IP Camera losing connection constantly with LaView NVR

Reaction score
Some days, it connects with the NVR with no issue and some other days the NVR is unable to establish a connection at all with the camera.

Curious if anyone else has experienced similar issues with their NVR (any NVR really) and what was their solution to fixing the problem?
Very frustrating when something happens and the cameras were not working properly at the time of the incident...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone else has experienced similar issues with their NVR (any NVR really) and what was their solution to fixing the problem?
Many of these types of problems as discussed on the forum are caused by faulty cabling.
Not following the required wiring scheme to maintain the twisted pairs is a common theme.
Can you run a temporary alternate cable to see if that changes anything?

Reaction score
Many of these types of problems as discussed on the forum are caused by faulty cabling.
Not following the required wiring scheme to maintain the twisted pairs is a common theme.
Can you run a temporary alternate cable to see if that changes anything?
Thanks. I should have mentioned earlier that the IP cameras in my case are mostly WiFi cameras which are Amcrest brand and Dericam.
So far, no issues with the PoE cameras using the original CCA ethernet cables included yet (knock on wood).

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. I should have mentioned earlier that the IP cameras in my case are mostly WiFi cameras which are Amcrest brand and Dericam.
So far, no issues with the PoE cameras using the original CCA ethernet cables included yet (knock on wood).
Hi @Rocketboy235

".. the IP cameras in my case are mostly WiFi cameras.."

This is why we recommend going wired... real copper wires, 23-24awg PoE ..

Looks like time to trouble shoot your WiFi access points and channels...

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
test, put the camera in the same room as your wifi router. Do you still have the problem ? This is assuming that the NVR uses the router to connect to the camera

++++++++++++++++++++++++
I have posted this before.

I did a wifi test a while back with multiple 2MP cameras each camera was set to VBR, 15 FPS, 15 Iframe, 3072kbs, h.264. Using a wifi analyzer I selected the least busy channel (1,6,11) on the 2.4 GHZ band and set up a separate SSID and access point. With 3 cameras in direct line of sight of the AP about 25 feet away I was able to maintain a reasonable stable network with only intermittent signal drops from the cameras. Added a 4th camera and the network became totally unstable. Also add a lot of motion to the 3 cameras caused some more network instability. More data more instability.
The cameras are nearly continuously transmitting. So any lost packet causes a retry, which cause more traffic, which causes more lost packets.
Wifi does not have a flow control, or a token to transmit. So your devices transmit any time they want, more devices more collisions.

As a side note, it is very easy to jam a wifi network. Wifi is fine for watching the bird feed but not for home surveillance and security.
Test do not guess.

For a 802.11G 2.4 GHZ wifi network the Theoretical Speed is 54Mbps (6.7MBs) real word speed is nearer to 10-29Mbps (1.25-3.6 MBs) for a single channel

Think of the problem as you are in a room with a number of different people talking to you about different subjects all at the same time, If you do not answer then they repeat what they said.

You neighborhood and house activity can effect your wifi, the neighbor or you turn on the microwave, Turn on the TV using a wireless connection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry for the late follow up on this....

So I was able to resolve my issue and it was due to the instability of my WiFi routers (ASUS routers) as I have multiple routers in a mesh configuration (AiMesh). After applying a recent firmware update, that was able to resolve the issue for the most part and then finally resolved it once and for all once I started connecting the routers with ethernet cable so no more wireless backhaul. End result? It is a heck of a lot more stable now. The cameras (WiFi clients) themselves connecting to the NVR weren't responsible for the issue over wireless.

I'm guessing because of the WiFi instability between the routers trying to connect with each other, it caused the NVR to have trouble trying to see the cameras even though most of the time I could still connect to the cameras if I access their individual camera administration webpage.