I'm a novice need hardware, software advice

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm brand new on this subject. So any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking for suggestions for outdoor cameras and monitoring software.

I'd like the cameras to be pretty unobtrusive and I would like a monitoring platform that will work with cameras and doorbells on Windows, IOS and Android operating systems.
(We honor diversity. We work at desktop Windows PCs, have in-wall iPads for security, lighting, heating, music, etc and have android phones.)

I realize that I'm asking a lot, but if anybody has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

P.S. This is for home use. I'm not trying to protect the White House or the Pentagon. My budget isn't overly restrictive, but on the other hand, I'm not planning on building a security war room with wall-sized monitors manned by ex-special ops professional security forces.

Thank you,

JMH

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'd like the cameras to be pretty unobtrusive and I would like a monitoring platform that will work with cameras and doorbells on Windows, IOS and Android operating systems.
(We honor diversity. We work at desktop Windows PCs, have in-wall iPads for security, lighting, heating, music, etc and have android phones.)

I realize that I'm asking a lot, but if anybody has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,

JMH
Cliff notes

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm brand new on this subject. So any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. This is for home use. I'm not trying to protect the White House or the Pentagon. My budget isn't overly restrictive, but on the other hand, I'm not planning on building a security war room with wall-sized monitors manned by ex-special ops professional security forces.

Thank you,

JMH
Welcome @John M Hine

Cliff notes are a great place to start as fenderman points out, also check out the various threads on others asking similar questions.