Initial review of the DS-2CD2347G2-L(U) ColorVu 2.0 IP camera.

k110

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is a new firmware from Hikvision itself where the 'white light trigger on detections' option is added so no need for custom firmwares, V5.5.160 -> DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is a new firmware from Hikvision itself where the 'white light trigger on detections' option is added so no need for custom firmwares, V5.5.160 -> DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL
After testing custom firmware from Perth my advice is if you don’t need the white light trigger don’t upgrade pass 5.5.150_200927.
As this may delay line crossing and intrusion detection's triggers when the target is traveling across the camera face by up to three car lengths.

Disabling the function doesn’t correct this delay. Will let someone else test 5 .5.160

Lukkkas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, could you help me please? I tested first generation 2CD2347G1 at home before buying. And I don't know if this type is the best for my preferences. I send photo from house. Because before some days visited my neighbour theef (with car before house) so I need camera, which show me at good quality car with plate, and persons on the way. I don't know if new generation 2 is better for it, or choose some different type of camera. Thank you very much for advice Lukas

Picture is from 4 mpx generation 1 with 2.8mm and enable HLC. Maybe is much better for it 4 or 6mm?

Attachments

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
@Lukkkas. welcome.

first thing, you have way too much sky in your image. unless you are expecting thieves to come in on gliders or parachutes, there'se no sense pointing up so high. half of your pixels are showing nothing but sky.

second, you'll never be able to cover all the access points to your home with a single 2.8mm camera. While these latest Hik g1/g2 4/8mp cams are really good, you'll still need multiple views probably with deifferent lenses from differnt vantage points to really cover your property. That said, you picked a good cam to start with...

CocoPops

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm new to the forum, but came across this while searching for reviews on the new unit.

I have a question more around Empiretecandy models - a bit confused.

Are these original Hikvision units (They arent branded as such) and just need to be flashed with HV SW?

Do they hae any physical/technical differences and anything to look out for?

They are significantly cheaper, so just trying to understand.

Thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm new to the forum, but came across this while searching for reviews on the new unit.

I have a question more around Empiretecandy models - a bit confused.

Are these original Hikvision units (They arent branded as such) and just need to be flashed with HV SW?

Do they hae any physical/technical differences and anything to look out for?

They are significantly cheaper, so just trying to understand.

Thank you
They are official Hikvision OEM models - it may come with or without a logo, but will have the most recent firmware on it.

CocoPops

n3wb
Reaction score
They are official Hikvision OEM models - it may come with or without a logo, but will have the most recent firmware on it.
Thank you clarifying, so just the logo may be missing?

Maybe I can engage with him/her and understand If I can get version with the logo on it.

Thank you.

Mtv

n3wb
Reaction score
Removed from the portals, maybe considered a bit too bugged, but still available via the product page :
Interesting,

The version on the portal was IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.160_210209 and the version on the above mentioned link is IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.160_210108.

the file sizes are also a little bit different and now with the 210108 version there is a pdf about changes, which didn't was available for the 210209 version.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It does seem like the G3 firmware is a bit of a work in progress.
Inspecting and testing the bugs and flaws out as opposed to not designing them in during development.

k110

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wanted to post this but did not yet find the time to dig deeper but here it goes:

Yes the 5.5.160 G3 firmware has been taking down from the portal, no idea why but the G5 foldername got updated with "2xx7G2" so it appears we will be using the G5 firmware as of now? If you look at the release notes of the newest G5 firmware (5.5.112) under 'supported product list':

ColorVu Series DS-2CD2347G2-L(U)(C)
ColorVu Series DS-2CD2T47G2-L(C)

In the release notes of the previous G5 firmware (5.5.111):

ColorVu Series DS-2CD2047G2-L(U)(C)
ColorVu Series DS-2CD2347G2-L(U)(C)
ColorVu Series DS-2CD2T47G2-L(C)
ColorVu Series DS-2CD3047G2-LS(C)
ColorVu Series DS-2CD3347G2-LS(C)

I've not tried to upgrade the firmware with a G5 firmware yet..

DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL (hikvisioneurope.com)

I have no idea what the 'C' behind the product name means? In the release notes, they list the difference between:

2xx6G2/2xx7G2(V5.5.150)
2xx6G2(C)/2xx7(C)(V5.5.112)

Where 5.5.150 is the G3 firmware and 5.5.112 the G5 firmware, so G5 firmware only for 'C' models? Very unclear..

Type2xx6G2/2xx7G2(V5.5.150)2xx6G2(C)/2xx7(C)(V5.5.112)
OSDSupport custom colorsDoes not support custom colors
Monitoring ModeOnly 8MP models support monitoring mode, Face Capture and Smart Event mode. For details about the functions supported by each mode, please refer to Note.All models of the 2 series support monitoring mode, Face Capture and Smart Event mode. For details about the functions supported by each mode, please refer to Note.
WDREdge flaws are obviousPerfect performance
CodingCompliant with configuration, low bitrate at nightThe night bitrate is 2 times larger than 2xx6G2/2xx7G2, and the overall configuration is in line with the configuration
ResolutionThe third stream supports up to 720P@30fpsRemove the resolution 2592*1944 from 2x46G2 models; Remove the resolution 2304*1296 from 2x46G2 and 2x47G2 models; The third stream supports up to 1080P@10pfs;

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea what the 'C' behind the product name means? In the release notes, they list the difference between:

2xx6G2/2xx7G2(V5.5.150)
2xx6G2(C)/2xx7(C)(V5.5.112)

Where 5.5.150 is the G3 firmware and 5.5.112 the G5 firmware, so G5 firmware only for 'C' models? Very unclear..
Yes, I had seen this as well, and puzzled over what the 'C' might mean.
I'm speculating that there could be internal hardware differences, judging by the significant differences listed against the product variants.
Maybe I should try the G5 firmware on the 'G2' camera and see if it takes it.

This 'G?' nomenclature for both hardware and firmware is very confusing for it's lack of clear relationship.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Very Interesting read about the G5 Firmware , I am not brave enough to try this on mine.

k110

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very Interesting read about the G5 Firmware , I am not brave enough to try this on mine.
I still have 3 in the box waiting for installation, maybe I try that G5 firmware on one of them soon.

Arnold Lift

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the Ball Shape Diameter of the camera for when you want to Install it in a Wall? What would be the needed Diameter when all the camera's mounting is removed and you're left with the Ball Shape?