch. I am not using the POE ports from the NVR as we speak. I just have the cams attached to my home network with external power. It's easier for me. YMMV I don't want to "teach" my friend the nuances of networking.

I just picked up a Microsemi PD-9012G/AC on ebay for $100. Way overkill, but I like nice shit.

SD

I do use a VPN.
Got me a 24 port version.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No worries @looney2ns . Much respect to @hmjgriffon. He helps out many people here, along with the other gurus that provide so much support to everyone.

I'm seasoned and have been out in the work force for 30+ years, so my skin is quite thick. I appreciate the forward and direct approach the gurus on here use in their support. If they beat around the bush, they'd be here all day and night, which they are already!

SD

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
No worries @looney2ns . Much respect to @hmjgriffon. He helps out many people here, along with the other gurus that provide so much support to everyone.

I'm seasoned and have been out in the work force for 30+ years, so my skin is quite thick. I appreciate the forward and direct approach the gurus on here use in their support. If they beat around the bush, they'd be here all day and night, which they are already!

SD
LOL you must be pretty burned out then, I know I'm getting there, dunno what field I would go to though.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I haven't done the same thing for 30 years, and computers are my hobby. Those I've been messing with since the Commodore VIC20!

The PFB303W is here. I'll probably need a hand removing the SD59225U-HNI so I don't drop it. As soon as I know, I'll let you guys know if it's a green light.

SD

My gut tells me it will work by just looking at it.

PFB303W.JPG

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't done the same thing for 30 years, and computers are my hobby. Those I've been messing with since the Commodore VIC20!

The PFB303W is here. I'll probably need a hand removing the SD59225U-HNI so I don't drop it. As soon as I know, I'll let you guys know if it's a green light.

SD

View attachment 16062

YAAASSSSSS, also make sure it's squared lol.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

SD

View attachment 16062
I think it will work too!

I'm dying with anticipation now!!

To me it was just logic that if all numbers are the same it cannot not work.

I guarantee that that nobody had physically tried it even Andy and it'll be because dahua don't actually supply the bracket with this particular model so just said it won't fit!

I prefer those type of brackets as well I think they look much cleaner when mounted