iOS push notifications stopped working

Oneup

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 5 different Android phones all on LAN WiFi connection. All software updated rebooted and BI server pinged through BI app. All worked like clockwork for years. I still find the BI push notifications intermittent. I can walk around the property and all phone have good prompt notifications, then do the same thing a few minutes later and only 1 phone will get notifications. I don't have any more hair to pull out. Anyone else notice intermittent notifications?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 5 different Android phones all on LAN WiFi connection. All software updated rebooted and BI server pinged through BI app. All worked like clockwork for years. I still find the BI push notifications intermittent. I can walk around the property and all phone have good prompt notifications, then do the same thing a few minutes later and only 1 phone will get notifications. I don't have any more hair to pull out. Anyone else notice intermittent notifications?
Yes, I am seeing this. Also getting notifications that sometimes take up to 5 minutes to arrive.

BWB8771

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Notifications are working again for me! (Galaxy S20/T-Mobile)

xoran

n3wb
Reaction score
Most messages arrive 10 minutes later or not at all. And pictures are no longer displayed at all. (Galaxy S20)

Oneup

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Per Ken, I deleted all Mobile Devices on BI server, uninstalled the BI phone app and reinstalled, then reboot phone, then re-enable Mobile Devices on the BI server. Make sure phone has all the correct permissions for notifications. Right now all 5 of my Android Pixel phones are getting low latency notifications again, all the way down to Android 8.1 devices. I did notice some small changes to the BI app menu after reinstalling app, so you cannot do just an update. As far as pics, I never got pics of triggers for years. I use sms notifications with pic added. Most people use Pushover app for trigger pics. Thanks for all of Ken's help!

Last edited:

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
but if you are just looking for a simple push and a quick setup, the pushover email option is simple to setup.
That's what I decided to do when I started having the notification issue on my Android phone. Not only is it a great alternative, but it allowed me to uninstall the Blue Iris app off my phone. I love Blue Iris, but their phone app was not my favorite.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just started playing with Google’s Generative AI in Home Assistant for notifications. So far it seems to be identifying people well, but I haven’t tried it with animals yet.

IMG_3374.jpeg