iOS push notifications stopped working

JRdabbler

n3wb
Reaction score
I previously had the error in my log about the check security. Read I needed to update
I’ve updated to version 5.7.3.0. Still no push notifications on two iOS devices in which they worked previously.

looking for guidance on my next step.

thank you

Injunfarian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Within the Global Blue Iris Settings goto User and edit the user account that you log into Blue Iris with from your phone.. then make sure the Push Notifications for the proper profiles are active there...

Once that is done then goto Mobile Devices tab in the Global Settings and make sure that the Push is checked for the Device/DeviceID, also make sure within your iPhone Settings that you have Notifications enabled for your phone.

Attachments

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you have no joy after confirming all the above suggestions, then try this…

1. Delete the device from the ‘Mobile devices’ tab.
2. Log back into Blue Iris from the device
The device will reappear on the ‘Mobile devices’ tab.

These steps have restored my devices on several occasions.

JRdabbler

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the assist… while trying to figure out what happened before the update i unchecked the profiles. Re activated them all is well now.

Pastelaso

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This started happening to me as well. In the past, I have tried the removing the smartphones and readded them and that has worked in the past. This time, I can't get it to work.
None of my phones are getting a notifications at all. Every time there's a motion alert and I open the app, I see the alert counter there along with a status counter alert as well.

Is this normal for it to just stop working on its own?
I notice I have to keep doing this every few weeks, but today it's completely dead and I can't get it to work.

Anything else I can try?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This started happening to me as well. In the past, I have tried the removing the smartphones and readded them and that has worked in the past. This time, I can't get it to work.
None of my phones are getting a notifications at all. Every time there's a motion alert and I open the app, I see the alert counter there along with a status counter alert as well.

Is this normal for it to just stop working on its own?
I notice I have to keep doing this every few weeks, but today it's completely dead and I can't get it to work.

Anything else I can try?
Thanks.
Yeah recently just happened to me, it just stopped working out of all sudden. It has been stop working for few days, even though I still can see all the alert counters once the app is opened.

Please help.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah recently just happened to me, it just stopped working out of all sudden. It has been stop working for few days, even though I still can see all the alert counters once the app is opened.

Please help.
Are you running a version that has the recently updated iOS push certificates?

Pastelaso

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is the same way with mine.

Are you running a version that has the recently updated iOS push certificates?
My BI version is 5.8.7.11. Not sure if that is the version you are referring to.

Reaction score
Once that is done then goto Mobile Devices tab in the Global Settings and make sure that the Push is checked for the Device/DeviceID, also make sure within your iPhone Settings that you have Notifications enabled for your phone.

Last edited:

JL-F1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been having this issue lately as well, usually on BI update

iphone

Only solution

delete devices from BI

delete app on phones

re-install app on phones
configure app
make sure they show in BI and with push