Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Funny you mention that - I almost thought of a test install to see if they were compensating for some sort of lens distortion or something. I doubt it, but...
Maybe, if they were ALL off by the same amount that would make sense, I layed mine on the counter and lined it up with the two edges and it was off 1/4" with the measuring tape, would that matter a whole lot up high in the air 8 or 10'? Mine would tilt the ptz up so maybe not, it IS kind of annoying though, it can be worked around in various ways, but I feel bad for poor Andy, he's got people left and right getting these brackets that are all off by different amounts lol. How can you build the camera so well and f the brackets up so bad?

n0xlf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@hmjgriffon - Someone mentioned an out of whack jig, which I would tend to believe. I wouldn't think that they are manually adjusting and welding these, although the difference in error seems to suggest it. I would also guess that this basic stuff (mounts, brackets, etc.) is outsourced to third party factories.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
@hmjgriffon - Someone mentioned an out of whack jig, which I would tend to believe. I wouldn't think that they are manually adjusting and welding these, although the difference in error seems to suggest it. I would also guess that this basic stuff (mounts, brackets, etc.) is outsourced to third party factories.
Could be, could be. Maybe we are not alone and dahua will have to do a recall.

ypl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe, if they were ALL off by the same amount that would make sense, I layed mine on the counter and lined it up with the two edges and it was off 1/4" with the measuring tape, would that matter a whole lot up high in the air 8 or 10'? Mine would tilt the ptz up so maybe not, it IS kind of annoying though, it can be worked around in various ways, but I feel bad for poor Andy, he's got people left and right getting these brackets that are all off by different amounts lol. How can you build the camera so well and f the brackets up so bad?
That would make sens, is there anybody who got straight wallmount? If it's a faulty batch then it means they don't have any QA because you can tell it's not straight by just looking at it, you don't need any measuring tools. Nevertheless the camera looks decent and very well made, I'll try to mount it this Saturday and see how it works in real life.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah mine tilts up, might not really be an issue but ya know lol and I was gonna mount mine on a pole so it really needs to be sealed

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The bracket on the SD49225T-HN looks much better and neater, shame it would not fit this camera.
I would like to know the reason why it isn't compatible, as @reeves1985 pointed out the pipe and thread diameter is the same.

Also the yellow booklet that came with the camera used the PFB303W in it's illustration not the PFB300S, probably just so they don't have to print two different versions but thought that was interesting to note.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I would like to know the reason why it isn't compatible, as @reeves1985 pointed out the pipe and thread diameter is the same.

Also the yellow booklet that came with the camera used the PFB303W in it's illustration not the PFB300S, probably just so they don't have to print two different versions but thought that was interesting to note.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I am not sure why it's not compatible. Andy just said it wasn't but all the specs on pipe and thread are the same through both models

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Andy states "PFB303 not suits" on post 447
He did but never actually explained the reason.
All we have to go on is the spec sheet which seems to make the fixings on both cameras identical

n0xlf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The PFB303W is definitely nicer - PFA110, which comes with these cameras, always shows matched with the PFB300S. The PFA111 always shows matched with the PFB303W, however the threaded end seems to be the same for both. Their own flow chart (http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/download/Accessory_Selection_2017012354.pdf) shows the PFA110/PFA111 and PFB300S/PFB303W, but not with the PFB111/PFB303W used with this series.

Might be worth an $18 experiment for people in the US: Dahua Technology Water-Proof Wall Mount Bracket for Dome PFB303W

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you go straight onto the dahua website
and go to wall mount section the mount for this camera is not even listed

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Gut instinct here is telling me it will fit fine.
I see no reason why it would not.

Maybe they are hard to obtain on their own.

I would order one but the shipping to uk is expensive other than slow boat and by the time it arrived from slow ship I'll have it mounted lol

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you go look under accessories on the Dahua Website the PFB303 is not in the list.
Must be a different thread or something.
I think its a region thing myself
As mentioned it's only on the US site.

Plus if you look on the camera on the dahua website
None on the mounts are listed in the accessories section for the camera.
Yet everything else is.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They are Only £20 Aliexpress but as you stated shipping time is the downtime here as I want it up and mounted.
Shop PFB303W online Gallery - Buy PFB303W for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com

Is it compatible with the PFA120 back box?
I would imagine so as it has a lot of holes lol!

I'm the same when it comes I want it up.

Anybody got a dead huisun speed dome to try that mount
Fairly standard mount type by looms of it camera secures by thumb screws same as huisun.

That would be interesting Haha

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Same, I'm waiting to find out how much the pfa140 is, gonna see if I can find a box at home depot instead also, but I still need the pole mount piece

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk