Installed a new 4-port POE switch and cameras went offline.

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So this is the first time I've ever used a POE switch (BV-Tech 4-port POE +2 ethernet uplink ports) for my cameras and I thought it was plug and play but now the cameras are offline. Looked for directions from BV-Tech but nothing there to help me. I have an AT&T router modem and have the switch connected to it from one of the uplink ports into one of the modem/router ports. Both POE cameras are plugged into powered POE ports on the switch but am getting the 8000274c error. I tried plugging my PC into the switch and am currently on the internet now so is it and AT&T router thing or a Blue Iris thing?

Thanks!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How were the cameras connected before ?
I have 3 of the same switches, one was DOA, which was replaced. Not recommend this switch, but by bad for purchasing.
Reboot the PC.
Can you access the cameras from the PC using Internet browser?

As I understand your configuration.
2 cameras plugged into the BV switch using POE ports
1 PC plugged into the BV switch using uplink port
1 AT&T router modem plugged into the switch using uplink port

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong because now my wi-fi camera keeps going offline/online (error 8000007a) and it's obviously not connected via ethernet.

Before adding switch:
Amcrest camera 1 connected via wi-fi
Amcrest camera 2 POE connected via injector into AT&T router
Dahua camera POE not purchased yet (just came today with switch)

After adding switch:
Amcrest camera 1 connected via wi-fi
Amcrest camera 2 POE connected to powered POE port on BV-Tech (no injector)_
New Dahua camera POE connected to powered POE port on switch

All lights on BV-Tech are lit.

If it helps, I can't log into camera settings via Internet Explorer on camera 2 (POE). I can on camera 1 (wi-fi)

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So this is the first time I've ever used a POE switch (BV-Tech 4-port POE +2 ethernet uplink ports) for my cameras and I thought it was plug and play but now the cameras are offline. Looked for directions from BV-Tech but nothing there to help me. I have an AT&T router modem and have the switch connected to it from one of the uplink ports into one of the modem/router ports. Both POE cameras are plugged into powered POE ports on the switch but am getting the 8000274c error. I tried plugging my PC into the switch and am currently on the internet now so is it and AT&T router thing or a Blue Iris thing?

Thanks!
did you have the cameras set to a static ip or dhcp reservation setup before you pulled power?
its not blue iris. Have you tried logging in to the camera via web browser?

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
did you have the cameras set to a static ip or dhcp reservation setup before you pulled power?
its not blue iris. Have you tried logging in to the camera via web browser?
Alright here is the latest. Whether because of a bad lightning storm this afternoon or me damaging one end of camera two's ethernet cable while pulling it through the cabinet, it seems the problem is with the cable. I tried a different cable and it worked both with the injector and the new POE switch. So I'll put a new end on the cable and hopefully that'll be it.

The other Amcrest camera has been solved too. It looks like my modem was staying in 5ghz on the wi-fi and that Amcrest model doesn't support anything other than 2.4ghz so it looks like I'll be replacing that camera down the road.

Thanks to everyone for attempting to solve my problems.

Last edited:

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm having issues with Blue Iris on PC and my phone. I have the one camera on wi-fi and the two on POE (all static) and BI keeps showing the cameras going offline and online and today, my BI server wouldn't even load on my phone. If I trying looking at the cameras through the Amcrest app on my phone, it shows all cameras fine. I know I've had this trouble before on another thread I just don't remember where I posted it.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you have Intel HD Hardware Acceleration enabled, in the Blue Iris server settings under the camera tab? If so you need to make sure your cameras are all set to H.264 not H.265 or the camera connections will keep resetting.

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Never mind fixed both problems. I forgot that I had reset my modem and just remembered that I had to reset a pinhole on my router firewall for Blue Iris. As far as the cameras kicking on and off, I unplugged my AT&T router/modem as well as the BV-Tech POE switch and once they were both up and running, everything seems to be perfect. I just installed Fing on my phone to track of the status of my devices on the network.