Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Impressive! Looking forward to see how it performs at night. I hope you can send samples of that also.
in my experience it's always better to leave settings auto on a security camera, limiting the focus distance doesn't seem like a good idea for any situation lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mike Mo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Model Number:YC-HD785R-20X from jack Aliexpress @ a special price not as advertised wink wink.
Where abouts are you?
Do you like the camera? how does it do at night? How long have you had it and Is it reliable? Thx

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
From now on, i need to collect some information for this model, the main problems we meet.
Anyone can send me an email?kingsecurity2014@163.com
I will report to dahua engineers. Dahua PTZ price is high, but i have confident it can beat down those small brands. But if you just want a toy, then can buy a cheap one. I get some progress for solving the NVR52xx reboot issues, maybe have news soon.
Till now most cams still be very good, esp for the PTZ ones. 1000pcs maybe 1-2 failed.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am happy with the camera for the price I paid especially @ less than 1/2 the price of the Dahua. Reliability unsure but comes with a 2 year warranty and Jack has been brilliant with me very polite unlike some Chinese sellers!. Only time will tell in regards to reliability. I see it if it lasts 2 years then it's been £200 well spent. As you can see from my videos they aren't bad and a lot better than some so called toy cameras. The main thing is you can have the so called best camera on the market but if it don't capture the moment it might as well be in the bin and that's where my last camera nearly ended up.

Noise was also a factor for me as I live in a terraced town house and the camera I have now is whisper quiet where the last one I had was unusable at night as it woke the wife the neighbour and the street up with the horrific noise of the motors while panning.

Frank I tried turning on the auto tracking at night for a few moments and did not see it track unless the settings needed tweaking more but I will not be using Auto tracking feature anyway so don't bother me.Below is another quick video sample of this toy camera capturing moving cars and moving people at night same lighting conditions as the Dahua Pro model I sent back because it would not capture this type of image of moving objects and focus issues.

I have sorted the slow focus at night time on this model as it just needed setting to INFINITY and AUTO focus in menu and now its very quick near instant as you can see from the sample below.

Again very impressive compared to the Dahua. The problems with the Dahua really need to be handled soon, or I will considder sending it back to Andy. Focus and tracking from what i see in your video's is what the Dahua should do better. But it is definitely not. By daytime it's doing quite ok, but at night it definitely is not what we should expect from an expensive pro PTZ. I hope Andy brings solutions soon or else this thing will find it's way back to Mainland China.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm still not impressed. For a pro level camera it performs well when running it by hand. Automatically not so much. Mine seems to struggle horrible with tracking and focus. Night time it's sometimes wasteful blurred faces. I still believe in Andy and his commitment to us. I put a lot of time and money into that project. Just like the rest of you guys. I also had a wife chewing on me about it. Lol. Still!

falcy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
At this point it is better the SD49225T-HN even if it does not have auto tracking...

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In hind side with current performance I would have bought the 49 and put the difference into another camera for another angle.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Exactly what I did. Bought the SD49225 and use a 5231R-Z to trigger PTZ movement on the 49225. Still working out how this works. The 5216-4KS2 makes everything very unreliable, right now.
This is what I do with my 5231R-Z, 49225 and 5216-4KS2. I've had no issues or false alarms. Works every time. I set motion detection on 5231R-Z and then set it to trigger 49225 to a selected preset. Upon motion of the 5231R-Z the 49225 will move to the preset then move back to home location after 3 min.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm still not impressed. For a pro level camera it performs well when running it by hand. Automatically not so much. Mine seems to struggle horrible with tracking and focus. Night time it's sometimes wasteful blurred faces. I still believe in Andy and his commitment to us. I put a lot of time and money into that project. Just like the rest of you guys. I also had a wife chewing on me about it. Lol. Still!
what version of the firmware are you running? Also that other ptz, the yunch, is it as good of low light performance and other features and functions? remember the grass is always greener thing lol.