Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, i installed it and it works. My version info is now:

View attachment 17974

Now let's see if that one works for me.
Well, i can confirm that it works! My zoom in autotracking is back. It takes some time to focus right, but this is workable for me.

I'm now on this version:

version after sept 2016 firmware update.JPG

Check out the samples:

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, i can confirm that it works! My zoom in autotracking is back. It takes some time to focus right, but this is workable for me.

I'm now on this version:

View attachment 17975

Check out the samples:

Did you make any changes in the Global Tab?

Installed this and right off I can say the night settings are much worse for my area. The 2017 FW had a SmartIR setting for the IR light that made a big difference. I will try this out for the tracking today, but if it's about the same I will go for the newest FW with better night vision.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
september 2016 firmware went right in like, super fast, odd thing it said it rebooted but I didn't hear it do the little boot up dance, but it DOES say it is 9/12/2016 so I'm happy, me and Andy think my hardware is a little different because apparently dahua will change the hardware enough for certain firmwares not to work and not tell anyone, lol.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
september 2016 firmware went right in like, super fast, odd thing it said it rebooted but I didn't hear it do the little boot up dance, but it DOES say it is 9/12/2016 so I'm happy, me and Andy think my hardware is a little different because apparently dahua will change the hardware enough for certain firmwares not to work and not tell anyone, lol.
Yeah, that is maybe the problem~ you can share the firmware here if any guys want to upgrade!~ China can't use dropbox, only can send on skype~

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you make any changes in the Global Tab?

Installed this and right off I can say the night settings are much worse for my area. The 2017 FW had a SmartIR setting for the IR light that made a big difference. I will try this out for the tracking today, but if it's about the same I will go for the newest FW with better night vision.
Nope, i didn't change anything in the Global tab. I have no idea what that section is about. Changes there don't seem to affect operations of the PTZ.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Happy to see that it finally worked for you!

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is how autotracking should work (in my humble opinion):

The bold guy is me btw ;-)

And here another good sample:

So this is with the September 2016 firmware! I'm happy with my PTZ for now. Just anxious to see if i'm still happy after dark ;-)
Nice! Can you show a screen shot of your intrusion zone and settings for it?