IP Cam Mix and Match

narinesa

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using ip network camera with Dahua NVR 4232

Camera A is remote channel 1 and assigned to viewing on NVR channel 1 (Dahua)
Camera B is remote channel 1 and is assigned to viewing on NVR channel 3 (Imorx)
Viewing works fine because A is on channel 1 and B is on channel 3

When A and B were installed from different manufacturers, they are both assigned number 1 for each manufacturer.
Problem is that the NVR cannot control 2 cameras on the same remote channel number 1 (but no problem with viewing because it was assigned to channel 3)

I need help with changing one of the remote channel
Looks like it has to be done on the actual camera but I have no idea or software how to change it
I tried everything I can think of but no luck

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense to me. What exactly is a remote channel? Can you show a screenshot or photo of the relevant configuration? Of course I don't own an NVR so maybe things are different than I imagine.

narinesa

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I do not know how to tae a screenshot from a NVR (like a DVR) since it has nothing to with my computer.
(I can do a screen shot with my computer but not with a NVR)

However, I am getting a message from the NVR "failed to get camera configuration)
It works on a limited basis like controlling the PTZ but not motion detect.
The display is assigned to channel 3

When I check on camera A setup, it was assigned to channel number 1.
Now with the other manufacturer
When I check on camera B setup, it was assigned to channel number 1.

I don't think that the NVR know which is the real number 1 channel because I have two cameras A and B from different manufacturers

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If they are remote the channel setting of a camera will play no part in the NVR configuration, the setting are just made up of IP, Port, user name and password, the only time this would be a problem is if they were local PTZ cameras being controlled with a rs485 data bus