Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Please try it and tell me I'm right!

I love it when I'm proved right Haha

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it'll be most noticeable when your trying to pan the horizon at high zoom.. most people wont notice a slightly off level PTZ, but like @CaliGirl had a great reason why you want level.. she mounted a high zoom dahua PTZ to a tree slightly off level.. she could see the shore on the opposite side of the lake at full zoom but panning left right went down/up and had to be corrected.. no nice smooth panning of the shorleline because it was cockeyed.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Plus with this bracket providing it all fits will make install easier because it has a slot for the cable so can use a normal junction box below it

n0xlf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But more importantly, is it level? Sure looks like it. It wouldn't even be easily possible for it not to be with that design...

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But more importantly, is it level? Sure looks like it. It wouldn't even be easily possible for it not to be with that design...
It's I didn't actually mount it but it looks to be perfectly square and plumb. I'll take a pic or two of it squared up against something.

What is nicer about this mount is the waterproof gasket. It is designed differently and more robust/thicker.

SD

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've already linked gun because I asked for this mount instead of the other.
I asked as well but was told it wasn't compatible and wasn't in stock etc.

It looks at lot more professional with that mount.

Just need to find one that the shipping is reasonable without having to go the slow boar route

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

Just need to find one that the shipping is reasonable without having to go the slow boar route
I'm gonna get mine with my ultra starlight when they fix it, hopefully soon.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also, is the bolt pattern the same as the other mount?
In my best, "My Cousin Vinny" prosecutor voice......Identical!

Looks to be spot on and square.

This actually comes with the waterproof gasket. It's ribbed and twice as stout as the waterproof junction box gaskets. The PFA110, or at least the one included with the camera, doesn't come with a gasket.

Square.JPG Gasket.JPG

You can tell the original is off by a little.

Bolt Pattern-Square.JPG

SD

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

This actually comes with the waterproof gasket. It's ribbed and twice as stout as the waterproof junction box gaskets. The PFA110, or at least the one included with the camera, doesn't come with a gasket.

View attachment 16077 View attachment 16078

View attachment 16079

SD
Excellent, my mount didn't come with a gasket anyways, I'm definitely getting this mount, how are you going to do the pigtail? Does it come out of the bottom or can you hide it in the mount

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I agree. It does look more professional. It's also a little deeper so the camera will sit out a little farther. Better for my corner mount situation, although probably barely discernible.

SD

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Excellent, my mount didn't come with a gasket anyways, I'm definitely getting this mount, how are you going to do the pigtail? Does it come out of the bottom or can you hide it in the mount
I'm going to try and get it in the waterproof j-box. I've been planning for a couple weeks and got the full corner mount solution. Mounting is tentatively next Saturday. I'll take a bunch of pics.

Full Mount.JPG

SD

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm going to try and get it in the waterproof j-box. I've been planning for a couple weeks and got the full corner mount solution. Mounting is tentatively next Saturday. I'll take a bunch of pics.

View attachment 16080

SD
The way I would do it I'll lift the gasket and put the cable out of the notch that's there and use a waterproof cheap junction box to the side of the mount.
That's the way I've done the huisun and it looks a good install.

That way should you ever need to get to the connections you don't need to remove the camera

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

View attachment 16077 View attachment 16078

View attachment 16079

SD
It makes the supplied mount look very poor!

Look how far off it is!

That and I think it looks cheap.

To me it looks like the mount for this camera was an afterthought and source as cheaply as possible.

Strange decision but probably a cost cutting factor against the higher priced domes