Imou Bullet 2 4MP camera

HowTo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

Want to know if anybody is using this type of camera and could help with settings.
Human Detection range. At night time.....

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all

Want to know if anybody is using this type of camera and could help with settings.
Human Detection range. At night time.....
Hi @HowTo

Please post more info on the camera..

specs, picture, links, cut and paste data sheet... something to help people know which camera you are looking at.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 2 new (5/2/2021) IMOU cube cameras. They require you to use a phone app to setup and a QR code to be scanned. This is a major security risk, i will not purchase a IMOU camera again.

As a NOTE i do not think outside wifi cameras will work very well.

Please read the IP Cam Talk Cliff Notes and other items in the IP Cam Talk Wiki. (read on a real computer, not a phone). The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan
Doing it right the first time will save you money.
Test do not guess

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
currently testing the turret and the p/t cruiser (auto track). Both includes wired/wireless connection. WiFi range is acceptable. Added to Dahua NVR through Onvif. Regarding the human detection included in the basic interface, it still need some tweaking as is generating some false alarms. Imou will include a Premium AI feature ($$) that will improve the accuracy (??). Overall, quite happy with the performance

HowTo

n3wb
Reaction score
currently testing the turret and the p/t cruiser (auto track). Both includes wired/wireless connection. WiFi range is acceptable. Added to Dahua NVR through Onvif. Regarding the human detection included in the basic interface, it still need some tweaking as is generating some false alarms. Imou will include a Premium AI feature ($$) that will improve the accuracy (??). Overall, quite happy with the performance
I also bought the Cruiser 4MP camera's arriving next week. Need to share some info regarding setup.

Last question AI detection how many feet detection range.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
re setup.. nothign too difficult.. first try if there's a web interface.. if no interface then use a dahua nvr or download the dahua smart pss to configure it. no need to use the app or connect it to the internet.

re imou human detection.. i don't think it's possible to tweak unless changing senstivity to low/medium/high ?
also i believe this human detection feature is the same as dahua SMD 3.0

1621672421491.png

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
holiday is correct, the sensitivity adjustment only includes five steps. I will let you know about range, but basically it will depend on the surrounding/height (one installed in gazebo, another will be installed in a pool area). In my case, the Human detection is a plus, but my main interest is to remotely triggering the spot/siren. I just added a more powerful external spot/siren