iOS Push Notifications have stopped working

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Sometime today, Push Notifications stopped working for both my wife and my iPhones. We received notifications earlier today but they suddenly stopped. I rebooted the BI workstation and the problem persists. Thoughts on troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm going through the same process now...Looks like it stopped working sometime in the last 4 hours. Guess it's back to SMS alerts for now.

Last edited:

brimstn

n3wb
Reaction score
Same here. I updated to the latest version and push notifications stopped. I haven’t tried rolling back yet, but it’s probably an expired Apple certificate like usual.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well, good to know I'm not the only one. No changes or upgrades happened today to BI or the PC running it. Odd...

thedcdude

n3wb
Reaction score
I just emailed support, even though they probably already know about it.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same here.

Prolly apples certs expired again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brimstn

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems like this happens once a year. Certificates have an expiration date, seems like it wouldn’t be hard to renew those proactively and push an update out before the current one expires. *shrug* First world problems, I suppose.

Last edited:

JT3

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issue here. I don’t see any patches for version 4?

Bob27

n3wb
Reaction score
Same with me also. I have a remote system using version 4 that I will not have access to for a couple months.
Using teamviewer I can set up SMS alerts/notifications but would like to avoid having to retrain the in-laws on that.
I’ll watch for a few days to see if it gets fixed in 4. If not, I’ll email Ken.

AdySan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
bummer that v4 will not get push notifications anymore. There's nothing wrong with the software, all it needs is a cert update. I think it deserves an update just for that....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
bummer that v4 will not get push notifications anymore. There's nothing wrong with the software, all it needs is a cert update. I think it deserves an update just for that....
1. you cannot expect support for life.
2. most folks running BI are port forwarding despite it being a bad idea. There are security updates that need consideration.