IP address from camera to nvr

ravencsr

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tested all my cameras via a poe cable and activated them via the sadp tool when the nvr had not been connected. When doing this I changed the ip addresses in sadp to that of my local network. e.g. 192.168.0.11 , 192.168.0.11 etc. Cameras are fine when looking through their individual web address as well as ivms software etc.

So I have hooked up the ds-7608 nvr and plugged the cameras into the nvr. When looking at the camera management screen from the nvr gui, the ip address for the cameras have now changed to 192.168.254.2 192.168.254.3 etc There is no video playback of the cameras via the nvr.

So do I need to now go back via sadp and change the camera ip address to match those from the nvr as the nvr has created its own 'new' network?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the ip address for the cameras have now changed to 192.168.254.2 192.168.254.3 etc
That's the address that the NVR expects to find the cameras on.
It's the normal address range as used by the NVR PoE interface.

So do I need to now go back via sadp and change the camera ip address to match those from the nvr as the nvr has created its own 'new' network?
That's correct.
The simplest way is to connect the PC to an unused PoE port so that SADP will find the cameras and allow you to match the camera IP address to that of the NVR PoE channel you have connected it to. No need to change the PC IP address for this.
Also, don't forget to set the camera password on the NVR PoE channel configuration to the password you have created on the cameras.