Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you happy with your 59 series at night with moving objects in low light? Some footage would be good to show your results.
Yeah, would like to see that also. But i guess it stays quiet now. I put also a lot of trust in Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) to come up with a workable solution, but I'm also starting to doubt if this PTZ is really worth it's price. And then what?

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had my last one 2 years never a problem. This one comes with a 2 year warranty same as Dahua and Jack has been nothing but outstanding in communications and help unlike some sellers that don't even acknowledge problems even though they know as they all read the forums like me and you. Again for the price I paid if I get 2 years I would be more than happy.

Are you happy with your 59 series at night with moving objects in low light? Some footage would be good to show your results.
Here is an example from mine.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
This is my first PTZ ever so I have nothing to compare to lol and honestly out of the tons of people that have them I've only heard a few complaints, not to say yours are not warranted. I've heard auto tracking sucks on most ptz's and is more of a gimmick but I wanted it to play with anyways

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would like to see it in colour with no extra floodlights zoomed in say 15x across the street of a person walking as in my sample above.
Well that would be under the street light. I will have to set it to color mode overnight to see if I can catch anyone.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't expect a ptz to be too awesome at Auto tracking, it's not like it's got an AI in there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mike Mo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Model Number:YC-HD785R-20X from jack Aliexpress @ a special price not as advertised wink wink.
Where abouts are you?
do you have jack's username or other contact info? thx

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Just done a few samples in B&W with IR and as you know I personally don't use B&W but I got to say these look very good indeed and I might be converted :) I think the IR was set too strong but it was a quick simple out the box settings.

color is always going to be somewhat noisy at night and not as sharp as black and white, even with the awesome starlights.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, would like to see that also. But i guess it stays quiet now. I put also a lot of trust in Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) to come up with a workable solution, but I'm also starting to doubt if this PTZ is really worth it's price. And then what?
Been corresponding with Andy and he doesn't think it is hardware. I trust Andy will work things out. He's been a very reliable source for us. I don't see that changing.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would like to see it in colour with no extra floodlights or super bright xenon car headlights reflecting of a big white double garage ( just street lighting ) zoomed in say 15x across the street while tracking a person walking. ( similar to my sample above ).
Here are some wildlife shots that didn't expect last night!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Very impressed with the Yunch , however comparing Color vs B&W IR really is comparing apples and oranges I think. There are good uses for night forced color if you have enough white light, but as those critter images show and @ljw2k says, as soon as light levels degrade the Starlights ghost very quickly in color mode, as do most cameras.

Last edited:

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Andy is looking for any test video to show the engineer the problem. They are blocked from YouTube there so it has to be through Skype. Mp4 preferred he said. I don't want to publicly post his Skype account so if you have something to send him, message me.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any one can send me a short video for the out off focus in the night? I am talking with the dahua engineer now, hope can get some solutions soon.
Andy,

See if they can access the video of mine on page 47 (I don't use YouTube). It shows the focus issue.