Image Quality Issues

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, well A 4MP image shouldnt export as an 8MP image size and that low file size.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@bigredfish please let me know how I should capture the image. From all I see, neither BI nor the web portal for the cam allows me to look at the image in native resolution. Maybe I am missing something. So what I do is double clicking on the stream in BI which blows it up to full screen. I do the same with chrome, i.e. go to the cameras live view and expand Chrome to full screen. Since I have a 4k monitor that results in a 8MP image.

Having said that, what you see on my posts is what I see on my screen. Below is an image from another Dahua cam. While it also is a bit over sharpened, you can clearly see the structure in the pavement. In many areas of my new indoor cam, the wood floor and other areas are washed out.

Outside1.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ahhh BI, sorry I missed that. Im not experienced with it sorry to say, I'm using Dahua NVRs.

You should be able to export an image in native 4MP from the camera interface directly, I just did,. It exports a .bmp (11MB) which I saved here as a .jpg (2.1 MB)
192.168.1.110_ch_1_20240527_231108.jpg

Maybe one of the BI guys can explain the image size differences...