Important:About making order for dahua From Empiretech Andy

Reaction score
In researching NVR specifications I created an Excel Spreadsheet to help in determining which one to buy.

I have attached the file in the hopes it will help others.

I did not include some of the NVRs that were beyond my spending limit.

RodeoGeorge
Hate to say it, but it's only helpful if your looking for an NVR with onboard POE in the NVR52/NVR54/NVR58XX series. But, looks good!

Rod Rosare

n3wb
Reaction score
I received my order today it was like Christmas, 4 boxes 14 cameras one of them PTZ and an NVR, may look at Blue Iris but I like the Idea of being able to maintain the security system on a smaller battery backup in a hidden location just incase and I can run both as I went with separate switch not built in on the NVR. I will say that its my first time handling the Dahua products and I'm pretty impressed with the initial build quality. Everything looks good so far need to inspect all the cameras. Andy and his team packet everything pretty good used every space in the box that's for sure, quick overview reveled only a couple small scratches on the PTZ mount had to happen in shipping as it was next to another metal junction box, but no big deal that can be fixed with some touch up paint. Just a side note the original mount for the PTZ that I received was perpendicular to the wall so the fixed the level/jig issue they had. I will say the PTZ (SD59225U-HNI) is a monster wasn't expecting it to be that big compared to the turrets and bullet cameras but its no toy and for what you get again impressed with the build quality. This is even after seeing other members pictures. I'm going to order another IPC-HDW5231R-ZE based on some info given by others like looney2ns as I use them to monitor the front yard area and set up trip wires to guide the PTZ over to the area then it will track the subject. Over all very happy from start to finish with Andy's service all the questions I had (asked many) ordered on Sunday and had it in my hands today (Friday) California. I'm waiting for a 16 POE+ switch that I ordered from the Texas last week. Now to de-install my Swann system and get this installed, it's going to take awhile. Going to burn in the cameras first to be on the safe side. Anyway thanks Andy and the other members on this site for the help.

SoCal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks guy,
Today Costs 16hours to reply all emails , seems still have many emails not reply. lol, tomorrow go on! Today processed 90% orders, tomorrow can be totally done.
Thanks for all guys support.

Andy

Thats a great problem to have :)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy, is the CNY supply disruption finished?
yes, crazy bad, but most models i get enough stock before Chinese new year, right now the bad lack of stock model is SD49225T-HN, SD59225U-HNI, SD49225T-HN-W, SD52C225U-HNI. Other models i have enough stocks. So still can be same day shipping when order made.

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In researching NVR specifications I created an Excel Spreadsheet to help in determining which one to buy.

I have attached the file in the hopes it will help others.

I did not include some of the NVRs that were beyond my spending limit.

RodeoGeorge
Thank you, very helpful. Don't know why Dahua hasn't produced a comparison list like this!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Servetech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All, Andy,

Can the products firmware be updated using the US latest updates?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I hope all of our cams can protect all users. Here is a guy from US, he caught the bad guys with good videos. It's really happy to know this.
upload_2018-3-18_15-59-15.png

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I hope all of our cams can protect all users. Here is a guy from US, he caught the bad guys with good videos. It's really happy to know this.
View attachment 27588
Andy we actually had someone sent to prison for 18 months minimum because of the footage from a couple of the 5231 cameras I bought from you almost 18 months ago - even the police were praising the quality of the footage from these two and then the 4431s I'd installed with a neighbour.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy we actually had someone sent to prison for 18 months minimum because of the footage from a couple of the 5231 cameras I bought from you almost 18 months ago - even the police were praising the quality of the footage from these two and then the 4431s I'd installed with a neighbour.
That is good news! LOL

achalmersman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Police just arrested the 2 suspects that had stolen air conditioners at our church and another as wellbas several local break ins. My cams from Andy 5231 starlight turrets and 5231 Z12s for LPR was crucial in identifying the car and plate which is what got them caught.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just got a summons to appear in court Wednesday regarding some night-time 5231 video that helped solve a breaking and entering/grand larceny case.

Great to hear 5231s are making life tough for some of the bad folks out there!

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, i am not very sure if can work fully, @looney2ns do you know this? Thanks.
Andy, my guess is that basic Motion Detection will work OK... ONVIF seems to handle that well.

However, the advanced "IVS" motion detection doesn't seem to get triggered via ONVIF, so I'd be surprised if non-Dahua NVRs work with that specific feature.